The Falkirk FC Thread

14 minutes ago, Rugster said:

Are they not into the swinging big style? And you met them at a party? Nudge nudge, wink wink.

Not sure - but the wife has been back several times without me , and she's always late in which she says is due to some mix up with her car keys.    

43 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

Totally agree.
I think this confirms what Shadwell knows about politics. f**k all...

His record in education is horrific. And as I said he nearly broke the SNP when he was leader. One of the worst after dinner speakers I've ever heard as well.   I was in the same politics class at Strathclyde university  as Andrew Wilson  nationalist economist. Really nice guy and far better bet than Swinney if you ask me  even as a Motherwell director.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

Mind the transfer deadline is only for cross border loans or transfers from other clubs. Neither of which we would be doing anyway. Still got plenty of time for domestic loans and free agents can virtually sign any time.

So please no knicker wetting if we don’t sign anybody today. We’re not going to go into the season with just 1 ‘keeper before the season starts proper at least we’ll sign some jobber to sit on the bench.

4 minutes ago, Trump said:

I can all but confirm no signings will be made today. The defender we were holding out for is exploring other options, and we are really struggling for a goalkeeper. A few teams have been put off loaning us a keeper due to Ferrie getting no game time last season.

This is grim, theoretically we've got a game tomorrow. Not having a keeper by now is mad.

13 minutes ago, ilostmyself said:

This is grim, theoretically we've got a game tomorrow. Not having a keeper by now is mad.

We surely could give some plodder a cheap contract to sit on the bench. Then if mutch gets injured emergency loan in a keeper of a better standatd till mutch is fit.

19 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

We surely could give some plodder a cheap contract to sit on the bench. Then if mutch gets injured emergency loan in a keeper of a better standatd till mutch is fit.

Would be better to bring in a relatively cheap youngster with potential who can compete for the goalkeeping position so when Mutch does get sold or injured we've got a ready made back up, as ultimately that's what we did to get Mutch when Aberdeen released him.

I don't like us putting all our eggs in the Kingsley basket as we need somebody to start in our defence so we can't really be waiting on hold for however long. Which is why I can't understand why we weren't taking a look at more defenders in the friendlies we played. 

Edited by FFC 1876