The Falkirk FC Thread

14 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Longridge finally signs for queens park who seem to falkirk rejects fc now. They should do damage in league 2 even with a hopeless manager like mckinnon

Imagine throwing all that money at League 2 ??

Then imagine throwing all that money at League 2 and putting that fucking clown McKinnon in charge of it 😂.

Was there not a life size cardboard cut out of PH dotting around at one point?
I remember being on a supporters bus back from Morton, second last day of 13/14(?) where if we won, we went into the final day with a serious chance of promotion.

We didn't win

And then a guy got on the bus with a near life-size cut-out of Gary Holt

And then someone else got on the bus and confronted him, shouting "THAT'S MY GARY HOLT, GET YER OWN GARY HOLT"

Halcyon days.

29 minutes ago, sirscottyoung said:

Something you guys can definitely be interested in.

Not to be an arsehole but it says  "remember 6-2" and a personalised happy birthday on it. I was reaching for my credit card until I read all that.

40 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

Not to be an arsehole but it says  "remember 6-2" and a personalised happy birthday on it. I was reaching for my credit card until I read all that.

I don't even know the reference of that. Just saw it and thought if we had a player like that would be cool to buy it.

2 hours ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

The Houstie Hardcore 😂. I’d forgotten about that.

Great, great days in the choir. We’ll never see anything like that again.

Yes ! a time that has ' Gone with the wind ' The memory of what it was like at Brockville when in full voice with the support all worked up will gradually disappear as time marches on. Bearpit of a stadium that had no comparison in Scotland.

If and when a 4th stand is built at that soulless barn of a stadium. Hope regulations allow for a standing area to capture just a bit of Brockville. Something along the lines of the enclosure in front of the stand at Brockville would do just fine.

3 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

Yes ! a time that has ' Gone with the wind ' The memory of what it was like at Brockville when in full voice with the support all worked up will gradually disappear as time marches on. Bearpit of a stadium that had no comparison in Scotland.

If and when a 4th stand is built at that soulless barn of a stadium. Hope regulations allow for a standing area to capture just a bit of Brockville. Something along the lines of the enclosure in front of the stand at Brockville would do just fine.

Remember the wee ‘cage’ next to the away support ? I remember going in there when I was about 15 and thought I was the bomb 😂.

Remember the wee ‘cage’ next to the away support ? I remember going in there when I was about 15 and thought I was the bomb [emoji23].
I also thought I was hard as f**k stood there.

That said, it was the best part of the stadium for atmosphere. For actually watching the game it was hard to beat being up behind the goals, just down from the top pie stall. That was a glorious place to be on a hot day with a big crowd.

5 minutes ago, Bairney The Dinosaur said:
1 hour ago, Marshmallo said:

We would have been in such a bidding war if it didn't have that personalised message.

Look at my avatar and tell me you'd be taking it away from me

2 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

That said, it was the best part of the stadium for atmosphere. For actually watching the game it was hard to beat being up behind the goals, just down from the top pie stall. That was a glorious place to be on a hot day with a big crowd.

Great memories of my time in the ground. As years went on migrated to the stand and the atmosphere was the same but different if you get my drift. No wonder it it was hated by the opposition. One voice in the stand could be heard all over the ground, the drumming of the feet above the opposition dressing room while the guys in the enclosure abused them through the window and banging the mesh in front. Goodness knows how the opposition manager got through his team talk. It was one big echo chamber and voted the most intimidating stand by some fanzine who's name I forget.

But that's history ! we have got what we have got and have to make the most of it.

The 4th stand has to be an innovative design with some fresh thinking eg 12 row deep 2 tier with hotel , sports complex etc behind. anyway that's years if a decade away.

4 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

I started as a wee 6 year old boy sitting in the stand with my Dad in 1972, used to sit and watch the choir longing for the days when I was old enough to go to games with my pals so I could go in there. These days duly arrived late 70's and I remained in the choir area for a good few years before moving to behind the goals at the Hope Street end and there I remained until they demolished the Old Lady.

I absolutely loved the place, it was an absolute shithole but it was our shithole. All my best memories of watching the Bairns are there, TFS will never match them. 

1 hour ago, ebobsboy said:

Partick already in the loan market for players signing two from Rangers. One a back up keeper. Perhaps all not too rosy in the garden finance wise after their court battles. 

To be fair it's a pair of great signings and would have suited us perfectly. Back up goalkeeper and a center back.