The Falkirk FC Thread

1 hour ago, Ecosse83 said:

First game of the season I'll take a grind it out type of performance all day long as long as we get the 3 points. 

I reckon the players will still be well short of where they need to be match fitness wise,  missing the 90 mins against Kilmarnock would have had a big effect on them. 

3 points for us with Partick getting beat, all in all a bloody gold start to the season!

That and the Edinburgh City friendly getting cancelled too will have had an effect on their match fitness. Having 2 home games to get us up to speed before going to Thistle will do us the world of good.

I think the midfield will take care of itself once Connolly is back and Alston gets match fit. Mutch is a very good keeper for this level and we should be extending his deal in any way we can to maximise any sale.

Up front, Francis, Dowds and Sammon all play like 2nd strikers with Keena the only real focus point of the attack. Really hope he's back soon.

Doesn't need repeated but we all know the defence is the issue and losing another goal from a corner is criminal after the Dunfermline game. not certain if signing a LB and moving Dixon to CB solves the problem but it's something.

Totally agree, and without being too optimistic, it appears that with the new director set up, there’s been a lot of hard work being conducted in the background, and for me setting out a process for the club to finally develop, after the stagnation and improper conduct of many. Let’s hope that the AGM is a positive affair....
Agree, the Rawlins bid to me seem to be be way forward also, lets just hope it all gets voted through.

Is it looking likely it will be voted through? Who exactly is against the investment and how much a pull do they have in terms of votes?

They both talk really well discussing both short and long term plans and have a solid track record within football so on the outside looking in it looks a no brainer. 

Is it looking likely it will be voted through? Who exactly is against the investment and how much a pull do they have in terms of votes?
They both talk really well discussing both short and long term plans and have a solid track record within football so on the outside looking in it looks a no brainer. 
The fact that GD put out a letter last week to all shareholders asking them to vote for all the resolutions make me think that the vote may be close, a split in the MSG means minor shareholders votes might actually mean somthing this time around.

1 minute ago, falkirkzombie said:
9 minutes ago, wee_bairn said:

The fact that GD put out a letter last week to all shareholders asking them to vote for all the resolutions make me think that the vote may be close, a split in the MSG means minor shareholders votes might actually mean somthing this time around.

Surely not even we can vote against this ??

28 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Surely not even we can vote against this ??

I’m hearing rumours the MSG may be split on this so there isn’t a guarantee.   I’m no expert but by my reading of it come the AGM the resolution will need 75% of votes cast to go through. It’s vital all the minor shareholders fill out they’re forms and vote for this investment to be accepted. The numbers are very tight and going by the letter GD sent out to all shareholders encouraging them to vote for it he obviously realises the votes are needed as well. Deadline for votes to be in I’m sure was tomorow at 5pm 

Edited by LatapyBairn.
Mis type

14 minutes ago, LatapyBairn. said:

I’m hearing rumours the MSG may be split on this so there isn’t a guarantee.   I’m no expert but by my reading of it come the AGM the resolution will need 75% of votes cast to go through. It’s vital all the minor shareholders fill out they’re forms and vote for this investment to be accepted. The numbers are very tight and going by the letter GD sent out to all shareholders encouraging them to vote he obviously realises the votes are needed as well. Deadline for votes to be in I’m sure was tomorow at 5pm 

I’m stressed now.

1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:

Agreed. Thats why I'm personally not that arsed in the circumstances if he went a bit OTT with the praise. 

He should never be saying "diag" though. That's unforgivable even for Lee Miller

I agree, when giving interviews he needs to speak prop.

26 minutes ago, LatapyBairn. said:

I’m hearing rumours the MSG may be split on this so there isn’t a guarantee.   I’m no expert but by my reading of it come the AGM the resolution will need 75% of votes cast to go through. It’s vital all the minor shareholders fill out they’re forms and vote for this investment to be accepted. The numbers are very tight and going by the letter GD sent out to all shareholders encouraging them to vote for it he obviously realises the votes are needed as well. Deadline for votes to be in I’m sure was tomorow at 5pm 

The Americans never ! never invest unless there is a return in it for them.

They have to be up front on what they are putting in and contributing to the club with their marketing , contacts , business management. How long they plan to have investment with the club. What is there exit strategy.

I have no problem with them wanting a return on their investment, its delusional to think otherwise.

Just tell the shareholders and if its fair they will get near 100% voting for it.

18 minutes ago, Baggio said:

2 MSG are voting against the resolution as they want to sell their shares. Every vote counts as far as the future of FFC is concerned.

How does the resolution prevent them selling their shares? 

Surely that's a separate transaction which is irrelevant to the new investment. Particularly as the person who was rumoured to be keen on buying MSG shares has nothing to do with the Rawlins. 

59 minutes ago, LatapyBairn. said:

Understand this is the case and it is going to be tight.

How does the resolution prevent them selling their shares? 
Surely that's a separate transaction which is irrelevant to the new investment. Particularly as the person who was rumoured to be keen on buying MSG shares has nothing to do with the Rawlins. 

No idea, would it dilute the value of their shares, therefore they would get less in any sale? Just passing on info tbh.

1 hour ago, LatapyBairn. said:

8 minutes ago, Latapy is god said:

Understand this is the case and it is going to be tight.

DB804C66-3806-418A-8DF9-1F86D40C11CB.png

3 minutes ago, CC52 FFC said:

Ironically, Durnan played the ball though for Francis’ goal and Hall played the ball through for Miller to win the penalty. To me, it looks as though Dowds lost his man at the corner. 

Dowds totally lost his man but Francis was also marking that 'space' and should have competed better to put the scorer off. Between the two of them the ball should never have ended up in the back of our net.