The Falkirk FC Thread

Keena back up top should see us convert more chances.  Sammons general play has been greatly improved but isn't a great finisher. His two chances on Sat should have seen at least one hit the net (or at least on target).  

Not convinced Connolly will add much tbh though will be a better option than Leitch.  I do think Telfer deserves a run based on his appearances from the bench so far this season.  

Todd remains a bit of a mystery.  

15 minutes ago, Proudtobeabairn said:

Keena back up top should see us convert more chances.  Sammons general play has been greatly improved but isn't a great finisher. His two chances on Sat should have seen at least one hit the net (or at least on target).  

Not convinced Connolly will add much tbh though will be a better option than Leitch.  I do think Telfer deserves a run based on his appearances from the bench so far this season.  

leitch is a tricky one as he's obviously far more suited to play on the right but isn't going to get in front  of Morrison.  If I was him I'd be spending all week using my left foot . Telfer is pushing Alston for the other midfield slot. It's whether you keep playing Alston to give him as much game time as possible or play telfer and perhaps see Alston continue to struggle for form off the bench.

1 hour ago, Proudtobeabairn said:

disagree about Connolly, was a big player for us come the end of last season and i think we will look a lot better and a lot more balanced with him in the side. 

I thought the midfield struggled on Saturday, Alston and Leitch were anonymous. Hopefully Alston can get back to how we know he can play and Leitch has been ok but got to agree Connolly would be 1st choice. I also thought we did better up front and at the back on Saturday, Hall come onto a game and Sammon did well. Good performance considering our best player so far this season (Morrison) had probably his worst game for us. We've still players to come back so a win on Tuesday would set up the cup game nicely.

FFS he won’t add much? last season he was our best player outside McManus

1 minute ago, Back Post Misses said:

FFS he won’t add much? last season he was our best player outside McManus

Hugely improved after M&M came in. Probably the only willing late runner into the box in the team then. Should pose a real threat in the current side as teams will have more to think from our midfield about than last season with Alston and Morrison in the team.

8 hours ago, roman_bairn said:

Never mind the fact that he scored the winner I thought he played well.
Funny how differently people can see a game....

I probably didn't put myself across to well in that post. I didn't think Morrison had a bad game or was poor just that I thought he didn't play as well on Saturday compared with his other games for us where he's been excellent. 

14 hours ago, knee jerk reaction said:

I thought the midfield struggled on Saturday, Alston and Leitch were anonymous. Hopefully Alston can get back to how we know he can play and Leitch has been ok but got to agree Connolly would be 1st choice. I also thought we did better up front and at the back on Saturday, Hall come onto a game and Sammon did well. Good performance considering our best player so far this season (Morrison) had probably his worst game for us. We've still players to come back so a win on Tuesday would set up the cup game nicely.

Maybe , just maybe , Alston is no longer the player we remember.

Which might explain why he's no longer wanted in the top league and now in Div 3.

Hopefully as you say , that's not the case.

3 hours ago, Hank von Hell said:

Maybe , just maybe , Alston is no longer the player we remember.

Which might explain why he's no longer wanted in the top league and now in Div 3.

Hopefully as you say , that's not the case.

Even so he shouldn't need to be in this league. You'd still expect him to be a cut above the majority of players.

1 hour ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Even so he shouldn't need to be in this league. You'd still expect him to be a cut above the majority of players.

He should be doing better but he wasnt always a steady 7 every week last time around, he had purple patches where he could do no wrong and I am sure a purple patch will be along soon hopefully but his career at St Johnstone and Hamilton was pretty much the same. I am confident he will help us massively but if we are to win the league this season, it will be Morrison, Keena  or Connolly being more productive over the season. 

I still laugh at the game where he Houston didnt want to sub either Alston or Sibbald in a game and ended up playing both them down the right hand side to get Hippo on the left handside.

13 minutes ago, MrDust said:

He should be doing better but he wasnt always a steady 7 every week last time around, he had purple patches where he could do no wrong and I am sure a purple patch will be along soon hopefully but his career at St Johnstone and Hamilton was pretty much the same. I am confident he will help us massively but if we are to win the league this season, it will be Morrison, Keena  or Connolly being more productive over the season. 

I still laugh at the game where he Houston didnt want to sub either Alston or Sibbald in a game and ended up playing both them down the right hand side to get Hippo on the left handside.

His best attribute was always his finishing. We need to get him in positions to use that more often.

47 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

His best attribute was always his finishing. We need to get him in positions to use that more often.

He scored half his league goal total for us in one season, the only season he got double figures. If you are a goalscoring mid you have to hit double figures each season.

Like many I bet, I can't recall many Blair Alston tap ins, tho do remember a header I think. The goal he scored for Hamilton was a worldy, many of the St Johnstone ones were too and a lot of his with us were and that is one of his main attributes. I'd take a similar one like his worldy against Rangers on Sunday

I'd happily start Todd in the middle with Alston. Miller and Gomis are both fine but at 33 and 35 neither are exactly spring chickens, both prone to the odd poor game. Especially at home I think Todd offers us more of a goal threat. He should never play wide left though

2 hours ago, MrDust said:

He scored half his league goal total for us in one season, the only season he got double figures. If you are a goalscoring mid you have to hit double figures each season.

Like many I bet, I can't recall many Blair Alston tap ins, tho do remember a header I think. The goal he scored for Hamilton was a worldy, many of the St Johnstone ones were too and a lot of his with us were and that is one of his main attributes. I'd take a similar one like his worldy against Rangers on Sunday

Seem to remember a tap in v hibs, but that was after he left a defender on his arse right enough.