Kris.

The Falkirk FC Thread

3 minutes ago, Bigbrbairn said:

Think some sort of demonstration is due IF we pass up on this deal. Okay they are a buy low sell high couple but with that in mind they will do their upmost to increase the share price. If I had a couple of hundred grand spare I would think we are a great investment opportunity.

In the current climate? There's only one effective form of protest and the fans will not take it, as has been proved time and time and time again. Not going to change now and far, far too late anyway. They'll simply carry on business as usual, just as they did after the Campbell disgrace last season.

9 minutes ago, Bainsfordbairn said:No no Shadwell, the new posters are " bang on" with their info, even if they'll disappear like snow off a dyke as soon as the vote is closed and their cheerleading is done. 

I don't have any ITK knowledge of boardroom shenanigans as it was never an area that interested me, as one or two folk who know me personally will confirm. I have no skin in this game. And from what I can see from public statements the Rawlins investment appears to be sound. They have a proven football background, money to spare, experience that will be useful and credible reasons for wanting to get involved. 

It seems ideal for us with no obvious downsides. Were I a shareholder I would be voting for it. 

Do you know what puts me off? The only thing I can find fault with? 

The PR effort that's gone into promoting this and rubbishing a possible alternative. Not so much on official channels but on various fan forums. The scare stories, the cheerleading, the reliable sources who only seem to give out information that points one way.  All of it makes me uneasy. It smacks of trying to manipulate people to get the result you want which I'm not comfortable with from a football club. 

That’d be valid if those opposing the resolutions were offering a competing vision or any alternative. A lot of effort has been expended on official channels explaining Rawlins etc proposition.

But this opportunity is at stake because folk who refuse to break cover are operating on the shadows.  That’s where the manipulation is - it rests with Gow and those behind him, and that’s the danger to our club. 

29 minutes ago, grahamston said:

That’d be valid if those opposing the resolutions were offering a competing vision or any alternative. A lot of effort has been expended on official channels explaining Rawlins etc proposition.

But this opportunity is at stake because folk who refuse to break cover are operating on the shadows.  That’s where the manipulation is - it rests with Gow and those behind him, and that’s the danger to our club. 

The question there being why Gow - a paid employee of the football club - is operating in the shadows along with whoever else in his camp. Does he plan to stick his head above the parapet any time soon? Whatever the outcome, his position must surely be untenable.

Much as I’ll support their bid, I listened to that 30 minute podcast and didn’t hear one thing that they were offering Falkirk FC other than investment....

15 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

Much as I’ll support their bid, I listened to that 30 minute podcast and didn’t hear one thing that they were offering Falkirk FC other than investment....

It still sounded better than MC

2 hours ago, grahamston said:

That's why I would have much preferred to have been able to vote on the night of the AGM. Anyone against the bid can then put forward their reasons why and any alternative investment plans can be discussed.  You then vote as you see fit after hearing from all parties.

I assume you have looked at his track record?

26 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

From any perspective investment/investors there’s always an unknown. What we have is one investor giving a clear offer of cash, and a process to finally break years of lies, wrongs and a huge split between the club and fans. On the other side we have two or three disgruntled ex board members and a recently employed ex player and associates lurking in the background, who has already had one failed go at getting a piece of our club. Not a word on what their proposing and for me a huge worry where the hell we will end up.....

The dilution of the value of shares is obviously a major concern to certain MSG members (Hiya Lex) and more important to them than significant outside investment in the club.  Fair enough but if it doesn't get voted through it would be pretty disappointing considering Sevco seem to do this annually to raise cash to paper over their cracks, and their shareholders don't seem to have a problem with it.     

Or maybe they think we don't need this investment and they can make the gains the Rawlins are expecting without them (I doubt it).   

8 hours ago, grahamston said:

I now have this image in my head of Hank Marvin getting his appendix out.

12 hours ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

No offence, but that sounds like a Project Fear story. 

I'm pretty sure ML cut all ties with the club when the rest of the BOD basically forced her out. The thought of her getting involved again - and doing so with AT - seems unlikely. 

No offence taken as i know how unlikely the 2 of them working together sounds and how bad their working relationship was previously but I'm pretty certain thats whats happening, im sure if you asked around people you know and trust you will be able to confirm it.

31 minutes ago, falkirkzombie said:

No offence taken as i know how unlikely the 2 of them working together sounds and how bad their working relationship was previously but I'm pretty certain thats whats happening, im sure if you asked around people you know and trust you will be able to confirm it.

He usually asks the folks in the club shop , they know more than any director don't you know.

So if I've got this right.

We've got American/Stoke people who want to invest and improve our club backed by the bod.

We've got an employee of the club fronting another bid opposing the one  backed by the people who actually employ him.

We have former bod members who can't stand each other backing that bid and voting against the Rawlins bid.

Could surely only happen at Falkirk.

That’s why I’ll support the bid.
However there were NO clear statements of intent in the podcast contrary to what others have said....

If Rankine is involved then god help us, he’s been involved in more clubs than Jack Nicklaus and none of them successfully imo. At least Rawlins has history of leaving clubs in a better way than he started.

7 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

That’s why I’ll support the bid.
However there were NO clear statements of intent in the podcast contrary to what others have said....

That's true, they were at pains to say that they'd be in the background rather than running the club.

I thought they spoke well though and there was no pie in the sky promises like MC last year. His record at Stoke and Orlando looks good too.

Is there absolutely no information about Gow's bid etc?