The Falkirk FC Thread

Most of the teams in this league are fucking dung, just like last season, when all combinations of our defence were tried, widely acknowledged to be dung and still had an outstanding defensive record.

Our attacking options from the middle of the park look better than last season and we are starting it with Gary Miller in midfield which should shore things up bit by comparison.

Going out to outscore teams is a risky strategy but we weren't there last season and wer not there this season either, but if we get to that point, we look better equipped to do so*.

Iv said more than my fair share about Durnan, I think hes a colossal arse, and I want him out of the time but failure to go up last season wasn't and failure to go up this time won't, IMHO be the fault of the defence. Last season it was shit the bed performances against Clyde, Airdrie and Raith that did it and this season it will be who shits the bed least between us and Partick

*Although that would take a hefty blow of Keena is out for a lengthy spell but even still.

3 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Most of the teams in this league are fucking dung, just like last season, when all combinations of our defence were tried, widely acknowledged to be dung and still had an outstanding defensive record.

Our attacking options from the middle of the park look better than last season and we are starting it with Gary Miller in midfield which should shore things up bit by comparison.

Going out to outscore teams is a risky strategy but we weren't there last season and wer not there this season either, but if we get to that point, we look better equipped to do so*.

Iv said more than my fair share about Durnan, I think hes a colossal arse, and I want him out of the time but failure to go up last season wasn't and failure to go up this time won't, IMHO be the fault of the defence. Last season it was shit the bed performances against Clyde, Airdrie and Raith that did it and this season it will be who shits the bed least between us and Partick

*Although that would take a hefty blow of Keena is out for a lengthy spell but even still.

It was our defensive record when we came up against anyone who wasn’t dung that was the problem. Our defending against Clyde and Goodwillie in particular was laughable. A decent centre half in the pack last season would have been the difference between playing Championship football this season and where we are now.

Edited by wee_bairn

32 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

Looking that way ! Wonder if there is a Bryan Martin, Roddie Manley type in the juniors ? There are gems there, take big Pedro Godfrey for example that St Mirren picked up from Linlithgow Rose. Its a source we should not ignore.

Juniors are dreadful standard these days . Nowhere near what they were back in those days. Most of the better sides have moved into the senior pyramid now.

37 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Going by cracks pre match interview he and leitch are available for tomorrow.

13 minutes ago, Bantabairn said:

Kingsley starts for Hearts tonight, good luck on him. However can’t stop feeling a bit aggrieved and fcked off this was all a set up.

Very coincidental that Hearts punted a recognised defender just before Kingsley signed, why didn’t Hearts take Kingsley on board weeks ago, for me it’s been a sham and was never going to sign. As said good luck to the guy.

Yeah agree. We should've moved on to someone else far quicker. Paycut derby isn't a bad game so far.

There were people on here a month ago saying they wouldn't want us to sign Kingsley 😂

Best player on the park tonight in a very good Hearts team. He is at worst the third best left back in Scotland. I would even argue it's debatable between Kingsley and Greg Taylor.

1 hour ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Juniors are dreadful standard these days . Nowhere near what they were back in those days. Most of the better sides have moved into the senior pyramid now.

Many a good day at Camelon, Bo'ness & Linlithgow Rose when I could not afford the away games.

One of the best days out was at a Camelon game. Pre game pints at the Union Inn then on to  Camelon v Kilsyth Rangers something like 5-3.  8 bookings 3 sending's off Crunchy running riot and the two kit men having a punch up on the pitch after the game. Post match refreshments in the war office to discuss the goings on and an enjoyable day out for all.

Great memories !

5 minutes ago, NewBornBairn said:

Stirling Albion if I mind right?

Yeah sure it was although Presley seemed to think it was Dundee.

1 minute ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

Many a good day at Camelon, Bo'ness & Linlithgow Rose when I could not afford the away games.

One of the best days out was at a Camelon game. Pre game pints at the Union Inn then on to  Camelon v Kilsyth Rangers something like 5-3.  8 bookings 3 sending's off Crunchy running riot and the two kit men having a punch up on the pitch after the game. Post match refreshments in the war office to discuss the goings on and an enjoyable day out for all.

Great memories !

I used to enjoy watching Camelon in the juniors too on the odd occasion. Shame the juniors have lost so many clubs like Camelon etc.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

Just now, Dennistoun Bairn said:

Heard it all now... "Andrew Irving, the Portobello Pirlo".  

Cracking player who was asked to do far too much at a young age in a toxic environment. Could see flashes of quality when he was with us but he was not ready to be the main man in a crap team at that stage.

10 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

Cracking player who was asked to do far too much at a young age in a toxic environment. Could see flashes of quality when he was with us but he was not ready to be the main man in a crap team at that stage.

This exactly, don't understand why some of our fans never seen the player in him. Got made one of Hartley's scapegoats and was wrongly put back to Hearts.

Edited by FFC 1876