Jump to content
Kris.

The Falkirk FC Thread

Recommended Posts

8 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

12. I'm still not sure he'll make it either. Struggled at Plymouth and yet to score for partick.  I liked his effort and enthusiasm but wasn't surprised when rangers let him go. Big season for him coming up.

You could not fault O'Hara for effort either,he just lacked the killer touch.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

With Partick joining the fray, this feels very like the Championship year when Accies reeled in the big cash for McCarthy and MacArthur, and good old Martin was happy to tell folks “well, you know, we really can’t be competing with Hamilton and their money, play offs need to be seen as a realistic target”.

Without having a Martin to do the cold water pouring, everything so far seems to be sending out a similar message. It’s going to take a brilliant bit of recruitment or several chunks of luck to take what we have, add to it, and come up with a seaside league winning team.

That old saying of “the more things change, the more they remain the same” seems about right.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

12. I'm still not sure he'll make it either. Struggled at Plymouth and yet to score for partick.  I liked his effort and enthusiasm but wasn't surprised when rangers let him go. Big season for him coming up.

He's been pretty much injured since he signed for Thistle. If they can get him fit, with Graham and Lyons they will score plenty in this league which doesn't bode well for us. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, keithgy said:

You could not fault O'Hara for effort either,he just lacked the killer touch.

I always felt he lost that electric pace he came into the side with and never seemed to recover it.  That was a major part of his game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

This year is very important for our club.

Its going to be very difficult to get out of this league and, to do so, we need a couple of energetic attacking midfielders and another forward, assuming that Dowds is coming.

Apart from a RB I’m not too worried about the defence as Dixon is quite versatile and so too is Miller.

To do well we need some quality players and for that to happen we need cash.

I don’t know the state of the finances but I’d be up for some kind of crowdfunder purely for the playing budget.

ive already bought ST’s and paid the full whack but I know quite a lot  of folks who would happily pay some extra to get some quality in.

The finances are absolutely fine. Our two largest shareholders are multi-millionaires. How about they dip their hands in their pockets for a change and rectify the shambles that their ownership has oversaw rather than us mugs volunteering to organise crowdfunders? Jesus fu*king wept!!

Edited by MSG GTF!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, MSG GTF! said:

The finances are absolutely fine. Our two largest shareholders are multi-millionaires. How about they dip their hands in their pockets for a change and rectify the shambles that their ownership has oversaw rather than us mugs volunteering to organise crowdfunders? Jesus fu*king wept!!

The main aim should be to get their influence diluted in the club not give them reasons to hang about longer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

The main aim should be to get their influence diluted in the club not give them reasons to hang about longer.

Couldn’t agree more. Just making the point that fans organising crowdfunders is absolutely ludicrous when those two ars*holes are still so heavily involved.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Couldn’t agree more. Just making the point that fans organising crowdfunders is absolutely ludicrous when those two ars*holes are still so heavily involved.

However, in a time of crisis, you want to drive our security out of the club with no alternative?....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, MSG GTF! said:

The finances are absolutely fine. Our two largest shareholders are multi-millionaires. How about they dip their hands in their pockets for a change and rectify the shambles that their ownership has oversaw rather than us mugs volunteering to organise crowdfunders? Jesus fu*king wept!!

The Board of Directors and MSG have no obligation to put any more of their money into the club than they already have in the same way fans have no obligation to contribute to a crowdfunder.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Call me an idealist but if Ritchie and Alexander were really of a mind to help the club then dipping into their pockets to fund a few decent signings to get us promoted would be a given.
Easy for me to spend their money I know but they probably wouldn’t even notice the money had gone.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Reggie Perrin said:

Call me an idealist but if Ritchie and Alexander were really of a mind to help the club then dipping into their pockets to fund a few decent signings to get us promoted would be a given.
Easy for me to spend their money I know but they probably wouldn’t even notice the money had gone.

Why should they? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Call me an idealist but if Ritchie and Alexander were really of a mind to help the club then dipping into their pockets to fund a few decent signings to get us promoted would be a given.
Easy for me to spend their money I know but they probably wouldn’t even notice the money had gone.

First priority is our survival and financial viability imo....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:


However, in a time of crisis, you want to drive our security out of the club with no alternative?....

Absolutely. It’s because of their leadership that we are where we are. Are you honestly telling me that you believe there is no alternative?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Moutinho said:

The Board of Directors and MSG have no obligation to put any more of their money into the club than they already have in the same way fans have no obligation to contribute to a crowdfunder.

Correct, they don’t. So in that case, fu*k off and let other investors take the club forward. 

Out of interest, can you elaborate on what money have they put in that they haven’t had back out again?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you give the current board any cash just now you're enabling them. If you're getting equity then that's a different matter but crowdfunding some dug shite striker on 400 quid a week does more harm than good.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Reggie Perrin said:

Call me an idealist but if Ritchie and Alexander were really of a mind to help the club then dipping into their pockets to fund a few decent signings to get us promoted would be a given.
Easy for me to spend their money I know but they probably wouldn’t even notice the money had gone.

Actually, a few years ago, possibly 2016, they wrote off a few hundred thousand of loans which they had given to the club.

Very generous indeed I would contend.

Look, we need to get their shareholding’s diluted which was the aim of the fans buyout which I would be keen to see resurrected.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Absolutely. It’s because of their leadership that we are where we are. Are you honestly telling me that you believe there is no alternative?

And you’re honestly telling me that the club is completely viable just now in its current form with current expenditure without any dipping in pockets?

And no, at this moment, I see no viable alternative on the immediate horizon.

They’ve certainly made some very major errors, but rather that at this point in time, than us being run by some shady investor with ulterior motive.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

And you’re honestly telling me that the club is completely viable just now in its current form with current expenditure without any dipping in pockets?

And no, at this moment, I see no viable alternative on the immediate horizon.

They’ve certainly made some very major errors, but rather that at this point in time, than us being run by some shady investor with ulterior motive.....

The main errors have been the decision making either by them or the people they have appointed to make these decisions. The budgets available to fund the first team have been fine.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

And you’re honestly telling me that the club is completely viable just now in its current form with current expenditure without any dipping in pockets?

And no, at this moment, I see no viable alternative on the immediate horizon.

They’ve certainly made some very major errors, but rather that at this point in time, than us being run by some shady investor with ulterior motive.....

What about the fans group?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
What about the fans group?

I’m absolutely for investing in the club, but we need long term security to cater for circumstances like the current. Unless that includes very wealthy investors willing to step in, I don’t think it’s a risk free solution that’s necessarily going to move us forward long term.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...