The Falkirk FC Thread

Where did I get to? Ah yes. The top 30 pop pickers! It's good to know that when I revisit this in 2030 household names like Akeel Francis and your man Leitch will have rocketed to the top of the listings.

30 - 185 Appearances

A big saft keeper from 1986 to 1991, well not really, he was really good for us and I only recall him letting us down once, at EEP that day. Of course he got a move to Celtic after us. Gordon Marshall.

Edited by Ranaldo Bairn

Considering we’ve not played in 6 months now with training and friendlies started there’s going to be wee knocks and things that players pick up and so if they’re not 100% so quite rightly wont be risked as there’s absolutely no need to. L

I don't know the rules, but my guess would be you couldn't have hospitality for home games because then you would be attending a football match - which isn't allowed. 

However, maybe if they shut the blinds and refused to allow anyone outside then it could be considered the same as any other restaurant which is open for business. 

I imagine they're looking at it. 

May also depend on broadcasting rights. 

FFCTV weren't allowed into Starks Park last Saturday because Raith insisted on "Championship rules" for TV coverage. Apparently the Championship clubs have agreed that only the home club will cover games but they'll make their video available to the away team. Whether that's live or as a rerun only I have no idea. 

The last I heard nothing had been agreed for League One. I don't know if all our opponents have the ability to record or live steam matches. 

Probably more info to follow on all this over the coming weeks. Assuming the league actually kicks off. [emoji17]

Scottish football is absolutely determined to chase fans away. Only home fans getting live feeds being “Championship” Rules? Or will home clubs offer PPV for anyone?

You would have thought they would want as much cash as possible coming. League 1 clubs streaming seems like fantasy stuff bearing in mind the how disinterested some seemed to restart with their steak pie piss ups in hospitality.

Scottish football has what has been coming to it and it is mainly all self inflicted.

26 - 193 appearances

Surely Yogi's greatest ever signing? Danced through the mud at Ochilview and continued dancing past bamboozled hammerthrowing defenders in the SPL. For me, second only to Stainrod in the pure joy you got from watching a true craftsman at work. 29 goals, 2003-09, Russell Latapy.

Edited by Ranaldo Bairn

Trialist is surely Kingsley. Can see us back in the UEFA Cup within 3 years at this rate.

Not arsed about a sub keeper yet. Changed days from when you had absolute clowns on here saying we needed to use 4 first team wages on keepers so we had a sub for the u20s.

Keena = Mr Goals

Francis with two assists as well.

17 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

Watched the highlights of the Hearts friendly. We will be winning no league with that CH pairing.

I agree, the defender that we bring in has to displace one of them even if it means Dixon is pushed into centre back. Too many dodgy mistakes in Hall and Durnan.

17 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

Keena = Mr Goals

Francis with two assists as well.

I agree, the defender that we bring in has to displace one of them even if it means Dixon is pushed into center back. Too many dodgy mistakes in Hall and Durnan.

If FFC get the biggest break in a generation and get Kingsley  then play him CH beside Dixon. Both have played as center backs at a high level so the 'they are left backs' excuse is nonsense.

2 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

If FFC get the biggest break in a generation and get Kingsley  then play him CH beside Dixon. Both have played as center backs at a high level so the 'they are left backs' excuse is nonsense.

Kingsley's not a centre back, he may have slotted in there a few times when his team were struggling but it makes no sense signing Kingsley to play him centre back when he's quite clearly better suited to left back. 

Edited by FFC 1876

10 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

Not sure you really want two left sided centre Half's in your side and then who are you going to play at left back if the boy from Camelon isn't ready yet.

See Ayr had muirhead and Joe Chalmers playing for them today.😂

Edited by Shadwell Dog

3 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

Kingsley's not a centre back, he may have slotted in there a few times when his team were struggling but it makes no sense signing Kingsley to play him centre back when he's quite clearly better suited to left back. 

Well lets just hope this turns out to be a real situation and not a what if ! Great problem to have.

1 minute ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Not sure you really want two left sided centre Half's in your side and then who are you going to play at left back if the boy from Cameron isn't ready yet. 

Sneddon ! as for left sided center half's if anything its an advantage. Lets just say at this stage it would be a great problem to have.