The Falkirk FC Thread

1 minute ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Sneddon seemed to be getting played wide left in the Raith game.

Think that's just because Kingsley is there. But when he signed i'm sure it was mentioned he can play left back or left midfield. He came on for Connolly again today so must have played infront of Kingsley again.

5 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

Think that's just because Kingsley is there. But when he signed i'm sure it was mentioned he can play left back or left midfield. He came on for Connolly again today so must have played infront of Kingsley again.

Probably a safer place to play him whilst he picks up experience. Left back is a very unforgiving position .

6 hours ago, CC52 FFC said:

Fans not getting back is a bit farcical IMO. Stadiums could easily accommodate a number of fans safely with masks on and socially distant. We don’t need pie stalls or anything open, just bums on seats. What happens when we get to March/April and there’s still no vaccine? Whilst I fully respect the fact we need to curb the spread, we also need a little normality as well. 

I agree. But unfortunately it's not going to happen with this Government.

Australia have stadiums presently with fans at 50% capacity up to 40,000  , and they are now trialing 75% capacity in certain areas limited to 200 with all fans wearing masks & gloves - will be interesting. They want to have the AFL Grand Final more or less full.

But then our Governments looked after us by closing international borders and having a proper hotel quarantine process for return travelers. Apart from Victoria who f*cked it up but now have it under control.

All of our cases came from abroad , if you don't deal with it coming into your country you will just keep going round in circles hoping for a vaccine.    

Edited by Hank von Hell

I agree. But unfortunately it's not going to happen with this Government.
Australia have stadiums presently with fans at 50% capacity up to 40,000  , and they are now trialing 75% capacity in certain areas limited to 200 with all fans wearing masks & gloves - will be interesting. They want to have the AFL Grand Final more or less full.
But then our Governments looked after us by closing international borders and having a proper hotel quarantine process for return travelers. Apart from Victoria who f*cked it up but now have it under control.
All of our cases came from abroad , if you don't deal with it coming into your country you will just keep going round in circles hoping for a vaccine.    

Managing Coronavirus is a significantly easier task in an vast area low density population country like Australia, rather than a daily city to city commutable country such as the UK or most European countries.
It’s simply not comparable.

9 hours ago, roman_bairn said:

Managing Coronavirus is a significantly easier task in an vast area low density population country like Australia, rather than a daily city to city commutable country such as the UK or most European countries.
It’s simply not comparable.

I have heard this argument before and it's not correct. I don't know how much you know about Australia but that vast area you mention is called the Outback , nobody lives there as there are too many things that want to kill you there plus it's very dusty and very hot.

Everyone lives on the coast and the majority in high density cities such as Melbourne, Sydney & Brisbane.

If you take Queensland as a comparison to Scotland - they have the same population (5M).  Half the people of QLD live in Brisbane with a population of 2.5M , that's more than all the cities of Scotland (and large towns) put together in one place (dense enough for you?) . Next is Gold Coast with 600,000 and then the Sunshine Coast with 300,000. The rest are made up of towns . There is a huge amount of people commuting to Brisbane every day.

Queensland has had just over a thousand cases and 6 deaths. The reason for this is the closure early of international borders and the state border, and anyone coming in has to spend 2 weeks in  hotel quarantine at their expense ($3K each) guarded by the army (Melbourne f@cked this up and used Uber drivers instead).  Seriously just about everyone returning from abroad has tested positive for COVID, the same will be happening in the UK you just don't know it.

I watched Boris basically blaming the people yesterday for not following the rules when I can't see too much different with what the people are doing here. The failure lies with the Government for not protecting it's people and it's borders - you are an island the same as us , you didn't use that to your advantage. 

And for those who moan that this has nothing to do with football , it has - it's the reason you are not going to see your football team play live this season.

BTW - Happy Wednesday everyone!

So, in a Scottish Football League One equivalent of the Stiff Stakes, who do we think will be the first to go bust?

Peterhead? Nah, probably a lot of oil money up there to keep them afloat.

Partick Thistle? Nope, Colin Weir’s legacy should see them survive.

Cove Rangers? Don’t think so, see Peterhead.

Dumbarton? Not sure, does anybody know anything about their financial history?

Forfar Athletic? Their chairman’s a c*nt so why not?

Clyde? Airdrie? East Fife? Montrose? Us?

Who’s going to be first to go tits up?

Just a bit of dark humour to lighten the mood. 😉

13 minutes ago, Bairn in Exile said:

So, in a Scottish Football League One equivalent of the Stiff Stakes, who do we think will be the first to go bust?

I'll go for Raith, a League One club who were elected to play in the Championship.

2 minutes ago, badgerthewitness said:

I'll go for Raith, a League One club who were elected to play in the Championship.

