Kris.

The Falkirk FC Thread

Though we looked quite decent in the highlights, I know we were up against a shower of shite who were promoted under false pretences but you can only beat what is in front of you.
I'll bite...

What false pretences?

17 minutes ago, grumswall said:

I'll bite...

What false pretences?

Promoted when there were still many games to play, including a visit to us. In my book that's false pretences.

Oh and thanks for biting 👍

10 minutes ago, JulioBairn said:

Pass. How many did he play the 90mins?

The aim thing was he was fit to play and either started or came on. He wasn't injured.

17 minutes ago, JulioBairn said:

Pass. How many did he play the 90mins?

He started 16 games last season and finished about 13 of them. He also came off after 87 mins in one of those starts. Of the other sub appearances one he came on in the 41st min and the other the 45th. Fitness doesn't seem to have been a major issue. Form may well have been though.

Promoted when there were still many games to play, including a visit to us. In my book that's false pretences.
Oh and thanks for biting
When were they getting played? Thanks for playing

12 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:

Oh and thanks for biting 👍

Said this all along , [email protected] disgrace , champions ? my ARSE  .  🤑

2 minutes ago, grumswall said:

When were they getting played? Thanks for playingemoji106.png

We should be saying that to you today. Nice of you to make up the numbers.

Like you made up the numbers against East Stirling... Who cares about pre season friendlys? I'm much more interested in how we fare against the teams in our own league when the competitive stuff kicks off.

1 hour ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Thought ours was a bit soft too. Looked like a bit of pace in the side. Been a while since I've seen us moving the ball back to front so quickly.

Looked like the kind of shit that gets called under the rules from last year. It was supposedly changed this year to consider closeness of player struck, but it was definitely off the arm.

1 hour ago, Long Suffering Bairn said:

Some good stuff in the highlights.  Another positive note - the away strip looks good from a distance when you can't the the pattern.  Good day.

Was gonna comment the same, the red looks fine at TV range.

From the highlights, the mids and forwards look well sorted for you, the backs are still a little off, so was it perhaps trialists?

16 minutes ago, grumswall said:
19 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Like you made up the numbers against East Stirling... Who cares about pre season friendlys? I'm much more interested in how we fare against the teams in our own league when the competitive stuff kicks off.

That will be the league you were awarded and never actually WON ? 8 games to play 🤫

33 minutes ago, grumswall said:
36 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

I'd be concerned if we let in 6 to anyone.

12 minutes ago, tazz1903 said:

That will be the league you were awarded and never actually WON ? 8 games to play 🤫

Like a team being awarded the cup for winning a quarter final tie 😁

I know. It was a gentle dig at those who were a bit OTT after the Shire game, of which you weren't one.    

It’s funny, my reading was the standard pish OTT comment (get it? )about ‘knicker wetting’ from the usual mob who don’t appear to believe that anyone has the right to comment when the team underperform in a friendly.

I fail to understand how anyone could disagree that it was a very poor display?

Irrespective, as I said earlier, it’s only an issue if we continually underperformed and we clearly didn’t do that today.

Question is, is the performance today an indicator of how we will play when the season starts or will it be the Shire one?

Personally, I have more confidence than most in M & M who I think are learning the job fast, and I think we will be more than fine given the players they have brought in so far....

Appreciate its limited highlights from a preseason game but we looked to attack with a bit of pace and driving forward which has been lacking from the club for a number of seasons.

Hopefully be an end to a dozen sideways passes to end up exactly where we started!

Appreciate its limited highlights from a preseason game but we looked to being with a bit of pace and driving forward which has been lacking from the club for a number of seasons.
Hopefully be an end to a dozen sideways passes to end up exactly where we started!
You looked a far better team than last season based on the highlights. Wish you well for next season.

3 minutes ago, grumswall said:
13 minutes ago, spud131 said:
Appreciate its limited highlights from a preseason game but we looked to being with a bit of pace and driving forward which has been lacking from the club for a number of seasons.

You looked a far better team than last season based on the highlights. Wish you well for next season.

Sorry that Sammon was in the highlights package though.