The Falkirk FC Thread

The tide is turning.
i predict that within a month ‘herd immunity ‘will be the majority viewpoint.

I think at some point we will have to take a decision to proceed differently. I doubt we will see a vaccine any time soon as we don’t tend to find cures for cold/flu like viruses.
However before we move to that point we need to ensure that hospitals have the capacity to cope, and that we have drugs that will mitigate the seriousness of the issues in the elderly population in particular.
Until then all those uncaring souls will just need to lump it....

7 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

I think at some point we will have to take a decision to proceed differently. I doubt we will see a vaccine any time soon as we don’t tend to find cures for cold/flu like viruses.
However before we move to that point we need to ensure that hospitals have the capacity to cope, and that we have drugs that will mitigate the seriousness of the issues in the elderly population in particular.
Until then all those uncaring souls will just need to lump it....

Back in the ‘old days’ we had separate hospitals for scarlet fever where sufferers were referred and the rest of the population got on with their lives.

Just common sense.

2 hours ago, Shadwell Dog said:

I see that Tyler Fulton scored for Annan last night. He was meant to the best of the 3 when in our academy but injury wrecked his chances. Good to see he's fought back from that and still made it to the pros. Still can't get over Willie Gibson playing on the championship . Queens must be feckin desperate as be was dreadful at stenny when I last saw him.

Dropped all the way down to the amateurs with Eastfield AFC.

Believe him and Dale were there along with their dad.

It’s bad enough having COVID and politics on this thread.

It may have escaped your notice but we are in this division again this season due to a combination of the above and the former also caused our opening competitive fixture to be cancelled yesterday....

37 minutes ago, Bigbrbairn said:

The Borough Hospital was a hospital for infectious disease as was a big hospital at Milnathort. They were there before antibiotics and ventilators though. Things have moved on and people don't need to be isolated to die thankfully. We can save most not like the 1800's

Agree with that.

Just remember, in the UK, 1500 people die every day. Covid deaths are a tiny proportion.

You need to understand the context.

3 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

I presume that's our curry night fecked after the announcement today and noone will be watching the game in a pub. 

I would think so.

At least professional sport is continuing.

Dont see ‘ wee jimmy’  boasting about how brilliant Scotland is now.

I thought Forth Valley was quite good but we seem to be being classed along side Glasgow and Lanarkshire.

Anyway, I’ll need to study the figures before commenting more.

4 hours ago, Shadwell Dog said:

I see that Tyler Fulton scored for Annan last night. He was meant to the best of the 3 when in our academy but injury wrecked his chances. Good to see he's fought back from that and still made it to the pros. Still can't get over Willie Gibson playing on the championship . Queens must be feckin desperate as be was dreadful at stenny when I last saw him.

Gibson is a player who should've had a better career than he had, very good player if the demons in his head stay away.

I'm sure he will be fine as a bit part player if the demons stay away, given that he is also a coach at QoS should help him....maybe, though he probably is one of their better signings this season 😁

The old Covid malarkey has entered all sports, darts being the latest with two players pulling out of the grand Prix. I personally think our season might end up being 18 games this season which in hindsight is fair, it may even effect the top league also as strict testing procedures ain't helping.

I see players being pulled out of the Scotland team due to COVID.
I cannot see it being long before mandatory testing will be needed in the lower professional leagues so I still think there’s a risk of games not taking place and points being forfeited (including ourselves),or even worse, teams not being able to complete the campaign....

6 minutes ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

I would think so.

At least professional sport is continuing.

Dont see ‘ wee jimmy’  boasting about how brilliant Scotland is now.

I thought Forth Valley was quite good but we seem to be being classed along side Glasgow and Lanarkshire.

Anyway, I’ll need to study the figures before commenting more.

I said all along that locking up the country was the easy part of which many praised her for those actions, opening up the country was always gonna be the hard part.

TBF the majority of the countries have had issues reopening their countries. 

8 minutes ago, MrDust said:

Gibson is a player who should've had a better career than he had, very good player if the demons in his head stay away.

I'm sure he will be fine as a bit part player if the demons stay away, given that he is also a coach at QoS should help him....maybe, though he probably is one of their better signings this season 😁

The old Covid malarkey has entered all sports, darts being the latest with two players pulling out of the grand Prix. I personally think our season might end up being 18 games this season which in hindsight is fair, it may even effect the top league also as strict testing procedures ain't helping.

He was at stenny last season and looked completely finished.  Only played 9 games I think and then got horsed.

2 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

I see players being pulled out of the Scotland team due to COVID.
I cannot see it being long before mandatory testing will be needed in the lower professional leagues so I still think there’s a risk of games not taking place and points being forfeited (including ourselves),or even worse, teams not being able to complete the campaign....

Testing helps but it's not stopping the spread of covid but prevention of spreading the virus is key, I personally don't have faith in the testing especially when you hear the test kits in the top league are not accurate.

57 minutes ago, ewan_fife said:

Peter Morrison signing from Motherwell on loan

I'm fine with that, young keeper in to compete with Robbie Mutch. Miller using his connections with Motherwell is nice to see, do they have a big dominant young centre back we can get on loan as well?