The Falkirk FC Thread

Guest Back Post Misses

Not my understanding of the upfront fee.

But Im going to guess you know better?

I am very confident that 500k is the number.

Guest Back Post Misses

Was being the operative word that's been yesterday's news since last season...the losses as far as I know are due to the rent due on the south stand & the ground in general which obviously we don't own maybe BPM could enlighten us further

Up to the change in the leagues without cup runs and player sales looking at the accounts we traded at a 500k loss approx. overhead £1.7m, turnover £1.2m.

No accounts available since then but let's take a couple of things since then to see where we are now.

We have left Stirling and the Academy is now in the hands of the SFA and the central money for the league is an extra 250k.

So if the Stirling/Academy changes have saved 100k net say the picture BEFORE cup ties and transfers will be something like this I would guess.

Top line now £1.45m overhead £1.6m. The gap is now 150k.

All of course guess work as there are assumptions in there. But I would think it is not far away. If you look at last season on top of the standard income we have had two televised cup games and sales of Lyle Taylor, Fulton and Mark Stewart. We should have a bit of profit from last season.

This season coming with McGrandles and Kingsley gone and Sevco, Hertz and Hibs coming to town should be excellent financially.

Folk getting themselves in a knot over the transfer window ending - we'll surely be bringing in free agents, so the window wouldn't apply.

You're correct in that respect.

Where the problem lies is what top quality freebies are still available at this stage?

We are now into slim pickings.

Loanees is where the quality lies now for us

Maybe some Falkirk fans can riddle me this?

On the back of us selling out our 2 sections for Tynecastle tomorrow (nearly 1500 seats) at £23 a seat - how come we boycotted Dens park for being too pricey at £20 a seat?

Thought the problem with this game was Dundee charging away fans more than than home supporters?

On free agents, the quality may have dropped by this time of year but there is still plenty players who would be more than capable at this level. The problem is trying to attract them.

On the back of us selling out our 2 sections for Tynecastle tomorrow (nearly 1500 seats) at £23 a seat - how come we boycotted Dens park for being too pricey at £20 a seat?

I'm only going because it's easy for me to get to, I like Edinburgh for drinking before and after the game and it's probably one of my favourite football grounds to go to. Oh and the last time I was there Lovell scored that goal that looked a mile offside.

I do agree that the price is shocking for a first division game though

Regardless of price, I think Hearts away is a more appealing day out than Dundee anyway and I imagine there will be plenty of others with the same opinion. Nicer city and a better ground for starters. I think the fact we haven't played at Tynecastle in years is probably another factor for some, too.

Not sure why but I thought it was purely pay at the gate tomorrow - was looking forward to it but I'm not travelling through when there's a chance I'll miss out by not being one of the first.

Bit bonkers that the season will be over a month old before we have our second home league game.

Edited by Ned Nederlander

A wee win for the Bairns would be unexpected but welcome. Perhaps a few will want to show that Connor was not the only star in the team and perhaps be motivated to try to get the wages he has gained. A time to step up lads! But probably a humping !