The Falkirk FC Thread

I know this will be a very unpopular opinion but, ah well.

I’m not too bothered if Kingsley signs or not. Yes, he would be a very good signing, but he’s a left back. It’s not a position that’ll win you games and I think Dixon is still good enough for this level.

If he signs then great, but if not, I’m sure we’ll get someone else in that’ll be good enough

Has our squad been tested yet ? If not we could be in the same situation as Killie but just don't know it.

I think there is a fair chance it’s going to be very prevalent around League One clubs, just that we are not likely to know it for a while due to the non-mandatory testing rule.

Correct me if I’m wrong but Dunfermline and Falkirk will not mandatorilly need to test ahead of their game next Friday?…

I know this will be a very unpopular opinion but, ah well.

I’m not too bothered if Kingsley signs or not. Yes, he would be a very good signing, but he’s a left back. It’s not a position that’ll win you games and I think Dixon is still good enough for this level.

If he signs then great, but if not, I’m sure we’ll get someone else in that’ll be good enough

If we were somehow able to sign a 26 year old Scottish international that could easily be described as top 10 in his position in the country it would nothing short of a fantastic and ridiculous signing. The fact he’s a left-back and we’ve already got Dixon is irrelevant. Kingsley would be the best player in the division and it wouldn’t even be close.

Now saying that I know with Hearts now sniffing around there’s no chance of us pulling it off but he would’ve improved us massively.

Heard he's not signing for Hearts as ( surprise surprise) they have concerns over his fitness. As I posted earlier its a huge gamble imo due to his previous injuries. Had  3 years of injury troubles at Hull. That doesn't sort itself overnight. We could sign Stephen King, its near enough. Saying that weve had enough misery recently. 

Edited by Syd Puddefoot

35 minutes ago, Syd Puddefoot said:

Heard he's not signing for Hearts as ( surprise surprise) they have concerns over his fitness. As I posted earlier its a huge gamble imo due to his previous injuries. Had  3 years of injury troubles at Hull. That doesn't sort itself overnight. We could sign Stephen King, its near enough. Saying that weve had enough misery recently. 

Imagine the scenes if we signed Stephen King and he was able to Carrie us all the way to the league title ??

If we were somehow able to sign a 26 year old Scottish international that could easily be described as top 10 in his position in the country it would nothing short of a fantastic and ridiculous signing. The fact he’s a left-back and we’ve already got Dixon is irrelevant. Kingsley would be the best player in the division and it wouldn’t even be close.

Now saying that I know with Hearts now sniffing around there’s no chance of us pulling it off but he would’ve improved us massively.

I’m not disagreeing with this at all. All I’m saying is it will be a great signing but I won’t be too bothered if it doesn’t happen.

If we’d signed Kingsley and McManus last season, then Kingsley would have been deemed the better/bigger signing, however, as we know McManus would have had a bigger impact on winning games.

I’m not against signing him, and I’ll be as happy as any other fan if we do, but I don’t see him making or breaking our season.

Guest Ecosse83
27 minutes ago, Rocco said:

I’m not disagreeing with this at all. All I’m saying is it will be a great signing but I won’t be too bothered if it doesn’t happen.

If we’d signed Kingsley and McManus last season, then Kingsley would have been deemed the better/bigger signing, however, as we know McManus would have had a bigger impact on winning games.

I’m not against signing him, and I’ll be as happy as any other fan if we do, but I don’t see him making or breaking our season.

I think the opposite, if we got him then it would let us play either him or Dixon at centre half which would be a big plus for us right now. But hey none of them will score 20 goals so it doesn't really matter that much does it? 🙈

14 minutes ago, Ecosse83 said:

I think the opposite, if we got him then it would let us play either him or Dixon at centre half which would be a big plus for us right now. But hey none of them will score 20 goals so it doesn't really matter that much does it? 🙈

What a good problem it would be having the forum discussing the best position to play him when he is signed.

Still think a club in a higher division will come in for him though.

I think the opposite, if we got him then it would let us play either him or Dixon at centre half which would be a big plus for us right now. But hey none of them will score 20 goals so it doesn't really matter that much does it? [emoji85]

Of course it’ll be a big plus. I said on a previous post that I wouldn’t be too bothered, as I think we’d still get someone adequate enough to play centre half of Kingsley doesn’t sign. Kingsley is head and shoulders above this level, so of course he’ll be a great signing