The Falkirk FC Thread

Just now, FFC 1876 said:

On the face of it, it seems a good signing but what was the point in signing Deveney from Kilmarnock if this one was already in the pipeline. 

Kelly is a centre back I believed?

9 minutes ago, sick boy said:

Kelly is a centre back I believed?

He has played there but i'm sure he's been mainly used as a left back in his career you'd have to ask County or St Mirren fans on that one though. Hence why Miller has highlighted his wand of a left foot.

Edited by FFC 1876

Confirmed by glenburn bud, I think we'll see DIxon move in one and Kelly at left back. Which means we have Snedden and Deveney spare unless either of them can play left mid which to be honest with Connolly out injured I'd rather see than shoehorning Alston, Todd or Leitch out there. 

91A17CE5-7F72-4FC0-9AF0-32C6A83F7E96.thumb.png.71c702c02976c8f46ad744d68d70120b.png

Edited by FFC 1876

17 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

On the face of it, it seems a good signing but what was the point in signing Deveney from Kilmarnock if this one was already in the pipeline. 

Only other thing to add is Deveney came in at left mid on Saturday.

I wonder if we will see Dixon move in one place or perhaps 3-5-2 and give Morrison a free role in the middle

5 minutes ago, Bantabairn said:

Assuming our young LB will be going out on loan, the young Killie guy has probably been signed as a back up to our left midfield, on preference without seeing Kelly, the previous post suggests he’s a very decent LB, therefore Dixon moving to CB would help Hall.

Just needing our midfield tweaked now 

Still missing a Mcgrandles/Vaulks type in the middle of the park to provide the legs in there. Gomis can only do it for 60 mins before he starts to tail off and Alston's looked nowhere near match fit in the games he's played. Can't continue to start games with Miller and Gomis in there.

39 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

He has played there but i'm sure he's been mainly used as a left back in his career you'd have to ask County or St Mirren fans on that one though. Hence why Miller has highlighted his wand of a left foot.

Wand is a bit of a stretch, but he can put a decent cross in.  He's about 6ft 3 but can't win a header for toffee.  If he's playing centre back, you guys are in a bit of bother.  He's an attacking left back/left wing back and a very solid signing for your level.  I'd be very happy with that were I a Falkirk fan.  He will, however, get injured, and he will not win many headers despite his size.  

That's us with a squad of 23 now, with the 10 new signings shown below. We've obviously been unlucky with injuries as Keena and Connolly are big players for us this season. But it's worrying at the lack of decent cover we have out wide. I called this a month or so ago that if Connolly or Morrison got injured we wouldn't have anyone to naturally slot in. So many midfield options, all but 2/3 of them if you count Sneddon are actually at home on the wing. Sneddon is obviously seen as more one for the future so hopefully he'll be put out on loan. This is well and truely M&M's team now so they have to find a way to work it out as last Saturday wasn't good enough even with 11 players on the park.

Goalkeepers

PJ Morrison on loan from Motherwell

Defenders

Blair Sneddon

Scott Mercer

Euan Deveney on loan from Kilmarnock

Sean Kelly

Midfielders

Callumn Morrison

Blair Alston

Strikers

Anton Dowds

Aidan Keena

Akeel Francis

Edited by FFC 1876

56 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

Awrite guys?

Looking for your opinion on Sean Kelly, who we've just signed. Says he's a left sided defender but has he ever played on the right?

41 minutes ago, staggy1929 said:

Should stroll that level, was probably our best full back last season. Decent cross on him, isn't blessed with pace though so can sometimes get caught on the counter. I wouldn't consider him an option at right back as I've never seen him use his right foot. No offence but I'm surprised he never got a club at a higher level.

36 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

God no.

A really good signing for your level.  He's an attacking left back.  Came on to a game for County, but struggled with injury and consistency.  Has a tendency to be a bit flakey, but did a passable job in the top flight.  He's about 6 ft 3 but he's awful in the air.  Do not, under any circumstances, play him at centre back.  I'd be pretty happy if I were a Falkirk fan.  

I can guarantee you he won't be playing on the right, though.