Kris.

The Falkirk FC Thread

Not sure how long the highlights were but I can see how a few minutes would make us look decent. There was about 65 minutes where we were brutal but nothing really happened which would make a highlights package apart from Montrose scoring.

I am genuinely saddened and confused by all this. Who hired Gow? What was the process? Why are we chasing away people with a real track record of turning round clubs much bigger than ours? Why are Thompson and Lang and co trying to get back in?

The message I got was that there is a real chance if us being out of business next year if this doesn't go through. My feeling now is of complete and utter helplessness as I watch these arrogant individuals inflict death by a thousand cuts on the football team I love.

30 minutes ago, FTID1876 said:

As a director, Lex has a duty to do what is right by the club. If there is a conflict of interest, ie refusing the resolution for his own financial gain, then he could be in hot water

Yes, this what I don’t get.

As per the Annual Report it states that the Directors (including Lex) support the Resolutions.

Lex is currently shown at Companies House as being a Director.

Therefore how can he NOT vote for the Resolutions?

Not a company lawyer but this seems strange.

1 hour ago, LatapyBairn. said:

Sorry but the two members of the MSG and Paul Healy that are planning to vote against the resolution won’t give a monkeys if fans stop buying  tickets. It doesn’t effect them in the slightest and only hurts the club in the short term, not them personally. Especially PH who lives in England and has nothing to do with the club other than own a few shares. Withdrawing season ticket money does not effect the vote at this AGM in any way what so ever.  The best and only way to influence it and allow the Rawlins investment is by making sure all the smaller shareholders make there voices heard by getting they’re votes in hopefully compensating for the two MSG that are not backing the resolution. Bare in mind 4 of the 6 from the MSG support the Rawlins investment and will be voting in favour. The fans still own 30% of the club, it’s a chance if all the small shareholders vote together to actually make that number count. 

If a company isn't making any money then shares in it aren't worth a great deal.

Lex has came out publicly though saying he is stepping down and emigrating to Australia (though with this pandemic that might not be for a while) and given Kev Beatties comments when he stepped down to bully allegations against AT why would anyone want him back at the club, ML will forever be associated with CC so to allow them back would be a massive step backwards.  So unless Gow is will to step in and provide the money with his Indian backers then it’s a no brainier for those to vote for the Rawlings option but this is Scottish football and Falkirk for that matter so common sense has rarely came into play.

10 hours ago, JulioBairn said:

What is the story with Gow? He seemed to be announced in this role and then we’ve heard f**k all. Is he a paid employee of the club? Has he just wormed his way in to boost his takeover bid? Are his croanies bad news?

That's what I can't get a grip on either. I notice though that in the AGM info Gary Deans states that Gow along with the management team will outline their future plans for the club.  Seems strange to me.

5 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

That's what I can't get a grip on either. I notice though that in the AGM info Gary Deans states that Gow along with the management team will outline their future plans for the club.  Seems strange to me.

The last owners of the club I truly trusted were Moffat and Allen.

The rest at the back of my mind was what is their motive for being here.

2 hours ago, Marshmallo said:

If a company isn't making any money then shares in it aren't worth a great deal.

We have to be blunt regarding FFC. Since the club sold Brockville it has no assets to borrow against. We have a share in the stadium company and the playing surface ( we don't own the land it sits on ) The stadium issue was debated to death a few months ago so lets not re run it.

So any of these outside investors will be wanting a return on their investment which can only by a % of the profits. Don't have a problem with that just tell the fans what % it is.

If it's done right as with Fergus McCann at Celtic would that not be good !

Edited by HopeStreetWalker

1 hour ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

We have to be blunt regarding FFC. Since the club sold Brockville it has no assets to borrow against. We have a share in the stadium company and the playing surface ( we don't own the land it sits on ) The stadium issue was debated to death a few months ago so lets not re run it.

So any of these outside investors will be wanting a return on their investment which can only by a % of the profits. Don't have a problem with that just tell the fans what % it is.

McCann took Celtic on when they were hours from bankruptcy... did he actually say what % he was wanting? 

If they were looking at a purely financial return then they'd just buy shares with absolutely no hassle elsewhere. 

2 hours ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

I don't think we have a share in the stadium company. We have a share in the stadium along with the stadium company which is owned solely by the council.

