The Falkirk FC Thread

Is there any reason the club has to stop having hospitality on match days? I note it's having one for Dunfermline away could it not do that for every home game and away too?  Obviously the patrons would have to even watch home games via TV coverage but always prefer to watch games with others than in the house alone anyway. Would boost the clubs coffers.

1 minute ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

You are absolutely correct but, if I recall, you, and others pilloried me for bringing up POLITICS on a football forum.

You might also like to mention the £300mn black hole created by the SG, nothing to do with Westminster despite the SG levying higher taxes on the aspirational.

I think its more your whole standpoint over covid, whilst i understand your view on it. i cant say i share the same outlook whilst am sceptical over the whole thing I'm not blasé enough to put it as a hoax or blow it out all together but thats another argument on another thread.

2 minutes ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

You are absolutely correct but, if I recall, you, and others pilloried me for bringing up POLITICS on a football forum.

You might also like to mention the £300mn black hole created by the SG, nothing to do with Westminster despite the SG levying higher taxes on the aspirational.

We're talking in the context of funding football clubs through the crisis.. Not just general covid.

I think football as a number of other things will be thrown to the wolves this whole pandemic regardless of what you do in life or what you are involved in is all about survival in every way shape or form.  Any club that manages to see out this season and still standing will be amongst the winners and sadly some clubs may not survive it (please be Raith for a shit load of reasons).

premiership clubs will be creaming themselves as it will mean less prize money to share out with clubs folding but its time for clubs to get creative in bringing in revenue, I think on this we are lucky we have Kieran whether folk think the ideas are mental or not they have brought money in.

Edited by AL-FFC

8 minutes ago, AL-FFC said:

I think its more your whole standpoint over covid, whilst i understand your view on it. i cant say i share the same outlook whilst am sceptical over the whole thing I'm not blasé enough to put it as a hoax or blow it out all together but thats another argument on another thread.

I think I’m going to be vindicated as this thing is NOT going away, it kills mainly the elderly with underlying health issues, and anyone of working age who is healthy has more chance of dying from being hit by a bus. The young and fit MUST be allowed to live their lives normally.

People are starting to realise this.

Since March in the UK, deaths From Covid of people with no underlying ailments amount to around 300 (per the ONS).

9 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Is there any reason the club has to stop having hospitality on match days? I note it's having one for Dunfermline away could it not do that for every home game and away too?  Obviously the patrons would have to even watch home games via TV coverage but always prefer to watch games with others than in the house alone anyway. Would boost the clubs coffers.

I don't know the rules, but my guess would be you couldn't have hospitality for home games because then you would be attending a football match - which isn't allowed. 

However, maybe if they shut the blinds and refused to allow anyone outside then it could be considered the same as any other restaurant which is open for business. 

I imagine they're looking at it. 

May also depend on broadcasting rights. 

FFCTV weren't allowed into Starks Park last Saturday because Raith insisted on "Championship rules" for TV coverage. Apparently the Championship clubs have agreed that only the home club will cover games but they'll make their video available to the away team. Whether that's live or as a rerun only I have no idea. 

The last I heard nothing had been agreed for League One. I don't know if all our opponents have the ability to record or live steam matches. 

Probably more info to follow on all this over the coming weeks. Assuming the league actually kicks off. 😔

3 minutes ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

I don't know the rules, but my guess would be you couldn't have hospitality for home games because then you would be attending a football match - which isn't allowed. 

However, maybe if they shut the blinds and refused to allow anyone outside then it could be considered the same as any other restaurant which is open for business. 

I imagine they're looking at it. 

May also depend on broadcasting rights. 

FFCTV weren't allowed into Starks Park last Saturday because Raith insisted on "Championship rules" for TV coverage. Apparently the Championship clubs have agreed that only the home club will cover games but they'll make their video available to the away team. Whether that's live or as a rerun only I have no idea. 

The last I heard nothing had been agreed for League One. I don't know if all our opponents have the ability to record or live steam matches. 

Probably more info to follow on all this over the coming weeks. Assuming the league actually kicks off. 😔

But surely they could put the hospitality down to the same as being in a pub or a restaurant even though its at a football ground its no different

On that as well if the club were to cover away games should a club not have the capability some sort of agreement could be put in place where they receive a percentage of the stream.

Edited by AL-FFC

5 minutes ago, AL-FFC said:

But surely they could put the hospitality down to the same as being in a pub or a restaurant even though its at a football ground its no different

On that as well if the club were to cover away games should a club not have the capability some sort of agreement could be put in place where they receive a percentage of the stream.

Nothing to stop falkirkfc paying for the away stream anyway I wouldve thought. Would be crazy if you can't go and watch home games on the TV but you can watch away games.

Surely it's only a matter of time before common sense prevails, they u-turn on their decision and let fans back into stadiums. There's not even a limit on how many people are allowed in supermarkets at one time anymore, there's absolutely no way you can say a socially distanced football game isn't safer than 500 people in a supermarket at one time touching the same surfaces/products and getting in much closer proximity to each other.

1 minute ago, FFC 1876 said:

Surely it's only a matter of time before common sense prevails, they u-turn on their decision and let fans back into stadiums. There's not even a limit on how many people are allowed in supermarkets at one time anymore, there's absolutely no way you can say a socially distanced football game isn't safer than 500 people in a supermarket at one time touching the same surfaces/products and getting in much closer proximity to each other.

I dont think common sense comes into the equation and they are winging it, a lot of the rules contradict each other for example if you need a mask to go into a coffee shop but you can sit in said coffee shop and remove your mask.  They say your at less risk in an outdoor environment yet we cant have spectators at a football match but you can pack as many people into a supermarket as long as they are wearing a mask.

10 minutes ago, AL-FFC said:

I dont think common sense comes into the equation and they are winging it, a lot of the rules contradict each other for example if you need a mask to go into a coffee shop but you can sit in said coffee shop and remove your mask.  They say your at less risk in an outdoor environment yet we cant have spectators at a football match but you can pack as many people into a supermarket as long as they are wearing a mask.

The whole thing is nonsense!!

Just now, Bantabairn said:

Not normally shopping as pet hate, anyway yesterday at a major wholesaler witnessed the good, the bad and the ugly of Covid. I generally  think that the majority of people are keeping within the guidelines/restrictions, however most striking was how many people had masks below their noses. Witnessed a middle aged women lifting mask to sneeze with no attempt to restrict the spray from her Beek. Very little distancing with people happy to nearly knock you into next isle. Can see how this virus is quickly passed on, even when the majority of people think their abiding by the law. Doesn’t help when a guy came out the men’s cubicle and by passed the sinks to exit the toilet....

I think the fact that technically they are wearing a mask they arent doing anything wrong but they arent wearing a face mask correctly, I was out the other day and someone was  wearing a mask but they had it under their chin and not covering their nose and mouth (wtf is the point)

4 minutes ago, AL-FFC said:

I think the fact that technically they are wearing a mask they arent doing anything wrong but they arent wearing a face mask correctly, I was out the other day and someone was  wearing a mask but they had it under their chin and not covering their nose and mouth (wtf is the point)

You two sound like perfect candidates to be stasi snitches.

5 minutes ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

You two sound like perfect candidates to be stasi snitches.

I cant see how folk making up valid points on mask wearing and the whole pandemic would put us as being snitches, but i will be f**ked if am having to pay a fine for not wearing a mask when i should be, its not as if its a massive ask but it is a pain in the arse at the same time