The Falkirk FC Thread

Aren't most good players that go to you? Honestly your youth policy was top notch and in the last few seasons you've brought in players who should have done well for you but never.

I'm no a Hibs fan.

Boy might do alright for you but he's got no pace, no discernible abilities beyond being tall and can't pass or tackle. He was the same at Inverness, a big carthorse. Plenty players do seem to play better away from Hibs tbf

I'm no a Hibs fan.

Boy might do alright for you but he's got no pace, no discernible abilities beyond being tall and can't pass or tackle. He was the same at Inverness, a big carthorse. Plenty players do seem to play better away from Hibs tbf

My opinion on him will obviously start when he kicks a ball for us but hibs fan at work says he was never given a chance at hibs and Inverness were disappointed to lose him. As I have said,we badly need a centre mid and hopefully he can produce the Inverness form. Im sure I read on a Hibs post somewhere a list of players who were either highly rated,on fire previous clubs then go to Hibs and be utter pish....twas quite a funny read, also seems to see Eoin doyle score every 2nd week Edited by MrDust

I'm no a Hibs fan.

Brilliant... So, in summary, he's - very tall. Injury prone. Not a passer, nor a blocker. Not a goal scorer... Hmmm.

Not sold on the notion that that particular skill set will "do alright" for us.

FAO Falkirk fans,I'm doing a fundraiser on Saturday for Cancer research and I have a new signed Falkirk top.It will be sold to the highest bidder if any you guys are interested.Drop me a PM,thanks in advance,it's all for a good cause.

Willing to give the guy a chance but it's another signing that doesn't really excite. I suspect he'll do an OK job.

Strongest XI now this?

MacDonald

Shaughnessy McCracken Vaulks Dick

Taiwo OTJ

Smith Alston Sibbald

Loy

That should be good enough for the top four anyway. Back up from Duffie, Maybury, Grant, Olu, Leahy, Cooper, Biabi and Shepherd.

A 25 point penalty for Sevco before the end of the season could leave us with play offs of Hibs/Falkirk/QoS. We have a chance this season and we shouldn't be accepting fifth place IMO.

I liked OTJs at Calley. Good on the ball and good in the air. Never really got a shot at Hibs. Could be a decent acquisition for Falkirk as they continue to collect Edinburgh's rejects.

Can we make a team of ex-Jambos yet?

Got a defence off the top of my head; MacDonald, Brian Whittaker, Sandy Burrell, Darren Barr, Neil Berry; and Scott Crabbe & Donald Ford up front... who else?

MoJo has to be up front!

PS why is Darren Barr in there; he went the other way.

You're right on both counts, of course...put it down to brain freeze I guess. Or extreme old age, given I thought of Donald Ford instead of MoJo; funnily enough I don't remember that Ford played any more than half a season for us, so admittedly it was an odd one to pluck out the air. Think that was the year Geordie Miller's signing policy made the team's average age about 40.

You're right on both counts, of course...put it down to brain freeze I guess. Or extreme old age, given I thought of Donald Ford instead of MoJo; funnily enough I don't remember that Ford played any more than half a season for us, so admittedly it was an odd one to pluck out the air. Think that was the year Geordie Miller's signing policy made the team's average age about 40.

Donald ford was done when he came to us just like many dons fans don't rate jim Shirra cause he was shot when he went to them ...Shirra is still my favourite falkirk player ever I've never seen a guy control,midfield like jim Shirra but then that was a long time ago