The Falkirk FC Thread

2 hours ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

Would be in my top ten. They were in no particular order so yes ! Johnny Goal a Game Graham.

It's sad so many remember him as the shadow of a player that came back in the George Miller managerial disaster.

Yes, should never have happened. 

1 hour ago, The Moonster said:

The guy who's playing every week in Serie A?

Their first choice left back dijks is injured so they've had to play him seems to get booked a hell of a lot. You never know he might.make it but I'm not convinced.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

Looking at last season’s table, Raith had 53 points after 28 games.
If we assume that the same points total would win the league after our 27 game season this time around, we need 36 points from the remaining 60 available. That’s 1.8 points per game.
To date this season we have been scoring over 2.4 points per game so if we maintained current form we would score another 49 points which means we would finish on 66 points.
All of the above is just for fun but it certainly doesn’t feel like we need to do an awful lot to win the title from here....

46 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

If we assume that the same points total would win the league after our 27 game season this time around, we need 36 points from the remaining 60 available. That’s 1.8 points per game.
To date this season we have been scoring over 2.4 points per game so if we maintained current form we would score another 49 points which means we would finish on 66 points.
All of the above is just for fun but it certainly doesn’t feel like we need to do an awful lot to win the title from here....

This is why our management team always say we'll just take it one game at a time. I'll take 3 points per game for the rest of the season.

1 hour ago, roman_bairn said:

Christ on a bike

8 minutes ago, effeffsee_the2nd said:

Why not just be confident for once? Not you personally i mean everyone? To me we really look like we will open up some daylight soon. Is that the case or do falkirk tv edit the highlights to flatter us? Genuine question as I haven’t watched a full 90 this season

Too many years of building ourselves up only to be let down once again. Better to be pleasantly surprised if say.

We’ve basically also only played the teams we smashed last season anyway. 

We beat peterhead at home last season easily, twice. Forfar was comfortable all season, not so this season. East fife we beat 2-0 at home back in feb I think. Montrose we won 3/3 from. Dumbarton away performance was definitely impressive but they seemed injury ravaged. Cove at home was a decent showing, they’ll fade. 

We toiled at Partick and could not have complained about being beat (remind you of any title challengers last season?) 

Clyde and Airdrie were basically the reason we lost the league last season. If we get through those 2 games I’ll start to get excited 

18 minutes ago, effeffsee_the2nd said:

Why not just be confident for once? 

You can be confident without making ludicrous, utterly nonsensical statements like feeling there's not much left to do to win the title from here when you've played a grand total of seven league games, you have a point-four point lead over the team in second and there's sixty still to play for. The next three games will tell us a hell of a lot more about exactly where we are than the first seven have. A minimum of seven points out of nine from them would justify some belief that we may have finally turned a corner.

1 hour ago, bairn88 said:

We’ve basically also only played the teams we smashed last season anyway. 

We beat peterhead at home last season easily, twice. Forfar was comfortable all season, not so this season. East fife we beat 2-0 at home back in feb I think. Montrose we won 3/3 from. Dumbarton away performance was definitely impressive but they seemed injury ravaged. Cove at home was a decent showing, they’ll fade. 

We toiled at Partick and could not have complained about being beat (remind you of any title challengers last season?) 

Clyde and Airdrie were basically the reason we lost the league last season. If we get through those 2 games I’ll start to get excited 

Did I imagine us beating Clyde already this season in the League Cup?