31 minutes ago, Bula Bairn said:

McCann took Celtic on when they were hours from bankruptcy... did he actually say what % he was wanting? 

If they were looking at a purely financial return then they'd just buy shares with absolutely no hassle elsewhere. 

Maybe a Celtic Fan on P&B can give the low down on this.

From what I gathered he stated that he would.

Clear the clubs debts. Rebuilt the stadium. Put in sound financial management practices. Leave after ? so many years ( think it was 8 years ) with his stake and a set amount of money.

Despised at the time but my goodness he did the right thing ! 

10 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

I don't think we have a share in the stadium company. We have a share in the stadium along with the stadium company which is owned solely by the council.

Looking at the Stadium company website and Company Check companies. The Stadium is fully owned by the Community Stadium Company. FFC have a stake in that company through the joint venture in building it.

The only thing FFC own at the stadium is the playing surface and as posted the stadium company owns the land it sits on.

50 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

Looking at the Stadium company website and Company Check companies. The Stadium is fully owned by the Community Stadium Company. FFC have a stake in that company through the joint venture in building it.

The only thing FFC own at the stadium is the playing surface and as posted the stadium company owns the land it sits on.

The club own part of the west stand, all of the north stand and the pitch. The north stand was a separate development the club had to fund fully by itself after the stadium was already opened in order to meet promotion criteria when we won the league. The south stand is owned by Sandy Alexander who is the clubs largest shareholder. 

Edited by LatapyBairn.

54 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

I don't think we do at all.

Taken directly from the website

The Falkirk Community Stadium is operated and managed by Falkirk Community Stadium Ltd (FCSL), a wholly owned subsidiary of Falkirk Council.

We don't have any stake in fcsl but share ownership of the stadium with it. 

Stadium

Falkirkfc.               FCSL

We own the seats in the West stand, the pitch, the north stand and rent the fourth stand off SA.  We also own the area where any east stand would be built. FCSL owns the rest.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

9 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

The Falkirk Community Stadium is operated and managed by Falkirk Community Stadium Ltd (FCSL), a wholly owned subsidiary of Falkirk Council.

Stadium

We own the seats in the West stand, the pitch, the north stand and rent the fourth stand off SA.  We also own the area where any east stand would be built. FCSL owns the rest.

This is an accurate breakdown of the stadium ownership I believe . Although I’m told the club also own the ground story including the changing rooms of the west stand. 

Edited by LatapyBairn.

32 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Stadium

Cannot find anything from The Council, Stadium Company, FFC that states that. Can you advise your reference / source ? help appreciated.

Let's not fall out about this again ! It's in indictment on the lack of clarity from all stakeholders that this situation is not clear to all concerned.

But in the end of the day whatever the assets we have in the stadium they are as near worthless as they are only worth as much as somebody is willing to pay.

The only buyer is not interested !

The physical assets don’t matter as we couldn’t sell them anyway.  That’s a good thing as it puts off one type of speculator at least.  

We are unfortunately in the midst of a battle for the club’s future which could reverberate every bit as much in the coming decades as post 1998.  If Gow and his collaborators get their way, Rawlins will be scared off and fans told to stuff it.  I can only see that former agent Gow would use the club as an ego trip and a plaything, and his alleged backer would make a similarly big f’k-up as he did at Livingston. 

We need to focus on hunting Gow and his cabal so they are so toxic that no-one with the remotest bit of interest or affection for Falkirk would touch him with Jim Leishman’s boaby. But we also need to work with those who had other, unconnected objections to the resolutions so we don’t miss any obvious fixes. 

If this fails, the club will be a laughing stock, and that blame sits at the feet of Gow, those behind him, and the three major shareholders who he managed to bewitch. 

6 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

Cannot find anything from The Council, Stadium Company, FFC that states that. Can you advise your reference / source ? help appreciated.

Let's not fall out about this again ! It's in indictment on the lack of clarity from all stakeholders that this situation is not clear to all concerned.

But in the end of the day whatever the assets we have in the stadium they are as near worthless as they are only worth as much as somebody is willing to pay.

50 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

Originally there was a stadium group that was joint owned by Falkirk FC and Falkirk council but that was all changed a few years back and the ownership was seperated out.

Edited by Shadwell Dog