The Falkirk FC Thread

1 hour ago, Shadwell Dog said:

I agree. He'd be a top signing but there should have been a deadline on him saying yes and once that past we move on. I'm not convinced by the boys we have at the back as it is never mind the fact that an injury or two back there and we're snookered.

You have to remember that there is a reason Kingsley is even a consideration .ie by all accounts hes badly crocked. We have to trust M&M but lets hope we are not being nostalgic here .We need winners and cant afford mistakes . 

28 minutes ago, Stainrod said:

You have to remember that there is a reason Kingsley is even a consideration .ie by all accounts hes badly crocked. We have to trust M&M but lets hope we are not being nostalgic here .We need winners and cant afford mistakes . 

I can't see how he can be badly crocked when he was playing for Hull when lockdown hit . He's had injuries over the past few years but that doesn't mean he's not fit in an injury sense now.

58 minutes ago, AL-FFC said:

from Killie website

https://kilmarnockfc.co.uk/news/club-statement-betfred-cup-tie-with-falkirk/

Kilmarnock FC can confirm that our Betfred Cup clash with Falkirk will not go ahead as scheduled. 

The club’s entire first-team squad was advised to self-isolate by a Problem Assessment Group led by NHS Ayrshire and Arran following six positive COVID-19 tests recorded last week.

We approached the SPFL Board suggesting a series of alternative dates to play the match but this request was rejected.

The SPFL Board have confirmed that the punishment for not fulfilling this fixture is the award of a 3-0 win to Falkirk FC

The only way to fulfil the fixture on the original date (October 6) would be to field a team consisting of players from our U18s squad.

Manager Alex Dyer said: “We have a duty of care for the physical and emotional wellbeing of our young players and that’s something we take extremely seriously.

“Everyone at Kilmarnock FC takes great pride in the work carried out by the Academy staff and the boys performed exceptionally well to reach the Youth Cup final prior to the COVID shutdown.

Blooding youngsters into the first team environment carefully and at the right time is something that I believe in but as manager, I did not feel comfortable fielding an entire team of teenagers, all of whom have no first-team experience while very few have sampled Reserve football.

“While forfeiting the match is not an easy decision to make in my opinion, it would not be right to play the game as scheduled against such experienced opposition as it could be detrimental not only to the young players themselves but also to the sporting integrity of the competition.”

No decision has yet been taken over our next scheduled match against Dunfermline on Tuesday, October 13 and we will update supporters as soon as possible.

What a load of complete tosh. It's not as if it's the under 12s we're talking about here.I'm sure any team of young boys would bust a gut to play in the League cup against first team opposition. Bit of a snowflake attitude to deny them that chance.  It's a free hit for these boys too as noone is going to give them pelters if they lose.  Great experience for them too.

We haven't brought an English player up on loan - which means paying accommodation - since we got relegated to League One. I'd be surprised if that changed now. Particularly given how tight money will be with possibly no fans or hospitality all season. 
One of the former FVFA recruitment scouts observed on another fan page that West Ham have a good U23 goalie. That's all it usually takes for someone to start up with the "I have a source" stuff. . 
We shall see. 

So why have we paid The Property Place nearly 20k, which is listed in the accounts?