The Falkirk FC Thread

33 minutes ago, grumswall said:
36 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:
We should be saying that to you today. Nice of you to make up the numbers.

Like you made up the numbers against East Stirling... Who cares about pre season friendlys? I'm much more interested in how we fare against the teams in our own league when the competitive stuff kicks off.

I'd be concerned if we let in 6 to anyone.

I know. It was a gentle dig at those who were a bit OTT after the Shire game, of which you weren't one. [emoji106]   

It’s funny, my reading was the standard pish OTT comment (get it? [emoji16])about ‘knicker wetting’ from the usual mob who don’t appear to believe that anyone has the right to comment when the team underperform in a friendly.

I fail to understand how anyone could disagree that it was a very poor display?

Irrespective, as I said earlier, it’s only an issue if we continually underperformed and we clearly didn’t do that today.

Question is, is the performance today an indicator of how we will play when the season starts or will it be the Shire one?

Personally, I have more confidence than most in M & M who I think are learning the job fast, and I think we will be more than fine given the players they have brought in so far....

Appreciate its limited highlights from a preseason game but we looked to attack with a bit of pace and driving forward which has been lacking from the club for a number of seasons.

Hopefully be an end to a dozen sideways passes to end up exactly where we started!

Appreciate its limited highlights from a preseason game but we looked to being with a bit of pace and driving forward which has been lacking from the club for a number of seasons.
Hopefully be an end to a dozen sideways passes to end up exactly where we started!
You looked a far better team than last season based on the highlights. Wish you well for next season.

3 minutes ago, grumswall said:
13 minutes ago, spud131 said:
Appreciate its limited highlights from a preseason game but we looked to being with a bit of pace and driving forward which has been lacking from the club for a number of seasons.

You looked a far better team than last season based on the highlights. Wish you well for next season.

Sorry that Sammon was in the highlights package though.

3 minutes ago, grumswall said:
13 minutes ago, spud131 said:

What’s the latest with Vaughan? Outstanding player and it’s been painful to watch his career develop as it has done. 

Quite glad our two starting trialists today were a winger and a striker as if the monies their it's the two positions I'd love for us to strengthen, as well as bringing in a back up keeper and another centre back obviously.

Edited by FFC 1876

What’s the latest with Vaughan? Outstanding player and it’s been painful to watch his career develop as it has done. 

Hes back training but picked up a little injury in our game against utd (as far as I know) it's to be expected after so long out and isn't anything serious. Hopefully he can get over his injury woes though because as you say he is an outstanding player who we are lucky/unlucky to still have. He should have been playing at a far higher level than the championship at this stage.

42 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

It’s funny, my reading was the standard pish OTT comment (get it? emoji16.png)about ‘knicker wetting’ from the usual mob who don’t appear to believe that anyone has the right to comment when the team underperform in a friendly.

I fail to understand how anyone could disagree that it was a very poor display?

Irrespective, as I said earlier, it’s only an issue if we continually underperformed and we clearly didn’t do that today.

Question is, is the performance today an indicator of how we will play when the season starts or will it be the Shire one?

Personally, I have more confidence than most in M & M who I think are learning the job fast, and I think we will be more than fine given the players they have brought in so far....

I'd expect us to improve the fitter we get and the more we get used to playing with each other. I just believe we were caught cold against the shire who had already played a game. As we've shown getting another 90 mins under our belts makes a big difference.

30 minutes ago, grumswall said:
48 minutes ago, wee_bairn said:

Hes back training but picked up a little injury in our game against utd (as far as I know) it's to be expected after so long out and isn't anything serious. Hopefully he can get over his injury woes though because as you say he is an outstanding player who we are lucky/unlucky to still have. He should have been playing at a far higher level than the championship at this stage.

Genuinely one of the players I want to do well and hope he can recover and make a good career for himself.

Cracking player but with the damage done can’t see him going as far as first thought when he broke through.

28 minutes ago, keithgy said:

If and it is a big IF we can get a deal together for Kingsley that may free up Dixon as cover at CH,we still a keeper as well.

Happily be proved wrong on this one but there must be about 1% chance of us signing Kingsley. Highly exepct him to sign with the Jambo's when Hickey is confirmed as signing with Bologna.

Edited by FFC 1876

Genuinely one of the players I want to do well and hope he can recover and make a good career for himself.
Cracking player but with the damage done can’t see him going as far as first thought when he broke through.
Aye its unlikely he will reach any great heights now but he can still with a bit of luck have a good enough career at a decent level. He came back after the first two still looking as good as ever so fingers crossed third times the charm for him.

Are they players getting weekly COVID tests? Never read anything about it, which is a bit strange.
I don't think it's a necessity unless it's a "competitive" game. Could be wrong. I know amateur teams aren't having players tested though and there's realistically around the same amount of people at these games just now.

10 hours ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

I know. It was a gentle dig at those who were a bit OTT after the Shire game, of which you weren't one. 👍

The same five trialists from that game were listed today, plus one additional player. He's been correctly identified in some posts online, as were Tuesday's goalkeeper and defender. 

I don't think anyone will know the three attackers who played then, two of whom started today. All are young English forwards who won't be known up here. 

And I yes I was at the Shire game. I don't think anything went online because it was a night to forget. We were as bad then as we were good today. 

Kingsley, Ramsbottom and Jonny Mitchell? Where did Mitchell play when he came on against the shire? From the highlights the striker looked a handful and played a part in 2 of the goals. Good to see us creating loads of chances and as somebody already mentioned it could have been more than the 6.  We even got to see Sammon in his prime for the sixth goal, failing to hold up a ball and inevitably giving the ball away.