Obviously don’t want to see any team fold due to this plague but I’m sure my grief would be fairly short lived if it happened to last season’s Division 1 “Champions”.

11 minutes ago, badgerthewitness said:

6 minutes ago, Reggie Perrin said:

Obviously don’t want to see any team fold due to this plague but I’m sure my grief would be fairly short lived if it happened to last season’s Division 1 “Champions”.

2 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

On a football related note, I see Josh McPake, who was mentioned as a potential target for us has signed for Morton on loan.

Regarding the club going bust loan, Raith Rovers went to their fans with the begging bowl very early in the current situation so must be in a really precarious position already.

Our owner announced at the weekend we will post over £100k profit for the last year. That is for the period before we received £150k for Bowie or started selling season tickets and kits.

Unsure whether the £100k raised by the fans is included or not but our ex chairman confirmed this money hadn’t been fully spent yet (due to the furlough scheme being utilised) and would be set aside for the challenges that are likely to face all clubs in the season ahead.

Our owner also confirmed we will be in a position to see out the season regardless of whether fans are allowed in at any point. Obviously no guarantees but I’d say we are far from the most vulnerable.

27 minutes ago, Bairn in Exile said:

I honestly think all of the above with the exception of PT.

What about us, I don't mean we will go belly up but surely with our costs increasing quite a bit recently with little or no income there has to be a time when we would worry - would 6 months with no guarantee of an end to restrictions start to get a bit scary? 

On the new investment from the US - are they putting money into the club & buying new shares not someone else's shares. And are they completely mad?  

Any Scottish Government bail out, which I think would be highly unlikely, would just dissipate across all the clubs much like the Anderson money which is all but forgotten - and definitely spent.  Oops that's me getting dark again. 

8 minutes ago, R.R.FC said:

Our owner announced at the weekend we will post over £100k profit for the last year. That is for the period before we received £150k for Bowie or started selling season tickets and kits.

Unsure whether the £100k raised by the fans is included or not but our ex chairman confirmed this money hadn’t been fully spent yet (due to the furlough scheme being utilised) and would be set aside for the challenges that are likely to face all clubs in the season ahead.

Our owner also confirmed we will be in a position to see out the season regardless of whether fans are allowed in at any point. Obviously no guarantees but I’d say we are far from the most vulnerable.

In a very good position then which is good.

Seems strange that Andy Mill went out with his begging bowl when not needed then ?The more I hear of this the more it reeks of a very good salesman praying on customers who were more vulnerable than normal at the time - not a nice thing to do.

1 minute ago, Bantabairn said:

Scottish football has been in decline for years, the corrupt people that run out game are only interested in the tip six clubs ( being generous) and maybe the Abyss that awaits us may actually be a good thing.....

Don’t see how it can be. If teams go out of business, thousands of supporters will be lost to the game.

Personally I will lose something that’s been a big part of my life since 1978 (also a big part of my family life as over the years it’s something I’ve done with my papa, dad, brother, cousin and son - as well as my best mates)

Also, we will end up with future generations supporting either the bigot brothers or the huge clubs from England.

6 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

In a very good position then which is good.

Seems strange that Andy Mill went out with his begging bowl when not needed then ?The more I hear of this the more it reeks of a very good salesman praying on customers who were more vulnerable than normal at the time - not a nice thing to do.

Nice of you to say. I would definitely be frustrated if it was roles reversed and understandably angry regarding the reconstruction situation in particular but I would never hope another club goes bust.

Andy Mill is the supporters representative on the board. He was approached by large amount of fans separately asking what they could do to raise funds for the club as soon as things were stopped. I don’t believe he approached anyone himself but facilitated these requests by providing a central point for anyone who wanted to contribute by way of a Go Fund Me page.

This was obviously before the furlough scheme was put in place and this scheme removed most of the forecasted costs to the end of the season meaning not all the money raised was needed immediately.

The chairman always stressed during any interviews that fans should only donate if they had the additional income to do so and that their families, obviously, must come first. Andy Mill and the club also pulled together food hampers with help from local businesses for fans that were struggling financially at the peak of the virus. I won’t take up any more of the Falkirk thread with chat regarding the Rovers but that’s the explanation, you may still have the same opinion, which is fair enough.

I've got a Falkirk Fc signed ball for sale on ebay at the moment. Signed by players from the 04/05 squad including legends such as Russell Latapy, John Hughes and Neil Scally. And some not so memorable names including Manuel Kante and Ian McSween.

http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/710-53481-19255-0/1?icep_ff3=2&pub=5575378759&campid=5338273189&customid=&icep_item=133527247791&ipn=psmain&icep_vectorid=229508&kwid=902099&mtid=824&kw=lg&toolid=11111