The Falkirk FC Thread

53 minutes ago, wee_bairn said:

Does the loan window shut today as well? 

Indeed.

Hopefully see a loan in today seeing as we have 6 spots for loans.

Having Sam Ramsbottom in on trial doesn’t fill me with much confidence in the free agent market which of course can be dipped into passed today.

12 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Think you can get loans in until the end of October.

Probably the case between spfl clubs but in the case of cross border ( doesn’t happen often at this level of course) loans end today.

1 hour ago, FFC 1876 said:

Going by this yes, so if we're signing a loan keeper it'll have to be today.

B99FDE5A-A035-4413-9F03-656670929A43.png

Is it also not possible to emergency loan in a goalkeeper at any time.  We therefore may end up with an out of contract dummy on the cheap who would be replaced by a decent emergency loan if mutch got injured.

12 hours ago, roman_bairn said:

Whilst not totally discounting this, defence wasn’t the big issue for the team last season - despite comments to the contrary. We only conceded 18 in 28 games.
Finishing off teams around us (and Clyde) was our downfall. We look in a much stronger position this season with a good management team and good middle and forward signings already in place.....

Think the main issue with defence was that when they had a bad day by God they had a bad day. Clyde away for instance and Airdrie at home. Points in either of those fixtures would've seen us promoted.  I guess it never really looked as solid as stats suggested. I agree though last season we relied far too much on one player for goals. Hopefully this season we look like getting goals from a number of different areas.

14 hours ago, Shadwell Dog said:

All the people I've heard  call her that do because she's an ugly wee woman with ginger hair and nowt else. Certainly nowt to do with that pish.

Whilst not wanting to be drawn into this, I'd just say that I thought the "Wee Jimmy" reference was a widely used piece of humour based on observations that NS has a striking resemblance to Jimmy Krankie, I used to hear this from all sorts.

Admittedly I have been away from Scotland for over 8 years but I didn't think the term was now the sole property of the Orange Brigade, and is now somehow a bigoted comment. When did that happen?

4 minutes ago, Hank von Hell said:

Whilst not wanting to be drawn into this, I'd just say that I thought the "Wee Jimmy" reference was a widely used piece of humour based on observations that NS has a striking resemblance to Jimmy Krankie, I used to hear this from all sorts.

Admittedly I have been away from Scotland for over 8 years but I didn't think the term was now the sole property of the Orange Brigade, and is now somehow a bigoted comment. When did that happen?

Exactly. 

16 hours ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Again though the day before the bloomin game and yet they've had since the end of last week. Meanwhile we've got everything organised perhaps for nothing. Hopefully a late call off won't cost us more cash than necessary.

So I'm assuming our players all got tested then and thankfully all negative? We are good to go?

Just now, Hank von Hell said:

So I'm assuming our players all got tested then and thankfully all negative? We are good to go?

You have to presume so as the results would need to be out far earlier than today.  I would think they will have been tested some time last week.

Anyway, we CRASH through the 200 appearances barrier now.

25 - 203 Appearances

Apparently a very popular player, he had 2 spells (64-70 very successful, 76-77 not so). Netting 78 times and only recently deceased I seem to recall, Johnny Graham.

4 minutes ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

Jimmy Krankie patter is not the sole property of SuPorT ArE TroOPz 1690WATP types, but it's really not a good look at all on behalf of the user.

Why? I remember she used to get called "Wee Burnie" as well  (from Rab C Nesbitt) which I thought was quite funny.

If we couldn't mock and laugh at our politicians then shows like Spitting Image and Have I Got News For You would never have been shown. The fact that Spitting Image is coming back with all their grossly exaggerated lookalike puppets indicates there is still a place for this kind of humour.

Why is Nicola now off limits to being mocked? I don't get it.     

She's not off limits, it's just... a bit rubbish. Still miles better than Wee Burnie chat though.

Given she is immensely popular in this country (approval ratings have been sky high since day 1 and stayed there which is unheard of for a government of 13 years incumbency), it's often the only thing unionists have to throw at her.

10 minutes ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

She's not off limits, it's just... a bit rubbish. Still miles better than Wee Burnie chat though.

Given she is immensely popular in this country (approval ratings have been sky high since day 1 and stayed there which is unheard of for a government of 13 years incumbency), it's often the only thing unionists have to throw at her.

I'm no raving unionist but I could write a decent sized list of things to throw at her excluding the wee Jimmy stuff.

2 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

I'm no raving unionist but I could write a decent sized list of things to throw at her excluding the wee Jimmy stuff.

Maybe it's more an example of the dearth in general amongst politicians, but the complete lack of anyone at any party even remotely competent in regards to replacing her is frankly terrifying. And that's taking into account the things she has gotten wrong. By miles the best option out there. 

Whether you view that as a good thing or not, I'll take her as FM before Ross, or whatever diddies are running Labour and the lib Dems this week.