The Falkirk FC Thread

6 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Ferrier patching covid rules isnt in the same galaxy as being an elected member of  parliament for the Conservative party, and enacting the policies they stand for. 

Theres a whole sub forum for this pish so prob best leave it here. 

I would say knowingly endangering the health of the general public on more than one occasion  is pretty much up there at the top of the unacceptable charts to be honest.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

16 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Here we go again I'm not just picking on sturgeon here I'm picking on all of them so why in god's name would I want an orange sash. I remember football in the past when all politicians were slagged off regularly and treated with contempt on the majority of occasions. Now people seem to take the huff if you go as far as mock any of them. 

You got sucked into the 'Wee Jimmy' nametag as a derogatory term cooked up by Scotland in Union at one of their fundraising shindigs in the borders attended by prominent members of the Orange Lodge. Where some of the raffle ticket prizes were Shooting week ends in the highlands-Fishing on the Tweed & a Safari in Africa. Like it or not you are using that groups propaganda and therefore associating yourself with them. You seem to be happy with that - so fair enough.

27 minutes ago, bairn88 said:

Have to agree with Shadwell here. If it was fat Bojo being mocked (which he has on here) absolutely no one would have muttered a word (rightly so). Just because you vehemently support Sturgeon doesn’t mean she’s exempt from jokey quips. 

The association with that word with the blue side of the bigot brothers does exist, however, so I wouldn’t personally use it. To accuse a fan of our club who clearly has no association with them of that is poor though.

Leave politics and religion to the bigot brothers.

1 minute ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

You got sucked into the 'Wee Jimmy' nametag as a derogatory term cooked up by Scotland in Union at one of their fundraising shindigs in the borders attended by prominent members of the Orange Lodge. Where some of the raffle ticket prizes were Shooting week ends in the highlands-Fishing on the Tweed & a Safari in Africa. Like it or not you are using that groups propaganda and therefore associating yourself with them. You seem to be happy with that - so fair enough.

I'm no even going to comment on that complete pish.😂😂

9 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

But why reddie me for that reason when clearly I'm a Falkirk fan with feck all affiliation to rangers the orange order or any of that pish.  I simply think that small numbers of fans should now be allowed in football grounds in line with pubs and indoor raves 

SD- your credentials are impeccable.

For goodness knows how long you have assiduously avoided the subject of politics, and, indeed on many an occasion you have reprimanded myself for straying in to that area.

For once in your life, to fall below your own high standards, is understandable and indeed forgivable.

I very much am slagging her performance.  The results speak for themselves unfortunately.Jesus Christ it's hardly as if it's the end of the world calling her wee Jimmy. Few sensitive types on here.If her covid record had been better I probably wouldn't have slagged her off at all. I bet if my first comment had been slagging bojo the clown off noone would've batted an eyelid. One rule for one useless politician and another rule for the other it would appear.

I don’t think it’s Sturgeons performance that is the issue with Scotlands COVID performance....unless you think she should be taking a harder line which obviously isn’t the case.
It’s actually the lax attitude of the general public that’s the issue.....and you pushing for crowds in football grounds whilst we are at peak is a perfect example of lax attitude.....

1 minute ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

SD- your credentials are impeccable.

For goodness knows how long you have assiduously avoided the subject of politics, and, indeed on many an occasion you have reprimanded myself for straying in to that area.

For once in your life, to fall below your own high standards, is understandable and indeed forgivable.

Your right but when people start branding me a rangers supporter or having those sympathies I find it very hard to ignore I'm afraid.  I've was there when cadette scored his double and the vast majority of the wins we've had since and celebrated them as much if not more than any other Falkirk win. Just because I think her performance during  the covid outbreak has been poor and this is backed up by the number of deaths does not mean I'm some kind of raving mason Boyne type.

24 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
34 minutes ago, bairn88 said:
Have to agree with Shadwell here. If it was fat Bojo being mocked (which he has on here) absolutely no one would have muttered a word (rightly so). Just because you vehemently support Sturgeon doesn’t mean she’s exempt from jokey quips. 

The association with that word with the blue side of the bigot brothers does exist, however, so I wouldn’t personally use it. To accuse a fan of our club who clearly has no association with them of that is poor though.

Aye but BoJo is a Tory.

Okay, if that’s the level of debate I can see why SD got jumped on. Childish.

What Ferrier did was infinitely worse than what Cummings did, and you’re actually trying to excuse it. Really showing strong bias there, which is exactly what SD’s original point is.

Just now, roman_bairn said:

I don’t think it’s Sturgeons performance that is the issue with Scotlands COVID performance....unless you think she should be taking a harder line which obviously isn’t the case.
It’s actually the lax attitude of the general public that’s the issue.....and you pushing for crowds in football grounds whilst we are at peak is a perfect example of lax attitude.....

Our public is no different from those in other countries at the end of the day and to try and make out otherwise is ridiculous. New Zealand's pop isn't much different from ours and yet they've had 25 deaths whilst we've had 2500 plus. You can't say that that's all down to people's behaviour. It wasn't the general public who allowed covid positive patients to be transferred to care homes either and that's where the vast majority of deaths have occurred but could've been easily avoided.

3 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

The rave as I said previously was 150 people and was held inside a marquee organised by SWG 3 . I'm not just making it up for fun.

I can see why you keep calling it a rave given the title of the event, however its all booked tables of 6 max from 2 households, no singing, no dancing, all table service for drinks etc. So your argument, whilst I agree with the sentiment, is slightly misleading 

1 minute ago, Believe The Hype said:

I can see why you keep calling it a rave given the title of the event, however its all booked tables of 6 max from 2 households, no singing, no dancing, all table service for drinks etc. So your argument, whilst I agree with the sentiment, is slightly misleading 

Just as everyone would be doing at the football so my arguement stands. Too much of a scatter gun approach by the govt if you ask me if events like that are ok but watching football outdoors  isn't doesn't make sense.

10 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Our public is no different from those in other countries at the end of the day and to try and make out otherwise is ridiculous. New Zealand's pop isn't much different from ours and yet they've had 25 deaths whilst we've had 2500 plus. You can't say that that's all down to people's behaviour. It wasn't the general public who allowed covid positive patients to be transferred to care homes either and that's where the vast majority of deaths have occurred but could've been easily avoided.

The most significant difference between the UK and New Zealand is international travel and how many positive cases got into the country before lockdowns were triggered. The rest is just window dressing.