The Falkirk FC Thread

11 hours ago, Hank von Hell said:

Are they planning on piping in crowd noise during broadcasts?

Watching those highlights v Raith it was an awful experience despite the high scoring win. The crowd noise in England makes a big difference for me , the lack of it and hearing the players shouts above the silence just makes it seem like a training match or a kick about in the park.   

I believe it is SKY/BT that does this , might be beyond the capabilities of FTV and the others sadly.

It is what it is and its better than no sound at all. Far from perfect but if you have somebody concentrating on the game and knows what he is doing with the buttons he is pressing then the end product will be better.

1 hour ago, Shadwell Dog said:

I got fed up with the sound men pressing the wrong buttons and went back to natural sounds. Getting goal noises when shots go 10yards wide  or ooohs when a striker shoots tamely into the keepers hands just wasn't doing it for me I'm afraid.

Yep, the sound effects are woeful. Sometimes the delay after a goal was scored to the cheer was so bad they'd nearly kicked off again.

They way things have been going with Covid resurgence I hate to sound a sour note but, it may be inevitable we have a second lockdown in the next few months.   This may turn out to be the season that never happened.  Just when we have the makings of a nice wee team.

Edited by Long Suffering Bairn
mistake

On 20/09/2020 at 11:59, Bainsfordbairn said:

If you listen to the Dave Mac 50/50 winner announcements video he says that there will be a match against Dundee a week on Tuesday which will be a test event for the new Falkirk TV. More details to follow.  

There are two other friendlies before then which so far the club haven't mentioned. I imagine there will be the usual twitter feed and possibly highlights, though as one is an away match it will depend on the host club for video.  It's midweek during the day so the FFCTV guys won't be there. 

We've got Hearts at some point this week, think it's tomorrow if their message boards are to be believed. I'd imagine we'll have a Tuesday and Saturday game lined up for the next two weeks until we kick off competitively. 

Edited by FFC 1876

1 hour ago, Bantabairn said:

Fear & worry I’ve had since the Covid arrived. Just listened to our FM and the two chief medical guts, I,ll be amazed if this season isn’t halted or temporary postponed. 
Who knows, if we can actually get the season started and get a few wins under our belt, and should we suffer any halt or postponement, we will be awarded the league if we’re top 🙄

Nope, we are Falkirk.  We'll get so many games in and we could be top by miles, the season gets stopped but they decide to null and void because the Bigot Sisters are too close to call. 

Just watched (again) the highlights v Fife Scum Mark II and I had obviously been so mesmerized by our display before that I hadn't noticed what a fucking awful strip the Rovers have this year, might even be worse than our garbage.

How can Joma go from producing the thing of beauty that is St Mirren's kit this year to the shite that is Rovers' strip?

St. Mirren 20-21 Home & Away Kits Released - Footy Headlines

Introducing Our 2020/21 Home Kit | Raith Rovers FC

2 minutes ago, Bairn in Exile said:

Just watched (again) the highlights v Fife Scum Mark II and I had obviously been so mesmerized by our display before that I hadn't noticed what a fucking awful strip the Rovers have this year, might even be worse than our garbage.

How can Joma go from producing the thing of beauty that is St Mirren's kit this year to the shite that is Rovers' strip?

St. Mirren 20-21 Home & Away Kits Released - Footy Headlines

Introducing Our 2020/21 Home Kit | Raith Rovers FC

Any shirt with black and white stripes is honking if you ask me. Classic juve apart.

On 20/09/2020 at 16:53, FFC 1876 said:

Still think it'll depend on the defender we sign as they need to be a starter as Durnan and Hall both have a bombscare in them. M&M said a while ago that a defender and a back up goalie would be their lot but if that was the case I highly doubt we'd have so many attacking trialists in just now. So hopefully that means we've got another 3 or 4 at a push signings to make. 

Our squad is about 19 players now if you include Lee Miller  I'd be surprised if we run with a squad of 23/4,Unless the defender we sign is decent and can cover centre back n full back then you could see Snedden maybe going out on loan somewhere. 

Bring in 2 outfield players and a GK in on loan the GK one would be the cheaper option with the parent club covering a portion of the wages, 2 outfield would either pay as you play with incentives i.e goals scored, assists etc