The Falkirk FC Thread

7 minutes ago, Bantabairn said:

Not sure about that, maybe the gulf in quality football players, but the club will pull in a serious bit of cash regardless if it’s on TV or not, I’m assuming it will be available for live streaming to both sets of fans.

Not if it's picked for Premier sports - which it will be.

7 minutes ago, Bantabairn said:

Not sure about that, maybe the gulf in quality football players, but the club will pull in a serious bit of cash regardless if it’s on TV or not, I’m assuming it will be available for live streaming to both sets of fans.

Cash means f**k all if we’re humiliated. Can only pray those scumbags field their third team and the score remains respectable. Full strength Sevco will be double figures. 

Cash means f**k all if we’re humiliated. Can only pray those scumbags field their third team and the score remains respectable. Full strength Sevco will be double figures. 

Fuxake. Showing them too much respect.
We would likely lose but no way would we be humiliated....

The Falkirk FC Facebook page full of folk welcoming the draw. Can only asume they're closet Rangers fans who are fucking delighted to get to see their big team, or strangely want us to lose, as is more than likely. An absolutely dreadful draw, probably the worst you could get.

8 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

Don’t think I am but I desperately hope you’re right. They are flying just now. Don’t imagine Hamilton expected to lose eight goals last week.

12 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

I hope you are right, but given they absolutely bodied Hamilton 8-0 last weekend they are certainly capable if they field a full-strength team and are in the mood.

This is a dreadful draw.

I hope you are right, but given they absolutely bodied Hamilton 8-0 last weekend they are certainly capable if they field a full-strength team and are in the mood.
This is a dreadful draw.

I think we will have a go and probably lose by 2 or 3.
We have weaknesses in certain positions but we are not as bad as is being made out by some doom merchants on here.
I’m honestly more concerned that this does not get picked for TV, as I think there’s a real financial opportunity here.
If, as you would expect, it’s picked, do we pick up any cash at all? ....

3 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

We have weaknesses in certain positions but we are not as bad as is being made out by some doom merchants on here.
I’m honestly more concerned that this does not get picked for TV, as I think there’s a real financial opportunity here.

I don't know the ins and outs of the legalese when it comes to the rights, but isn't there a possibility we'd get more money if it *isn't* picked up for TV, as we'd be able to sell the streaming rights?

15 hours ago, roman_bairn said:

Our second season in Scotland’s third tier but God forbid there should be doom merchants within the support.🖕

Edited by MSG GTF!

3 minutes ago, MSG GTF! said:

Our second season is Scotland’s third tier but God forbid there should be doom merchants within the support.🖕

I can only assume there is a different version of Falkirk FC in a different reality that hasn't sunk to the third tier of Scottish fitba after what has been certainly the worst decade in my living memory.

3 minutes ago, Gaz said:

I can only assume there is a different version of Falkirk FC in a different reality that hasn't sunk to the third tier of Scottish fitba after what has been certainly the worst decade in my living memory.

We aren’t as bad as you make out. Only 4 points behind the league leaders, Cove Rangers. Let’s get behind the boys and have a real go at promotion this season. COYB. 

Edited by wee_bairn

1 minute ago, wee_bairn said:

We aren’t as bad as you make out. Only 4 points behind the league leaders, Cove Rangers. Let’s get behind the boys and have a real go at promotion this season. COYB. 

And if not there's always next season. Expect the unexpected

Mismanagement on a whole different scale from where we are now.
We would have been up last season had it not been for the Covid crisis....

We would have if “Big Lee” and “Cracks” hadn’t shit the bed.

Edited by MSG GTF!

Possibly, possibly not. We were second in the league and hadn't beaten Raith or Airdrie all season. I'm far from convinced we would have eventually finished top.

Possibly, possibly not. We were second in the league and hadn't beaten Raith or Airdrie all season. I'm far from convinced we would have eventually finished top.

I’d have fancied us in the play offs if necessary.
The point is we are on the upward trajectory of a deep trough.
Time to get behind them. Not attack them at every opportunity....