The Falkirk FC Thread

2 hours ago, sirscottyoung said:

I've just woken up to a direct message tweet from someone claiming to have been behind the Jason Smart account. (Quite a few of the folk on here follow him too which is a clue for all the folk that know who I am too)

The guy in question is not an East Fife fan or Falkirk fan, but a Dundee fan going by his feed and he's asked me to say this 

Ask them how ive been deleted and blocked when we have had wanks like Frank Connor and such who are blocked by all and are absolute twats. Seems like a bit of double standards from Keithgy. So many folk are sitting spreading rumours how have I been singled out on two occasions now.

The Falkirk FC Thread delivering yet again, box office stuff

3 hours ago, sirscottyoung said:

I've just woken up to a direct message tweet from someone claiming to have been behind the Jason Smart account. (Quite a few of the folk on here follow him too which is a clue for all the folk that know who I am too)

The guy in question is not an East Fife fan or Falkirk fan, but a Dundee fan going by his feed and he's asked me to say this 

Ask them how ive been deleted and blocked when we have had wanks like Frank Connor and such who are blocked by all and are absolute twats. Seems like a bit of double standards from Keithgy. So many folk are sitting spreading rumours how have I been singled out on two occasions now.

Probably because he's a sad c**t who really needs to find better things to do with his time than pretend to be other people on message boards. Creepy twat.

15 hours ago, AGPar said:

We need a hell of a lot more than that. The current midfield options are a million miles away from being good enough. Miller is fine for the dirty stuff. Beyond that we lack pace, legs, creativity, running power, passing ability, basically the first clue about how to break down any team who could be described as even semi-competent. We've lacked all of these qualities for far too long. If yet another management team cannot see that, the whole thing is just a complete waste of time. We should have been looking all over for two proper midfielders this summer, the likes of a Grant or an Alston, perhaps even Murray who has gone to PT, instead of tying up yet more cash in dross like Telfer or Leitch and bizarrely rushing to give out a new contract to Gomis who can barely last an hour before he requires replacing. Massive, massive upgrade needed or we'll be in this league for the foreseeable.

I’m ok with Gomis re-signing Tbf but can’t disagree with the rest of your post.

There’s still plenty of time till kick off so let’s trust the bosses know what their plans are.

15 hours ago, AGPar said:

We need a hell of a lot more than that. The current midfield options are a million miles away from being good enough. Miller is fine for the dirty stuff. Beyond that we lack pace, legs, creativity, running power, passing ability, basically the first clue about how to break down any team who could be described as even semi-competent. We've lacked all of these qualities for far too long. If yet another management team cannot see that, the whole thing is just a complete waste of time. We should have been looking all over for two proper midfielders this summer, the likes of a Grant or an Alston, perhaps even Murray who has gone to PT, instead of tying up yet more cash in dross like Telfer or Leitch and bizarrely rushing to give out a new contract to Gomis who can barely last an hour before he requires replacing. Massive, massive upgrade needed or we'll be in this league for the foreseeable.

Agree 100 percent.  No idea why gomis was signed when we have miller. Re-signing telfer was even more ludicrous. I cannot believe that the management team seem happy to go with the same plodding midfield we had last year. Stevie Wonder could see that thats where 90 percent of our problems lay.  We need young hungry legs in there or we'll.go absolutely nowhere this season.

17 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Agree 100 percent.  No idea why gomis was signed when we have miller. Re-signing telfer was even more ludicrous. I cannot believe that the management team seem happy to go with the same plodding midfield we had last year. Stevie Wonder could see that thats where 90 percent of our problems lay.  We need young hungry legs in there or we'll.go absolutely nowhere this season.

I can’t agree about Gomis. Miller will have injuries, suspensions or may loss form and he also may have to deputise at right back. I’m ok with Gomis being cover.

I’m sure the managers have an idea who they want and will be working hard to bring them in.

100% don’t get Telfer and Leitch mind you.

25 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

I got in bother for posting about a guy with 1 eye, you will be in big trouble for this post.

Gomis was our best player for the first half of the season. He fell away towards the end but that’s because how terrible most of our other options were we were playing him far too much and because we were pretty much asking him to go box to box he was fucked after 70 minutes every game.

It was an absolute no brainer to sign him up again and if used correctly (and sparingly) will be a key player for us this season imo.

Classic match despite a defeat for the Jags. The two ties played out to close to 20000 fans too.

One of my favourite away games despite the result. Old school end to end stuff with an electric atmosphere all under the lights at Brockville.

49 minutes ago, Russ said:

Gomis was our best player for the first half of the season. He fell away towards the end but that’s because how terrible most of our other options were we were playing him far too much and because we were pretty much asking him to go box to box he was fucked after 70 minutes every game.

