The Falkirk FC Thread

2 hours ago, Falkirkfan1985 said:

RE The Cup game - taken from Premier Sports schedule...pretty much confirms no Falkirk TV, not sure if this is better financially or not?

image.thumb.png.de1b4a871361beacce56ddf927823ba9.png

Check the date on that, TBC could be a nickname for Celtic, maybe “The Bellend c***s”? Wait, never mind, it does say Betfred Cup...

1 hour ago, Gaz said:

Oh, I absolutely agree. I just found it funny that yon MrDust was using PPM to compare teams when it had previously been pointed out that Hartley achieved a much-improved PPM than Houston when he first came in, even with the same squad, and that that improvement increased even further when Hartley was able to bring in his own players, and yon Dusty was quite dismissive of that.

I don't think we can take away from that shambles of a start to the 2018/2019 season (and again I don't think any of us know the full story behind that) but Hartley didn't put a foot wrong between succeeding Houston and the start of that season.

Anyone with a brain cell could see that the wheels for sure came of the bus in Houston's last season and I also dont think more £s for him wouldve helped either,  but the original question was asked about last season in how anything pointed towards Falkirk winning the league and it was relative to use PPM as leagues were decided using the system. 

Not so relative is your weird love in for Hartley, I on the otherhand never bought into it

The man was a total disaster for Falkirk and had a huge slice of blame why we are in the 3rd tier, we had the whole of Scotland laugh at the quality of players he brought to our club in which was the worst Falkirk team I have seen. 

37 minutes ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

Just heard we’ll only get £25k because it’s Premier Sports as against £100k plus if we were on FTV

If anyone thought either of the ugly sister games wouldn't be live need their head testing.

11 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

It's quite plainly ridiculous that we would quite possibly have made more cash if we'd drawn Ross county than rangers. Typical spfl organisation hampering some clubs and not others.

Depends on the number of Ross County fans who would take up the stream?

They don’t have a big fan base.

4 minutes ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

Depends on the number of Ross County fans who would take up the stream?

They don’t have a big fan base.

They get around 3000 at home so you would certainly get a lot more paying than you would have got coming down .  Say you sold 4000 streams at 14 quid a pop. That's what 58k.and we would get slightly over half of that so would be more than your 25k. Do we get more money than rangers I would hope since we have to pay to put the game on?

Edited by Shadwell Dog

14 minutes ago, Bantabairn said:

Agree, the way this virus is taking hold, got a hunch this season will see games cancelled and points awarded etc, however we’ve got the “one flew over the cuckoos nest” hierarchy running our game, so could be anything. 

I’m seeing this a fair bit, and I don’t get it. Covid numbers are pretty bad in Scotland atm but are probably just about at a peak (although the tail off will be long). I’m not sure if there’s been a single game in championship and below that’s been called off yet. Why all of a sudden would there be game after game (which is what it would need to be) called off, causing a premature end to the season?! 

43 minutes ago, Bantabairn said:

Agree, the way this virus is taking hold, got a hunch this season will see games cancelled and points awarded etc, however we’ve got the “one flew over the cuckoos nest” hierarchy running our game, so could be anything. 

Don’t see it but I’m anti lockdown.

Time will tell.

2 hours ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

Just heard we’ll only get £25k because it’s Premier Sports as against £100k plus if we were on FTV

Not to be cynical, but you realize the number of buys to get to £100k+? Since the revenue is split 57.5/42.5%, you’d have to move £200k+ of purchases (don’t forget VAT), and even at something like £15 per, that’s over 13,000 streams sold...and if you don’t think Sevco fans are cheap b*****ds who’ll happily cram 15 people into a room to watch one stream, I’ve got news for you!

5 minutes ago, TxRover said:

Not to be cynical, but you realize the number of buys to get to £100k+? Since the revenue is split 57.5/42.5%, you’d have to move £200k+ of purchases (don’t forget VAT), and even at something like £15 per, that’s over 13,000 streams sold...and if you don’t think Sevco fans are cheap b*****ds who’ll happily cram 15 people into a room to watch one stream, I’ve got news for you!

Perhaps not 100k but certainly more than 25k. It's just typical spfl not thinking before they kick things off. A far higher percentage of the  money should be allocated to clubs whose games are televised to make up for the loss of cash because of this. It's ridiculous that clubs are getting  disadvantaged due to this.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

If anyone thought either of the ugly sister games wouldn't be live need their head testing.

Heard something similar. One game this season I believe 8,000 Rangers fans went online to watch an away game.

Pretty much sums our luck up. A full stadium plus TV and hospitality would have given us probably 150k. PPV online 80k+ . Premier Sports 25k. SPFL looking after member clubs again. [emoji15]

55 minutes ago, Bantabairn said:

I was referring to the fact that there’s been a few postponed matches albeit not outside the big league, and strangely not one where testing is not mandatory. My hunch is that there’s already cases of virus that are not being picked up, and may do soon.....

Well exactly, our league doesn’t test. It would be foolish to think we have no cases whilst the prem has quite a few outbreaks. But given these guys are fit athletes there will be a much higher probability of asymptomatics who just don’t get tested as they have zero/very light symptoms. In terms of public health, it’s not ideal. In terms of this season progressing normally, it’s great news (don’t take that the wrong way)

Fully expect Hearts to be reinstated to the top league and Partick to be given the Championship place regardless of where they are in the league. You read it here third.

Perhaps not 100k but certainly more than 25k. It's just typical spfl not thinking before they kick things off. A far higher percentage of the  money should be allocated to clubs whose games are televised to make up for the loss of cash because of this. It's ridiculous that clubs are getting  disadvantaged due to this.

You have to remember, Doncaster’s 400k has to be found first. That’s the priority.