The Falkirk FC Thread

Telfer actually looked good as well to be fair to him when he came on. Alston and Miller offered nothing in the middle of the park. Hall got caught in behind for their second goal and Durnan got it all wrong for their first. Francis can't hold anything up into him and Dowds missed a sitter to finish the game. We played hoofball for 75 mins of that match then started to get the ball down. Other than that pleasing stuff.

Edited by FFC 1876

Very strange game.

Lots of ups and downs.

You could see Partick coming back into it and, at one point , I thought we were getting a drubbing.

Then the subs made a huge difference and we could have won it.

I thought our full backs were poor.

Mercer is worse than Doyle and Dixon is always up for conceding a penalty.

Dowds works hard but produces little.

He should have buried that chance just before HT.

Alston still not up to speed.

On Tuesday I would play all the fringe players.

Telfer took his goal really well.

Must get Kelly into the team.

Miller looks a bomb scare 

Whats wrong with Gomis?

Edited by Dawson Park Boy
Spelling

Just now, FalkirkLad said:

Miller seems to get a bit of an easy ride from some fans on here? Dunno if it’s cause he’s captain or what but he’s fucking stinking in the middle of the park and would be even worse at RB so can we please get that idea to f**k 

Fair enough, I 100% agree with getting him as far from the midfield as possible - gambling that he might have been better than Mercer at right back (which lets face it wouldn't be hard).  

Just now, Proudtobeabairn said:

Fair enough, I 100% agree with getting him as far from the midfield as possible - gambling that he might have been better than Mercer at right back (which lets face it wouldn't be hard).  

Just think he turns like an ocean liner when he’s in the middle so wouldn’t want to see him up against anyone with any pace whatsoever

1 minute ago, Bantabairn said:

What the hell happened to Alston, I was humble last week on my appraise for Alston after an indifferent start, however interested how others feel about his performance today ?

The only thing he done of note today was give away a needless foul just outside our own box. 

We missed Gomis in the middle, no other midfielder we have actually wants and demands the ball. Miller actually puts effort in to run away from both Hall and Durnan which is criminal.

With the players available I think we need to be going with 3 in the middle. Gomis, Todd and Alston preferably. The break from the league is a godsend next week.

Not great at all today. Maybe it's just out of hope but I really do think we will look a different team with Connolly out on the left.

When is he expected back?

ETA I will admire to forgetting about him earlier on. His return would give the team more threat from wide and also a willing later runner into the box as we seen towards the end of last season.

Don't think miller is the answer at right back. He's been surprisingly poor this season considering he was mr consistent last season.  As I said previously I'm not sure whether it's just taking him longer than some to get going again after the long lay off.  Got to be Kelly at left back and Dixon moving inside one on Tuesday night though.

Don't think miller is the answer at right back. He's been surprisingly poor this season considering he was mr consistent last season.  As I said previously I'm not sure whether it's just taking him longer than some to get going again after the long lay off.  Got to be Kelly at left back and Dixon moving inside one on Tuesday night though.
It took him a while to get going first time round too although, that was more time forcing his way in to the side.