It was an absolute no brainer to sign him up again and if used correctly (and sparingly) will be a key player for us this season imo.

My concern is that we'll end up with him and miller in the middle again which is a huge no no.  His role should be limited to coming on late in games to shore things up.  Wouldnt be so bad if we hadn't signed telfer but now we have its very concerning that there is still no.pace or legs in there and yet we have 6 or 7 players on the books that play centre mid.

Not too concerned by the lack of signings yet as I think some of the better options will only become available later in the window when they realise they're not getting picked up by teams in the championship or getting a game in the SPL.  

I am concerned however that we might only be looking at 2-3 new players.  Its beyond daft to waste money on Leitch, Laverty, Gomis, Telfer if they aren't going to play so really can't see us buying any new midfielders.  A striker a centre back and a couple of loans at most I reckon.  

See Gomis as on the bench this season or starting for 60 minutes. As for Leith, Laverty and Telfer all three of them know this is a make or break season for their football careers. So there should be no lack of motivation and M&M must think they have a chance so its a case of wait and see.

As for signings if what has been posted is true the club confidentiality is a disgrace, talk about tipping the wink to the competition !

My concern is that we'll end up with him and miller in the middle again which is a huge no no.  His role should be limited to coming on late in games to shore things up.  Wouldnt be so bad if we hadn't signed telfer but now we have its very concerning that there is still no.pace or legs in there and yet we have 6 or 7 players on the books that play centre mid.

I think a lot of fans under appreciate just how good Gomis is on the ball. Yeah he’s not going to score a lot of goals but that doesn’t mean he doesn’t have something to offer in an attacking sense. His use of the ball and ability to keep it in tight situations is very good. He even gets into a lot of decent attacking positions just he’s got very poor finishing.

Whilst I would like us to get at least 1 more option in there some point before our season starts and wouldn’t like it every game but feel that him and Miller could form a good partnership.

1 hour ago, Russ said:

I think a lot of fans under appreciate just how good Gomis is on the ball. Yeah he’s not going to score a lot of goals but that doesn’t mean he doesn’t have something to offer in an attacking sense. His use of the ball and ability to keep it in tight situations is very good. He even gets into a lot of decent attacking positions just he’s got very poor finishing.

Whilst I would like us to get at least 1 more option in there some point before our season starts and wouldn’t like it every game but feel that him and Miller could form a good partnership.

They showed last season it doesn't work. Its not going to suddenly change this season.  His best position is in front of the back 4 but due to the fact he's knackered after 60 mins thats millers position. Alongside miller you need pace and young legs. Too many times we played gomis and miller against more youthful midfields and it cost us.

I totally agree with this. I have no idea why people are saying “we’re wasting a wage on him” when he was brilliant at times for us last season. The way he keeps the ball and always keeps his cool on tight situations remind me of Latapy.

Using him correctly will be the most important part. Try and play him for 90 minutes every week isn’t going to work, however, use him sparingly and in the right position, then he’ll be a big asset to us this season.

They showed last season it doesn't work. Its not going to suddenly change this season.  His best position is in front of the back 4 but due to the fact he's knackered after 60 mins thats millers position. Alongside miller you need pace and young legs. Too many times we played gomis and miller against more youthful midfields and it cost us.

We lost 2 games with them as a partnership, against Hearts where we were quite unlucky and Clyde where we were completely outplayed and dominated in the middle of the park.

That Clyde game is the only game that I can think of where the midfield didn’t work and even then if we didn’t have they 2 useless c***s Sammon and McMillan pretending they were strikers it could’ve been a lot different.

2 hours ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Suspect M&M will be looking to Leitch, Laverty and Sneddon to be the young legs. it would be great if they were to establish themselves.

There is nothing better than watching a young player come in and become a fixture Kingsley, Vaulks, Sibbald, Alston being recent examples. Everybody willing them on the player knows it and it drives them on. That used to be something you looked forward to every season the decline started when that stopped.

58 minutes ago, Russ said:

We lost 2 games with them as a partnership, against Hearts where we were quite unlucky and Clyde where we were completely outplayed and dominated in the middle of the park.

That Clyde game is the only game that I can think of where the midfield didn’t work and even then if we didn’t have they 2 useless c***s Sammon and McMillan pretending they were strikers it could’ve been a lot different.

The midfield created the square root of hee haw for most of the season. If people can't see the issues we had in the middle then I fear the worst for next season.  Having the likes of gomis and telfer in there beside miller will not win us matches. Far too one paced and none of them have the ability to go box to box or to cut open defences by providing balls through the channels.  We desperately need a regan hendry type who has piles of energy and has the legs and ability to last 90 mins.