The Falkirk FC Thread

5 hours ago, ShaggerG said:

I'm not going to go and count but I'm assuming that you're including Spittal in that? He wouldn't have been signed if Glass hadn't been injured so you can knock that one off the total maybe?

We've loaned two so we have obviously used the market. The decision though, it seems, has been made to sign our own rather than have too many loans so I don't see anything wrong with that. For example, using the names above, would you rather we had signed McPake and Anderson on loan than Morrison and Keena on permanent deals? We've had far too many rebuilding jobs over the past few seasons so, personally, I would want to avoid losing good loan players (e.g. McManus) if that meant we were having to renew the squad again to any great extent.

No but I'd rather see us sign Anderson and Mcpake on loan than say keep Telfer on for the season for example. Our best player the last two seasons has been a loanee in Mcmanus & Rudden. My examples were merely to show that decent players were available to be loaned, Glass and Spittal are even more proof of that. I have no problem with us making permanent signings but it would be lovely to see us utilise the loan market effectively to improve the squad even more. PJ Morrison is a good loan but signing a 17 year old left back from Killie then a week later signing a permanent left back whilst also having 2 other players capable of playing left back in Sneddon and Dixon doesn't make sense.

1 hour ago, FFC 1876 said:

No but I'd rather see us sign Anderson and Mcpake on loan than say keep Telfer on for the season for example. Our best player the last two seasons has been a loanee in Mcmanus & Rudden. My examples were merely to show that decent players were available to be loaned, Glass and Spittal are even more proof of that. I have no problem with us making permanent signings but it would be lovely to see us utilise the loan market effectively to improve the squad even more. PJ Morrison is a good loan but signing a 17 year old left back from Killie then a week later signing a permanent left back whilst also having 2 other players capable of playing left back in Sneddon and Dixon doesn't make sense.

Sorry mate, wasn't asking you about the choice between loans or signings, I was replying to Shadwell. 

The Telfer thing is a bit strange, I would have punted him too, so I would presume that it's something to do with the deal he was on?

The Killie lad was a strange one too I thought. Maybe the Kelly deal didn't look too likely at the time and they panicked a bit, who knows? Hopefully it's resulted in us having a good left back and a young lad who may offer some energy and pace down the left though? Here's hoping.

I can't see Telfer playing much at all. Too many midfielders ahead of him, that may change of course if we continue to struggle in terms of performance and M&M are still trying to suss out their best team, but if they roll the dice hoping Charlie Telfer is going to be the saviour then they'd be aswell getting their coats.

2 hours ago, ShaggerG said:

Doesn't mean we should be loaning players in instead of signing them now though.

Incidentally, Gullan scored 9 in the league last season while Mclean scored 2. McManus scored 19 and McMillan scored 4, so I can't see how you think Raith got better value for their loans?

Gullan was only there for half a season FFS. Scored 9 in 14 starts which is top drawer.And maclean only played  5 and scored 2 as the season ended quickly. He did more in those 5 games than Macmillan did all season for us.

6 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Gullan was only there for half a season FFS. Scored 9 in 14 starts which is top drawer.And maclean only played  5 and scored 2 as the season ended quickly. He did more in those 5 games than Macmillan did all season for us.

He was on the bench for Dundalk last night v Arsenal. 😂

3 hours ago, ShaggerG said:

Doesn't mean we should be loaning players in instead of signing them now though.

Incidentally, Gullan scored 9 in the league last season while Mclean scored 2. McManus scored 19 and McMillan scored 4, so I can't see how you think Raith got better value for their loans?

McLean scored the goal that won us the league  and Gullan was terrific before going on to play in the Hibs first team second half of last season.

Shite loans though eh 😂 😂 

11 minutes ago, RR #1 said:

McLean scored the goal that won us the league  and Gullan was terrific before going on to play in the Hibs first team second half of last season.

Sorry did you just say "won"you the league? f**k sake sir 😂😂😂 that's quality. 

59 minutes ago, RR #1 said:

Won the league, eh try were handed the league by a shower of fucking jokers who make Scottish football a laughing stock.

1 hour ago, RR #1 said:

I didn't say they were shite loans though, did I? Reading, or lack of it, not your strong point then?