The Falkirk FC Thread

6 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

Second half they were miles ahead IMO. I sent a text to a mate late on in the game to ask him had we actually been in their box 2nd half. I thought we were appalling 2nd half and defensively appalling all night. All four at the back will need emptied if we somehow get up this season.

Overall I was far from impressed, didn’t think they were that great either but yet again had young legs all over the pitch.

The reason that they won the second half ( and the game) was primarily due to M&M failing to respond to the move by Crawford to dominate the midfield.

47 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

I see the pars raised a massive 300 odd quid from their 50/ 50 draw last night. 😂😂

In turn though we'll raise £20,000 from the fans this month, which isn't shabby. 

Still, if laughing at a 50/50 fans draw total helps you through the day then crack on, some fantastic grasping at straws going on in this thread. 

6 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

In turn though we'll raise £20,000 from the fans this month, which isn't shabby. 

Still, if laughing at a 50/50 fans draw total helps you through the day then crack on, some fantastic grasping at straws going on in this thread. 

No we were well beaten last night.  Surely when the Germans are in charge there will be no need to keep asking the fans to keep the club afloat every month?

9 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

8BFC8628-9ED3-4AC9-9B57-D63C9DC2E510.jpeg

57 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

I see the pars raised a massive 300 odd quid from their 50/ 50 draw last night. 😂😂

1000 fans donating 20 quid a month since 2013.   Over 1 million pounds raised, just take that in. That's about the same amount Falkirk has pished against the wall re-building utterly shite squads over the last few years. 

19 minutes ago, Chubbychops said:

1000 fans donating 20 quid a month since 2013.   Over 1 million pounds raised, just take that in. That's about the same amount Falkirk has pished against the wall re-building utterly shite squads over the last few years. 

Only because you had to or the club would've went to the wall. We're managing to do fine financially without having to ask our fans to stump up 20 quid a month on top of their season tickets which asks the question why you guys still need to keep on doing it when people have their backs to the wall financially. Especially when all it's getting you is what 6th in the championship behind Arbroath 

Edited by Shadwell Dog

49 minutes ago, Reggie Perrin said:

The reason that they won the second half ( and the game) was primarily due to M&M failing to respond to the move by Crawford to dominate the midfield.

Hopefully learn lessons in the Diddy Cup to apply in the league 

Only because you had to or the club would've went to the wall. We're managing to do fine financially without having to ask our fans to stump up 20 quid a month on top of their season tickets which asks the question why you guys still need to keep on doing it when people have their backs to the wall financially. Especially when all it's getting you is what 6th in the championship behind Arbroath 
Good for you.

6 minutes ago, Proudtobeabairn said:

Don't understand the pant wetting over Connolly - a guy who for the most part last season was completely ineffective.

I quite like him but would agree with you. Should be a borderline starter/first sub brought on type of player rather than a key man.

15 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

We continue to do it because we are a fan owned club. Nobody has a gun to their head to contribute. Much the same as Falkirk fan may want to buy 50/50 tickets to help their club. We've maybe not been successful yet, but it's been a long road back from administration with no benefactor putting money in. 

13 minutes ago, Chubbychops said:

We continue to do it because we are a fan owned club. Nobody has a gun to their head to contribute. Much the same as Falkirk fan may want to buy 50/50 tickets to help their club. We've maybe not been successful yet, but it's been a long road back from administration with no benefactor putting money in. 

We've had no benefactor either but seem to be able to exist without 20k from our fans every month. I'd like to think with that sort of extra cash every month we'd do a bit more than middle of the championship or you'd probably find a lot of angry fans wondering where that extra cash is actually going. You can't still be paying off debts as you stuck two fingers up to all of them when you went into admin.

And if you are saying that the club would go down the swanny if the fans didn't stump up this 20 k a month then surely that's as much as a gun to your head.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

On 09/10/2020 at 08:47, Bantabairn said:

On a slightly different topic, listened to the directors discuss the forthcoming AGM and general discussion on the vision for the club. Really pleased that we have people onboard with that will bring change and honesty.

.Could do with some clarification on Alan Gow at the moment. Still seem to be articles in the press linking him with investment in the club and that this is being blocked my the msg. Seems a bit murky and needs cleared up quickly.

Spooky that you just put that article up as I was writing this. Daily mail so won't take it as gospel but it does seem to be an ongoing story.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

5 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

.Could do with some clarification on Alan Gow at the moment. Still seem to be articles in the press linking him with investment in the club and that this is being blocked my the msg. Seems a bit murky and needs cleared up quickly.

Spooky that you just put that article up as I was writing this. Daily mail so won't take it as gospel but it does seem to be an ongoing story.

Gow was appointed the Head of Football Operations. After the initial announcement of his appointment has anything at all been heard from him since?Why exactly is he, as an employee, looking to buy a shareholding in the club? And, if that article is correct, his desire to buy a shareholding is in direct conflict with the wishes of, effectively, his employers. Another boardroom/ownership shambles is literally the last thing on earth we need at the moment, but that's exactly what we are going to get.