The Falkirk FC Thread

2 hours ago, Bantabairn said:

On a slightly different note didn’t realise that after Scotland’s heroics, Gallagher who I thought was really impressive was the same guy who played with Livi, and nearly jailed for three years for a brutal assault. As many will say everyone deserves a second chance.......

He wasn't nearly jailed he was jailed.

9 minutes ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

If you want a laugh, watch McKinnons post match interview after today’s game.

It never changes, Listen............

Exactly one year to the day, almost to the minute, since we emptied him as well, after an abysmal performance at Dumbarton A sad, sad day indeed.

19 hours ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

Good management ! Screwing the head ! Getting a bit streetwise and playing to his strengths !

It's no one thing but a combination.

Whatever it is he gives an outlet to what was no more than a clearance into a good ball. Must be a bugger to play against !

Serious hard graft on his part probably the biggest difference. He is a totally different player since QoS, where he was often out wide and a wet blanket to what he is now.

I honestly laughed when got called up to the Scotland squad but he played well and grew from there on, confidence and a manager who can bring the best out you helps but the graft is key. The likes of Arfield and Kingsley were perfect examples of similar who got on board with the same ethic.

Happy Birthday today to my original Hero at Falkirk Geordie Gibson

Rose tinted specs I know, but the Geordie Gibson I remember could nowadays feature in any of the home nation’s international sides.

Serious hard graft on his part probably the biggest difference. He is a totally different player since QoS, where he was often out wide and a wet blanket to what he is now.
I honestly laughed when got called up to the Scotland squad but he played well and grew from there on, confidence and a manager who can bring the best out you helps but the graft is key. The likes of Arfield and Kingsley were perfect examples of similar who got on board with the same ethic.

Probably the king of “limited talent, unlimited desire and application” was Kevin Keegan. If Dykes has managed to follow that ethic, then who knows, he might go further yet.

Thing is, there’s no club or manager that can tell ahead of time who will kick on and who won’t. In this case, the Launderers lucked in. Is he a Jockanese Lewandowski? Probably not, but he’s certainly pushed on ahead of most players of his type.