The Falkirk FC Thread

Guest Back Post Misses

As long as there's debt to the directors there's risk of a Livi-style fallout. If you're not in debt, you're not beholden to anyone .

With respect it is naive that. Cash is the key to the stability and health of any business. It gives the ability to allow proper investment too. In football it is really feast and famine in terms of cash because of the games nature. We have toiled for years with our cashflow which has hindered the business. It would be complete folly to pay these off at the very point you have got your business healthy. I actually think it is a good move by the board to clear these down in a timely manner as cash allows. If we were all running our business wondering if we were having a Livingston type scenario there would be few companies actually investing anything.

I will be delighted if the Board don't clear these off immediately. It is the best thing long term for FFC and they should be congratulated if it is the route they take.

Edited by Back Post Misses

With respect it is naive that. Cash is the key to the stability and health of any business. It gives the ability to allow proper investment too. In football it is really feast and famine in terms of cash because of the games nature. We have toiled for years with our cashflow which has hindered the business. It would be complete folly to pay these off at the very point you have got your business healthy. I actually think it is a good move by the board to clear these down in a timely manner as cash allows. If we were all running our business wondering if we were having a Livingston type scenario there would be few companies actually investing anything.

I will be delighted if the Board don't clear these off immediately. It is the best thing long term for FFC and they should be congratulated if it is the route they take.

Compared to the likes of Philip Green who thinks companies become lazy when they don't have the discipline of servicing debt. He's only a billionaire and surely doesn't know what he's on about.

Guest Back Post Misses

Compared to the likes of Philip Green who thinks companies become lazy when they don't have the discipline of servicing debt. He's only a billionaire and surely doesn't know what he's on about.

Falkirk are servicing it. It is paid back in a scheduled way.

Houston said that it would be about 8 weeks before we saw the best out of cooper and in glimpses you can see hes a good player but he doesn't want the ball often enough and drifts in and out the game to much.

He has done ok, so far....he likes a tackle......time will tell.....

As for the 8 weeks, I think it will take our team about 8 weeks to gel into what Houstie wants, we have had the hard bit in the start of games, its now time to pick up points and hopefully the extra game or so in the Petrofac cup can gel us, like it did in the semi good Elvis season.

I do hope we sign another centre mid tho.....

twitter rumours say - Tudor-Jones to Falkirk

Seems the only player who fits Houstie's description, 6ft 2 midfielder and cup tied for the Petrofac cup. Probably better than Olu but there has to be better out there.

He's now been released by Hibs...

But that presumes that football clubs follow the normal rules of business. They don't.

Our fans complain regularly that our board don't know what they're doing. As long as they have soft loans into the club, you're going to need to live with that because their loans effectively give them control. Don't like what I'm doing? Fine - pay me back my loan.

Guest Back Post Misses

But that presumes that football clubs follow the normal rules of business. They don't.

Our fans complain regularly that our board don't know what they're doing. As long as they have soft loans into the club, you're going to need to live with that because their loans effectively give them control. Don't like what I'm doing? Fine - pay me back my loan.

I think there is a lot of truth in that. Developing the Stadium further will be money making for those who invest I would presume. By clearing loans the business would be more attractive to purchase but those who may want to invest in development may not get the opportunity without being involved.

I thought mcgeever played really well, I know he's not much of a football player, his totally no nonsense style of play had lee miller in his pocket all night. Rowan looks better than maybury, Connor Hogg and Ryan Blair looked good. Leahy was good also, I'd say he's better than dick at left back.

I thought mcgeever played really well, I know he's not much of a football player, his totally no nonsense style of play had lee miller in his pocket all night. Rowan looks better than maybury, Connor Hogg and Ryan Blair looked good. Leahy was good also, I'd say he's better than dick at left back.

Is he better than grant at CB? Think the new signing from Aberdeen will start ahead of rowan and maybury to be in sideline as a coach now. Be interesting to see who will play left back, dick or leahy. Personally I'd give leahy a chance but PH has stuck with dick since start of the season.

Edited by Gary_ffc

Guest Back Post Misses

I know Holt fancied him at LB