The Falkirk FC Thread

They get around 3000 at home so you would certainly get a lot more paying than you would have got coming down .  Say you sold 4000 streams at 14 quid a pop. That's what 58k.and we would get slightly over half of that so would be more than your 25k. Do we get more money than rangers I would hope since we have to pay to put the game on?

8000 sevconians watched PPV at Ross County apparently

50 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

There are hundreds of thousands of Rangers supporters in Scotland, never mind the rest of the world. Why do people have such a hard time getting their heads round 10,000 of them wanting to pay to watch their team?

Agreed.

Im a Falkirk fan but I’ve loved watching Rangers play in Europe.

They’ve  come on by leaps and bounds.

Like the national side, great for Scottish football.

1 minute ago, Bantabairn said:

I may have missed some information on the testing requirements/stipulation on testing for all our football clubs, so hoping someone can confirm.

Apart from the top league and unless there’s top league opposition, there is absolutely no requirement for any club to carry out testing ? Is that the current situation?

As far as I am aware.

I think you’re correct.

6 hours ago, Hank von Hell said:

State of Origin rugby match tonight QLD v NSW , Suncorp Stadium, Brisbane.

Capacity crowd of 52,000 , no masks, no social distancing. A beautiful sight to see.

There is hope everyone.   

As Stainrod said, rugby is a game for men with funny shaped balls

Aka a country that calls the beautiful game soccer 😂

8 hours ago, Hank von Hell said:

State of Origin rugby match tonight QLD v NSW , Suncorp Stadium, Brisbane.

Capacity crowd of 52,000 , no masks, no social distancing. A beautiful sight to see.

There is hope everyone.   

Sure would like to see something like that...instead we have 30,000 in a 80,000 capacity stadium, with about half taking their masks off and screaming, with COVID cases at a record high in the area. Oh, plus the moron owner saying he wants to have more fans for the next game...

Just stay sane with keeping safe, because it ain’t happening in Texas...there isn’t much hope here right now.

1 hour ago, Shadwell Dog said:

I presume we aren't having to pay for the testing or is that another kick in the nads to add to our piss poor 25k?

I don't see why we would not be paying. Like every club, we received 50k prior to the start of the season for this very purpose. The money for testing is presumably ring-fenced.

2 hours ago, Shadwell Dog said:

I presume we aren't having to pay for the testing or is that another kick in the nads to add to our piss poor 25k?

Kicked in the nuts! From the Falkirk Herald, in September:
“In relation to the Betfred Cup, a number of lower division and non-SPFL (and therefore non-swab testing) clubs will play against Premiership (swab testing) clubs this season. To minimise the risk of transmission to Premiership players, any team drawn against a Premiership club in the Betfred Cup will be required to swab test their players in the 168-hour period prior to that fixture, with results provided to the League by midday two days prior to the tie.

“As with Premiership league fixtures, any players who test positive would be required to self-isolate and would not be able to take part.

“If a club is unable or unwilling to field a team in a Betfred Cup Round 1 group stage tie, or fails to provide sufficient negative test results, the club concerned will forfeit the match (on the basis of a 3-0 defeat).”

3 hours ago, TxRover said:

Kicked in the nuts! From the Falkirk Herald, in September:
“In relation to the Betfred Cup, a number of lower division and non-SPFL (and therefore non-swab testing) clubs will play against Premiership (swab testing) clubs this season. To minimise the risk of transmission to Premiership players, any team drawn against a Premiership club in the Betfred Cup will be required to swab test their players in the 168-hour period prior to that fixture, with results provided to the League by midday two days prior to the tie.

“As with Premiership league fixtures, any players who test positive would be required to self-isolate and would not be able to take part.

“If a club is unable or unwilling to field a team in a Betfred Cup Round 1 group stage tie, or fails to provide sufficient negative test results, the club concerned will forfeit the match (on the basis of a 3-0 defeat).”

I realize this is about money but it just looks obviously like they only care about their precious Premiership players, the rest of football can carry on infected or not - they don't care , until they come into contact with the elite.  

12 hours ago, Bantabairn said:

If so I revise my earlier comments, about clubs going bust, makes more sense now, and wondered how so many clubs weren’t putting up the for sale signs, in light of the required costs.

No wonder we can’t get a handle on this virus, can’t see your own family, but can train with another 17/18 players every day.....

Exactly , makes no sense. Lower league footballers could very possibly be asymptomatic super spreaders.