The Falkirk FC Thread

The Chuckle Brothers are going to be destroyed by McManus and O'Hara on Friday night. Our defence might be even worse than last season as it stands.

Do Miller/McCracken have a back up plan? I suppose we will find out in the next week but we're looking very short at the back just now.

3 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

The Chuckle Brothers are going to be destroyed by McManus and O'Hara on Friday night. Our defence might be even worse than last season as it stands.

Do Miller/McCracken have a back up plan? I suppose we will find out in the next week but we're looking very short at the back just now.

I just saw Cracks leave Sports Direct with a pair of coppa's, could be nothing though.

2 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

They should know what McManus is all about and O'Hara is bang average it's the likes of Thomas I think that will give us more problems.

3 minutes ago, Bantabairn said:

Thank f... the situation with Kingsley has been brought to an end. From what I’m hearing M&M did their best but like many others, deep down thought we’d never get him to sign. Just wondering why he didn’t train with Hearts as it’s no secret that they’ve been interested in him long before we were.

Exactly. Why hang about our squad for pre season and then bolt whenever you get a better offer.

37 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

Let's hope all that Alan Gow talk about having contacts pays off, as this late in the day I don't imagine there are many half decent free agents floating about so the defenders going to have to be a loan. 

Aye, that worries me a bit. I do hope that they've got something up their sleeves and that they haven't shown their inexperience by putting all of their hopes on Kingsley?

It would have been nice to get Kingsley but not crucial. We do need a good experienced centre back though and I don't really rate Dixon in that role. Maybe Hearts will loan us Berra? 😁

38 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

I don't see how our defence will be worse, given Hall was an upgrade on Buchanan, Mercer by all accounts is a solid enough right back and probably better than Doyle.  Yes whilst not brilliant it should be more than good enough against most league opposition we will face Partick apart maybe.  I think there have been one or two targets that for one reason or another hasn't happened, you would like to think M&M surely have other options in mind.  I can't see O'Hara destroying anyone unless he's massively improved during his stint at Alloa. 

1 hour ago, Marshmallo said:

Two mediocre teams who are short of any competitive match fitness.

It could be the Chuckle Brothers vs the Diddy Men.

The only thing destroyed could be the little faith I have in Scottish football.

1 hour ago, Shadwell Dog said:

I see Willie Gibson is playing fullback for queens the night. Feck me I thought he was finished years ago. James Maxwell also playing for them on loan from rangers.

Watch the fun: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U7hTCoxoXrc

But beware, the camera work is horrible. Commentary is nice, but jezzzzzz....their stream setup failed and it's on YouTube now for free.

6 hours ago, Marshmallo said:

From The Krankies the other day to The Chuckle Brothers today......this is why this is the best most essential thread.

Chuckle Brothers are big Rotherham fans , who could forget the emotional tribute by The Millers' fans  after Barry Chuckle's passing.

Dreamt I was at Falkirk Hearts game at a packed Brockville last night.

Was chatting to their left back, Stephen Kingsley. He wasn't interested in getting involved in the game and said he only joined them for the cash.

Seems pretty definitive proof to me.

Actually now I think about it, Hearts were playing Dundee United, as Maurice Malpas kept launching crosses out of play.

Edited by Ranaldo Bairn