The Falkirk FC Thread

13 minutes ago, Bantabairn said:

Looks about 12 

He's 17. It's a 'short term' deal too so I wonder if it's to cover the few games that PJ Morrison won't be available for as, unless he's really good, I wouldn't want to trust a 17 year old as back-up for the season.

2 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

He's 17. It's a 'short term' deal too so I wonder if it's to cover the few games that PJ Morrison won't be available for as, unless he's really good, I wouldn't want to trust a 17 year old as back-up for the season.

I reckon an emergency loan would be used if mutch got a bad one in that case.

10 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

What exactly is it you don’t trust him to do? Successfully navigate from the dressing room to the dugout? Find an appropriate seat in the dugout? Catch a few crosses at half time?

Im also intrigued as to why you feel you can’t trust him based on how he looks in his passport photo 🤯

What exactly is it you don’t trust him to do? Successfully navigate from the dressing room to the dugout? Find an appropriate seat in the dugout? Catch a few crosses at half time?
Im also intrigued as to why you feel you can’t trust him based on how he looks in his passport photo [emoji2962]

The point of a back-up goalie is that they might have to play. Otherwise why have a keeper on the bench at all?

18 minutes ago, JulioBairn said:

Im also intrigued as to why you feel you can’t trust him based on how he looks in his passport photo 🤯

I refer you to Craig Killie's answer, although I would have thought that the content of my post should have been sufficient explanation.

Edited to say also that I made no mention of how he looks.

Edited by ShaggerG

14 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

I refer you to Craig Killie's answer, although I would have thought that the content of my post should have been sufficient explanation.

Edited to say also that I made no mention of how he looks.

Ok so what is your mistrust built on? I know nothing about him so any info you could give would be appreciated 👍🏻

On 05/10/2020 at 12:46, Shadwell Dog said:

Are we missing a trick re the selling of cardboard cutouts for the stadium or do fans simply feel they've spent enough cash this season?

On 05/10/2020 at 12:50, Gaz FFC said:

Well yes that would be ripping the pish.

Also let's leave that to diddy teams for point and laugh material.

On 05/10/2020 at 12:51, Shadwell Dog said:

I'm no sure about that. Virtually every club you see has them. 

https://www.falkirkfc.co.uk/2020/10/07/wall-of-westfield-poll/

🤬

8 hours ago, brokeville said:

Liam Fontaine?

Given the window is shut and it will now be free agent jobbers I wouldn't be surprised. Unless we can get a decent loan in. In other news Declan Glass is out for the season so Partick have signed Blair Spittal as a replacement. 

We have lost 1000 ST holders since we got relegated to this league. That is over 200k in income. I am one of those and had absolutely not contact from the club to ask the reason why or encourage me to buy. They would be better chasing that lost income that gimmicks like this. Much more productive use of commercial time.

1 minute ago, Back Post Misses said:

We have lost 1000 ST holders since we got relegated to this league. That is over 200k in income. I am one of those and had absolutely not contact from the club to ask the reason why or encourage me to buy. They would be better chasing that lost income that gimmicks like this. Much more productive use of commercial time.

I understand why they're doing it I just can't stop picturing St Johnstone a decade ago or so ago

57 minutes ago, JulioBairn said:

Ok so what is your mistrust built on? I know nothing about him so any info you could give would be appreciated 👍🏻

Well, I would have thought it was obvious, but here goes: I don't know anything about him either, other than the fact that he's a young 17 year old laddie who's had no 1st team experience. Now, he may well be the best 17 year old, inexperienced goalie in the country; he may also be the worst, but I'd rather not take the chance of trusting him to keep goal for us over an extended period, just in case.

FWIW, the wording of the statement from the club specified that it's a short-term loan, which makes me think that there may another option to consider soon.

2 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

I am one of those and had absolutely not contact from the club to ask the reason why or encourage me to buy.

Would it make any difference?

I'm fully aware why you stopped and in my opinion the club would be wasting there time.

16 minutes ago, ebobsboy said:

Given the window is shut and it will now be free agent jobbers I wouldn't be surprised. Unless we can get a decent loan in. In other news Declan Glass is out for the season so Partick have signed Blair Spittal as a replacement. 

We can still make loans up until the end of October it seems which is why Partick have managed to bring Spittal in.

I'm hoping it is a case of we've got Connolly until PJ Morrison is back from international duty as we're better off having 22 year old with some sort of experience on the bench than a 17 year old rookie. Also saves us squirming about trying to find an emergency loan if the worst did happen.

Like Fontaine & Spittal more players will become available later this month from premiership clubs when they realise they aren't going to be playing as much as they'd like so we'll see what happens on the defender front.