The Falkirk FC Thread

Normally a third choice keeper from a premiership/top end championship team would be happy to send someone out for % of wages paid but with what happened to St Mirren you can imagine they would prefer to hold on for now.

I can all but confirm no signings will be made today. The defender we were holding out for is exploring other options, and we are really struggling for a goalkeeper. A few teams have been put off loaning us a keeper due to Ferrie getting no game time last season.

Although I’ve heard we are looking Willie Muir from Queens Park, who only have 17 players and 3 of them goalkeepers, including Cammy Bell. Whether a certain C Sammon would go the other way... we can only hope.

44 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

Would be better to bring in a relatively cheap youngster with potential who can compete for the goalkeeping position so when Mutch does get sold or injured we've got a ready made back up, as ultimately that's what we did to get Mutch when Aberdeen released him.

I don't like us putting all our eggs in the Kingsley basket as we need somebody to start in our defence so we can't really be waiting on hold for however long. Which is why I can't understand why we weren't taking a look at more defenders in the friendlies we played. 

Not easy to get hold of a young promising keeper mind you when you've got very little avenue to give him games at the moment.  With no reserve games it's difficult to see how they would progress at Falkirk for the moment.

2 hours ago, falkirkzombie said:

They are offering 3x my stake to cash out just now which makes me think they have to pay out

The SPFL have (correctly given the rules) rejected our request to postpone the game, so you'll either be playing against our youth team or will be awarded the win. If it's the former your bet will presumably be valid, if it's the latter then they'll void it.

3 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

The SPFL have (correctly given the rules) rejected our request to postpone the game, so you'll either be playing against our youth team or will be awarded the win. If it's the former your bet will presumably be valid, if it's the latter then they'll void it.

How do you know this? Nothing on their webpage or Twitter.

3 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

Did the youth team get tested at the same time as the senior side?

Just now, Ranaldo Bairn said:

How do you know this? Nothing on their webpage or Twitter.

Raman Bhardwaj at STV has tweeted it out - he was on the ball with everything on Friday.

Just now, Shadwell Dog said:

Did the youth team get tested at the same time as the senior side?

The youth team train separately from the first team, and I don't think they were originally part of the testing regime. I think the way it would have worked would have been that if one of them was going to be called into the first team they would start testing in advance of that.

They played a friendly against Bonnyton on Saturday which suggests that they are not isolating, but I have no idea whether they have been tested since Friday in order to be eligible to play tomorrow.

30 minutes ago, sick boy said:

Nathan Trott is the name I have been told

You're normally spot on but if this article is anything to go by then he'll have much better options than us i'm afraid. Unless Alan Gow has West Ham links that is. https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-8731039/amp/West-Ham-considering-number-loan-offers-promising-goalkeeper-Nathan-Trott.html

If the game does go ahead tomorrow and we play Kilmarnock's youth team who haven't been tested then that's even more farcical than the fact we've had to wait till today for a decision. If all premiership clubs have to regularly test and all teams playing against premiership teams have to do a test before the game. How can we possibly say it's ok for us to play against an untested Kilmarnock youth team especially when the first team are under investigation as to whether they followed the correct protocols or not. 

Just now, FFC 1876 said:

If the game does go ahead tomorrow and we play Kilmarnock's youth team who haven't been tested then that's even more farcical than the fact we've had to wait till today for a decision. If all premiership clubs have to regularly test and all teams playing against premiership teams have to do a test before the game. How can we possibly say it's ok for us to play against an untested Kilmarnock youth team especially when the first team are under investigation as to whether they followed the correct protocols or not. 

If our youth team do play then they will have been tested.

4 minutes ago, Reggie Perrin said:

Don’t see any possibility of West Ham sending a keeper up to us to sit on the bench every week.

We haven't brought an English player up on loan - which means paying accommodation - since we got relegated to League One. I'd be surprised if that changed now. Particularly given how tight money will be with possibly no fans or hospitality all season. 

One of the former FVFA recruitment scouts observed on another fan page that West Ham have a good U23 goalie. That's all it usually takes for someone to start up with the "I have a source" stuff. . 

We shall see. 

2 minutes ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

We haven't brought an English player up on loan - which means paying accommodation - since we got relegated to League One. I'd be surprised if that changed now. Particularly given how tight money will be with possibly no fans or hospitality all season. 

One of the former FVFA recruitment scouts observed on another fan page that West Ham have a good U23 goalie. That's all it usually takes for someone to start up with the "I have a source" stuff. . 

We shall see. 

You not handing out any biscuits today? I know it's against your morals but it is deadline day.