The Falkirk FC Thread

2 hours ago, ShaggerG said:

Can you get an emergency goalie loan when you have a fit one? I don't know.

Yes as you need one for the bench. We will only ever have two keepers this season so if one goes down we'll still have a fit one but will need to bring a backup in on an emergency loan. I would presume since the loan window hasn't closed yet you will also be able to sign keepers on short term loans till the end of October.

42 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

You are going to charge family members to come round and watch the game on your tv??…

That's one of the main downsides of these new restrictions. It's encouraging folk to have people round to their houses where social distancing etc will not be enforced unlike pubs/restaurants. If anyone thinks that folk watching the old firm game next weekend will simply sit in the house themselves and watch it then they are incredibly naieve.  I'm not suggesting or condoning it but that is just the reality of shutting pubs and restaurants unfortunately.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

That's one of the main downsides of these new restrictions. It's encouraging folk to have people round to their houses where social distancing etc will not be enforced unlike pubs/restaurants. If anyone thinks that folk watching the old firm game next weekend will simply sit in the house themselves and watch it then they are incredibly naieve.  I'm not suggesting or condoning it but that is just the reality of shutting pubs and restaurants unfortunately.

I happily condone cancelling the Old Firm game.....

6 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

I happily condone cancelling the Old Firm game.....

I'm sure the govt would too but I doubt they have the balls to at the moment. Would be the sensible move to make considering the restrictions in place over the next two weeks.

John Hughes urges SPFL to consider 14-team solution | The Scotsman

16 - 246 Appearances

1990-1995, and 2002 to 2006.

Dreadful striker, poor midfielder, colossal central defender. 14 goals, plus leadership, bravery and inspiration to the team. Played in the SPL once aged 41. Managed us from 02 to 09, but that's a debate for elsewhere.

Yogi "John" Hughes.

51 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

52 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Exactly!!

PictureThis Scotland on Twitter: "Jim Shirra of Dundee FC. (Apps 111, Goals  16). Pictured in action against Falkirk at Dens Park in 1979.… "

What a picture by the way. Features Jim Shirra in Dundee colours, after he left us. Another 2 members of the list are also pictured (John Perry on the right, and a standard 70s/80's tackle from Brian Brown. Is the other Bairn Fowler? The strip is magnificent too.

A swashbuckling midfielder who is in 15th place with 248 appearances between 1968 and 1977, with an excellent 41 goals 

16 minutes ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

PictureThis Scotland on Twitter: "Jim Shirra of Dundee FC. (Apps 111, Goals  16). Pictured in action against Falkirk at Dens Park in 1979.… "

What a picture by the way. Features Jim Shirra in Dundee colours, after he left us. Another 2 members of the list are also pictured (John Perry on the right, and a standard 70s/80's tackle from Brian Brown. Is the other Bairn Fowler? The strip is magnificent too.

A swashbuckling midfielder who is in 15th place with 248 appearances between 1968 and 1977, with an excellent 41 goals 

Superb player.

One of the few successes against Gornik Zagreb.

I think you’re right about Fowler.

The other Dundee player looks familiar?

59 minutes ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

The 3rd player looks like Dom Sullivan, who was a coach and had a trial period. I don't think he ever played a competitive match for us though? It's certainly not Brockville either and I didn't think Dens Park had a terrace as shallow as that? Must be though, unless it was a friendly played elsewhere maybe?

9 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

The 3rd player looks like Dom Sullivan, who was a coach and had a trial period. I don't think he ever played a competitive match for us though? It's certainly not Brockville either and I didn't think Dens Park had a terrace as shallow as that? Must be though, unless it was a friendly played elsewhere maybe?

Actually, could it be Stewart Wheatley?

31 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

It is Dens Park and the terracing is at the Tannadice end. Shirra was a powerhouse of a player that bossed the midfield scored a few goals and was a cracking left back when Tiger was sold.

Could be the Scottish Cup game in 1979 after our infamous 29 times postponed tie v Inverness Thistle, played on a Sunday afternoon whe nwe tamely lost 0-1.

No Fowler that day though.

Team: 

1 Bobby McKell
  2 Billy Johnston
  3 Sandy Burrell
  4 John Hay
  5 Brian Brown
  6 Billy Stevenson
  7 Wilson Hoggan
  8 Mike Oliver
  9 Ally McRoberts
  10 Joe McCallan
  11 John Perry
Substitutes 12 Gary Thompson  replaced Sandy Burrell
  14 Paul Leetion  replaced Gary Thompson

14 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

It is Dens Park and the terracing is at the Tannadice end. Shirra was a powerhouse of a player that bossed the midfield scored a few goals and was a cracking left back when Tiger was sold.

Maybe just the angle the photo was taken but I really don't remember the terracing being as small as that. What's your opinion on the unknown player?

18 minutes ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

Could be the Scottish Cup game in 1979 after our infamous 29 times postponed tie v Inverness Thistle, played on a Sunday afternoon whe nwe tamely lost 0-1.

No Fowler that day though.

Team: 

1 Bobby McKell
  2 Billy Johnston
  3 Sandy Burrell
  4 John Hay
  5 Brian Brown
  6 Billy Stevenson
  7 Wilson Hoggan
  8 Mike Oliver
  9 Ally McRoberts
  10 Joe McCallan
  11 John Perry
Substitutes 12 Gary Thompson  replaced Sandy Burrell
  14 Paul Leetion  replaced Gary Thompson

From that team I'd guess that it's either Oliver or McRoberts.

1 hour ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

John Hughes urges SPFL to consider 14-team solution | The Scotsman

16 - 246 Appearances

1990-1995, and 2002 to 2006.

Dreadful striker, poor midfielder, colossal central defender. 14 goals, plus leadership, bravery and inspiration to the team. Played in the SPL once aged 41. Managed us from 02 to 09, but that's a debate for elsewhere.

Yogi "John" Hughes.

Like George Miller and John Prentice great inspiring leaders and captains of the club but sadly and unfairly remembered more for their stint as managers.