The Falkirk FC Thread

I'm seething about Covid stopping the league and we would've been 11 points behind United with 8 games left, you guys must be 10 times worse only being a point behind Raith. 

From a rivalry point of view, yes Hearts went down but County were in fucking free fall and effectively got to vote their way out of the relegation playoffs/relegation itself. Ridiculous. 

8 hours ago, FFC 1876 said:

Happily be proved wrong on this one but there must be about 1% chance of us signing Kingsley. Highly exepct him to sign with the Jambo's when Hickey is confirmed as signing with Bologna.

That was the talk in July when Hull let him go. Also the Neilson connection with Falkirk means they know each other which makes a big difference.

I don’t believe there is any mandatory testing for non Premier clubs - unless you are playing a top division side in the Cup or a friendly. However some clubs are doing their own testing.

Whilst you can understand the financial reasons for non testing, it’s surely a disaster waiting to happen and will have to change soon.

I still think there’s a huge question mark over the upcoming League One campaign.....

8 hours ago, grumswall said:
8 hours ago, Hank von Hell said:
Are they players getting weekly COVID tests? Never read anything about it, which is a bit strange.

I don't think it's a necessity unless it's a "competitive" game. Could be wrong. I know amateur teams aren't having players tested though and there's realistically around the same amount of people at these games just now.

I find that staggering if true. I am sure these games will be full contact.

How does the virus know it's a competitive game or not , or if the players are amateur? 

If and it is a big IF we can get a deal together for Kingsley that may free up Dixon as cover at CH,we still a keeper as well.

Kingsley a better CH than Dixon. I hope they play him there if we get him

31 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

Kingsley a better CH than Dixon. I hope they play him there if we get him

Hall went off for Kingsley at half time and Dixon moved into centre back. Kingsley could fill in at centre back but I think if we did sign him and that's a massive if then he'd be wasted in there. He'd be the starting left back and Dixon would be vying for a starting centre back spot. I'm very surprised somebody in the premierships not tried to sign Kingsley, I know he's had his injury troubles but he's still only 26.

Mutch

Mercer Durnan Dixon Kingsley

Morrison Miller Alston Connolly

Keena Dowds

Edited by FFC 1876

59 minutes ago, Hank von Hell said:

I find that staggering if true. I am sure these games will be full contact.

How does the virus know it's a competitive game or not , or if the players are amateur? 

I think it's to try and make sure that the top flight has the best chance of running to completion (10 in a row year), whilst the rest of us can go and f**k ourselves if the leagues end early.

This is why we need to get out the blocks early and get top of the league, surely last season serves as a  warning. Last year was a sprint not a marathon and definitely this coming season is a race to the top as fast as we can.

45 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

Hall went off for Kingsley at half time and Dixon moved into centre back. Kingsley could fill in at centre back but I think if we did sign him and that's a massive if then he'd be wasted in there. He'd be the starting left back and Dixon would be vying for a starting centre back spot. I'm very surprised somebody in the premierships not tried to sign Kingsley, I know he's had his injury troubles but he's still only 26.

Mutch

Keena Dowds

That actually looks like a fairly decent football team.

Just to jump topics for a moment but does anyone kind of keep up with what is happening over at Partick?

I've dipped in and out but I think a few RFC loans (striker and keeper???) Is the last I've read about.

Also, what does everyone think about how Partick will perform in the league (if indeed they are going to be our competition)? Will they play not to lose in as RM did or go for it?

I'd like to think that they are going to think it's a walk over, niavely thinking its going to be a doddle. But I don't think IM (past history of his FFC managerial record) will allow complacency.

Thoughts?

2 minutes ago, Albertobotswana said:

Just to jump topics for a moment but does anyone kind of keep up with what is happening over at Partick?

I've dipped in and out but I think a few RFC loans (striker and keeper???) Is the last I've read about.

Also, what does everyone think about how Partick will perform in the league (if indeed they are going to be our competition)? Will they play not to lose in as RM did or go for it?

I'd like to think that they are going to think it's a walk over, niavely thinking its going to be a doddle. But I don't think IM (past history of his FFC managerial record) will allow complacency.

Thoughts?

I don’t think any of their fans expect the league to be a walkover.

7 minutes ago, Albertobotswana said:

Thoughts?

Don't think McCall's sides are ever set up not to lose either.

15 hours ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

Both penalties were pathetic awards.

Did the Raith penalty scorer really give it the big 'un to an empty away stand? What a gonk.

Which is why he is at Raith

15 hours ago, Long Suffering Bairn said:

Some good stuff in the highlights.  Another positive note - the away strip looks good from a distance when you can't the the pattern.  Good day.

I thought the red strip looked like safety vest and I preferred the red top,white away top next season please.

I was impressed with our pass and quick movement in the highlights.

What other games do we have lined up ?

Edited by MrDust

10 minutes ago, MrDust said:

What other games do we have lined up ?

If you listen to the Dave Mac 50/50 winner announcements video he says that there will be a match against Dundee a week on Tuesday which will be a test event for the new Falkirk TV. More details to follow.  

There are two other friendlies before then which so far the club haven't mentioned. I imagine there will be the usual twitter feed and possibly highlights, though as one is an away match it will depend on the host club for video.  It's midweek during the day so the FFCTV guys won't be there. 

36 minutes ago, Albertobotswana said:

Thoughts?

After our last threeyears of utter shite, there is no way way think this league will be a doddle. I suspect we just might make the play offs. I guess you guys are the team to catch.

2 hours ago, FFC 1876 said:

Mutch

Keena Dowds

Hearts were after Kingsley earlier in the window but his wage demands were far too high by the sounds of it.