Jump to content
Kris.

The Falkirk FC Thread

Recommended Posts

6 minutes ago, Reggie Perrin said:

Nasty

Wasn’t even booked for that challenge I’m sure. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Thought Toshney was better, even though his legs are made of glass!

Had totally forgot about Toshney, shows how long a year has been. Yes ultimately he was the best defender we had last season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, 60`s bairn said:

Didn`t realise I had that pic until a couple of weeks ago😲

DHoldenvCeltic(h2).jpg

I remember it from being there but have never seen this pic. It's absolutely horrific , just look where the ball is. That's assault.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Wasn’t even booked for that challenge I’m sure. 


I’m not even sure the ref actually gave a foul. I remember the ball falling to Graham Barrett who missed an absolute sitter and that was it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Russ said:

 


I’m not even sure the ref actually gave a foul. I remember the ball falling to Graham Barrett who missed an absolute sitter and that was it.

 

Maybe this one??

GBarrettvCeltic(h2)2.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Maybe this one??
GBarrettvCeltic(h2)2.thumb.jpg.44acdfe3148d4578c8651b226759055a.jpg


That’ll be it was some miss. Really wanted to like Barrett but he was quite pish. Celebration at Ibrox aside of course.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We paid his wages for a year whilst he sat crocked and with Yogi bumming him up to be his best signing.

What a massive disappointment.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, ShaggerG said:

Thought Toshney was better, even though his legs are made of glass!

Yep Toshney, Bell and Johnstone, two of them going down had you thinking career enders everytime. Johnstone's career ended before Falkirk.

8 hours ago, Bglongmx said:

I don't Alston of recent seasons is the player he was - largely anonymous the last couple of times I've seen him play. If we could get him however it would be interesting to see if becoming a first pick could rekindle his desire/form.

I'd love Alston to sign but don't see him as the Messiah. He is capable of scoring some outstanding goals but can go missing and I think injuries have hampered him recently. He would skoosh this league but feel we would need a formation other than 4-4-2 to brightly shine.

We would have zero chance of getting him without covid but these times will see many footballers struggle for a contract

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Hank von Hell said:

Good point. You know I never considered part time players. It's obvious the bio bubble cannot work for them.

I can't see this running smoothly for the lower leagues. 

It’s increasingly looking like the Scottish government will pull the plug on football if there is any further breaches. Being reported that Celtics Bolingoli is the latest to break the rules. Would imagine next breach will see football suspended...  

Will the SPFL would lead the investigation? oops 😬 Celtic are the SPFL 

Edited by Bantabairn

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Have to admit I know absolutely nothing about the new signing apart from his position but it's a good sign we can easily see how the team is shaping up. 

Simple 442 will do for me!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Ecosse83 said:

Have to admit I know absolutely nothing about the new signing apart from his position but it's a good sign we can easily see how the team is shaping up. 

Simple 442 will do for me!

Morrison looks like a decent signing, going by a few EF posts he’s very quick direct & can beat a man, and looks and looks like he’s finally got over some injuries.  This ticks all boxes for me and looks like M&M have recognised that in this division we need young, hungry and quick players. Happy with the signings so far

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Bantabairn said:

Morrison looks like a decent signing, going by a few EF posts he’s very quick direct & can beat a man, and looks and looks like he’s finally got over some injuries.  This ticks all boxes for me and looks like M&M have recognised that in this division we need young, hungry and quick players. Happy with the signings so far

Agree 100%. I am looking forward to seeing all the young signings in action. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Gaz FFC said:

We paid his wages for a year whilst he sat crocked and with Yogi bumming him up to be his best signing.

What a massive disappointment.

Mind you him moutinho and higdon were a decent forward line especially when we had a decent midfield behind them. As soon as mcbride replaced thomson though the wheels came off the bogie.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bantabairn said:

It’s increasingly looking like the Scottish government will pull the plug on football if there is any further breaches. Being reported that Celtics Bolingoli is the latest to break the rules. Would imagine next breach will see football suspended...  

Will the SPFL would lead the investigation? oops 😬 Celtic are the SPFL 

Across the border the top two leagues play hundreds of games without incident, complete their leagues , FA Cup and play offs.

In Scotland they can't get to the 2nd week without several serious breaches and facing the threat of the whole game being suspended  - all self inflicted. 

Unbelievable yet predictable. For me it just means the Gov have no trust in Scottish Football getting their house in order and makes me think the prospect of fans being allowed back in to stadiums will be pushed back significantly .    

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Hank von Hell said:

Across the border the top two leagues play hundreds of games without incident, complete their leagues , FA Cup and play offs.

In Scotland they can't get to the 2nd week without several serious breaches and facing the threat of the whole game being suspended  - all self inflicted. 

Unbelievable yet predictable. For me it just means the Gov have no trust in Scottish Football getting their house in order and makes me think the prospect of fans being allowed back in to stadiums will be pushed back significantly .    

I agree although there was pictures in the press of deli Ali , Grealish and another player in ibiza having drinks poolside  surrounded by hundreds of folk which I found remarkable.  The epl starts in a few weeks so you'd have thought their clubs would be ensuring players were not putting them selves in a position where they could catch covid. Noone seemed bothered though.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Hank von Hell said:

Across the border the top two leagues play hundreds of games without incident, complete their leagues , FA Cup and play offs.

In Scotland they can't get to the 2nd week without several serious breaches and facing the threat of the whole game being suspended  - all self inflicted. 

Unbelievable yet predictable. For me it just means the Gov have no trust in Scottish Football getting their house in order and makes me think the prospect of fans being allowed back in to stadiums will be pushed back significantly .    

You can see that Leitch & Sturgeon are completely f.......  off and already been on call with club managers & captains prior to today’s new breach. I reckon one more incident and football will be suspended. As for fans attending beginning to write off the whole season now 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Serious question here if they put a pause on the league due to the players blowing out the guidelines does that not leave the SPFL open to legal action by Sky as its not covid thats cause it this time its down to negligence of the players the rules were in plae to allow the return of football and start of the league the rules have been breached and possible shutdown due to players not heeding the guidelines to allow the return of football.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, Bantabairn said:

You can see that Leitch & Sturgeon are completely f.......  off and already been on call with club managers & captains prior to today’s new breach. I reckon one more incident and football will be suspended. 

The clubs will have to assure the government that any player committing a covid infringement will be sacked. Or be subjected to such severe sanctions that nobody else will dare step out of line.

The football authorities appear to be doing all they can. If an employee breaks the then rules punish him and him only. Don't punish the thousands of others in his professional who're behaving. Or the thousands more who're linked to that profession. 

That's how it works in normal employment so why not football? You don't shut down Tescos because a girl on the checkout isn't wearing a mask. You just get rid of her. Football clubs have to prove they're willing to do the same. 

No more slaps on the wrists or mealy-mouthed "we didny ken" excuses. Just kick them out. And let the show go on. 

Edited by Bainsfordbairn

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, AL-FFC said:

Serious question here if they put a pause on the league due to the players blowing out the guidelines does that not leave the SPFL open to legal action by Sky as its not covid thats cause it this time its down to negligence of the players the rules were in plae to allow the return of football and start of the league the rules have been breached and possible shutdown due to players not heeding the guidelines to allow the return of football.

Wouldn’t be surprised if the authorities are already reading the small print on the Sky contract...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...