The Falkirk FC Thread

2 minutes ago, Bantabairn said:

If you ask me there’s something not siting right with Gow. Should find out soon what his intentions are, normally I take any stories with a pinch of salt, unfortunately it’s like stepping on dog S..... it’s beginning to stink....

Not sure. He seems to have more intentions than just being in the role he's been given. Seems strange though that the bod have given him a post if he's leading a consortium they don't want.

1 minute ago, AGPar said:

Gow was appointed the Head of Football Operations. After the initial announcement of his appointment has anything at all been heard from him since?Why exactly is he, as an employee, looking to buy a shareholding in the club? And, if that article is correct, his desire to buy a shareholding is in direct conflict with the wishes of, effectively, his employers. Another boardroom/ownership shambles is literally the last thing on earth we need at the moment, but that's exactly what we are going to get.

Exactly. He is due to speak at the AGM so I'm sure questions will be raised but the whole thing seems very strange. Going by that article the bod have got the Rawlins in as investors to combat the investors gows bringing in. 

1000 fans donating 20 quid a month since 2013.   Over 1 million pounds raised, just take that in. That's about the same amount Falkirk has pished against the wall re-building utterly shite squads over the last few years. 

Let me be the first to congratulate you on the enormity of the success it has brought you.

2 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Watching cove Hibs. You can see why coves home record is so much better than their away. Ground is incredibly open and the astro they have looks horrendous.  Going to be a tricky place to visit so I'm glad we're only going there once.

Yes

Theyre going to be very difficult to beat up there.

They look fit and aggressive.

17 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
1 hour ago, Chubbychops said:
1000 fans donating 20 quid a month since 2013.   Over 1 million pounds raised, just take that in. That's about the same amount Falkirk has pished against the wall re-building utterly shite squads over the last few years. 

Let me be the first to congratulate you on the enormity of the success it has brought you.

Huge success when compared to a car crash club like Falkirk

7 minutes ago, Bantabairn said:

If you ask me there’s something not siting right with Gow. Should find out soon what his intentions are, normally I take any stories with a pinch of salt, unfortunately it’s like stepping on dog S..... it’s beginning to stink....

Would you care to elaborate on this Banta? 

I've noticed that on the whole your posts are very, very supportive of the new board. That's fair enough. Gary Deans seems to have done a good job of repairing some of the PR damage done previously and things look more positive at board level than they've done for a while. New blood coming in, old guard moving on, better communications etc, etc. . 

If that article were correct then Gow would presumably be in disagreement with the board over the  best way forward. Maybe even at loggerheads, or worse. Who knows? I certainly don't. 

I have no idea who the good or the bad guys are here. You appear be in no doubt. 

What are these stories you're heard and what exactly is beginning to stink? 

13 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
29 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:
Always felt the boy Lang might've been a decent signing for us. Now permanently at Clyde having been on loan the last couple of seasons.

He signed for Dunfermline last season then went back to Clyde on loan did he not?

He's now back at Clyde permanently. Always looked decent against us.

We continue to do it because we are a fan owned club. Nobody has a gun to their head to contribute. Much the same as Falkirk fan may want to buy 50/50 tickets to help their club. We've maybe not been successful yet, but it's been a long road back from administration with no benefactor putting money in. 

Whit, not even the bank’s £12,000,000 or so with the 0p in the pound deal? If that wasn’t “beneficial”, then Christ knows what is.