The Falkirk FC Thread

Er, none. The game was not postponed because of 1 positive, it was postponed because they could not guarantee the rest of the team were negative and therefore could not raise a team.

The rest of the Celtic team get tested constantly. 

Also, they get a bye from the group stage.

8 minutes ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

Er, none. The game was not postponed because of 1 positive, it was postponed because they could not guarantee the rest of the team were negative and therefore could not raise a team.

The rest of the Celtic team get tested constantly. 

Also, they get a bye from the group stage.

Yeah Forfar won't have been testing their players. One has clearly had symptoms, went and got a test himself then when if turned up positive they would have had no option but to forfeit as there wouldn't have been enough time for them to test their squad.

15 minutes ago, Bantabairn said:

If there’s a stark reminder of this horrible virus, Celtic’s Odsonne Edouard has tested positive for Covid 19 while on duty for France.

With last nights Forfar game being postponed due to one Forfar player testing positive, what are the implications for Celtic ?

It's stipulated within the League Cup's rules that if any team cannot prove 13 players to be negative then the match will be forfeited. As Forfar were playing Dundee and not a Premiership club it wasn't essential for them to test their squad and one player with symptoms done it off his own back.

League games will be re-scheduled rather than forfeited.

33 minutes ago, Bantabairn said:

If there’s a stark reminder of this horrible virus, Celtic’s Odsonne Edouard has tested positive for Covid 19 while on duty for France.

With last nights Forfar game being postponed due to one Forfar player testing positive, what are the implications for Celtic ?

Why does a Celtic player contracting it provide a stark reminder?

11 minutes ago, Chinatoon Bairn said:

It's stipulated within the League Cup's rules that if any team cannot prove 13 players to be negative then the match will be forfeited. As Forfar were playing Dundee and not a Premiership club it wasn't essential for them to test their squad and one player with symptoms done it off his own back.

League games will be re-scheduled rather than forfeited.

He'd have been better in forfars eyes keeping his mouth shut till after the game and perhaps faking injury. When West ham offered to test all the hull players the other week they declined which says to me they didn't want to have to isolate players or have the chance of forfeiting games. Just shows how piecemeal the whole thing is.

44 minutes ago, Bantabairn said:

Big team found imo.

1 hour ago, Bantabairn said:

Should give Rangers an advantage this weekend.

Are we supposed to burst out crying?

Your post comes out a bit ‘wet’ if you don’t mind me saying.

I see that Tyler Fulton scored for Annan last night. He was meant to the best of the 3 when in our academy but injury wrecked his chances. Good to see he's fought back from that and still made it to the pros. Still can't get over Willie Gibson playing on the championship . Queens must be feckin desperate as be was dreadful at stenny when I last saw him.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

1 hour ago, Shadwell Dog said:

He'd have been better in forfars eyes keeping his mouth shut till after the game and perhaps faking injury. When West ham offered to test all the hull players the other week they declined which says to me they didn't want to have to isolate players or have the chance of forfeiting games. Just shows how piecemeal the whole thing is.

Starting to sound very 'Dawson Parky' Shadwell.

It’s bad enough having COVID and politics on this thread but implications for Celtic is the final straw for me.

26 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

I'll be the first to say it 'he should do ok at this level' which means he'll be awful.

Yeah he's one of those players you hope are starting for the other team. Used to be the same with Durnan when we were playing against Dundee United and now look where we are.

33 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

Starting to sound very 'Dawson Parky' Shadwell.

No but let's face it you do wonder if forfar knew he was going for the test before the game. As I said after David Moyes and a couple of West ham players tested positive they offered hull players tests but they declined. I mean why would you decline to be tested unless you were scared someone would test positive and force players to miss games or even have to forfeit some. It's this scatter gun approach to testing which doesn't help.