Kris.

The Falkirk FC Thread

1 hour ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

No idea. I thought his refusal to give someone who looked decent even a chance in a terrible team was extremely strange so there may have been personal issues at play.

Sounds a lot like the situation with Tidser and The Backstreet Boys. 

Five weeks to preseason. The first friendly is usually a week to ten days beyond that. And about twelve weeks until the league kicks off.
There's plenty of time. If you want guaranteed early signings, we could always pay over the odds to bring up ex-academy players from England and then pay to put them in digs. Paul Hartley made plenty of early signings in the summer of 2018. Then when he got them in for preseason he realised they were shit and had to splash out again on Scottish players  he knew personally - Dylan Mackin, Marcus Haber, Andrew Irving & Mark Russell. 
I don't care about "soon". Right is more important.  
We recruited thirteen players before the season kicked off last year. The twelfth one joined when the League Cup campaign was already underway. Being so late, he might qualify as a "last ditch signing of the left-overs". It didn't stop him scoring 24 goals. 
Not a dig at you BTW. Just pointing out some parallels with the past. 

We haven’t got a lot right or soon for 3/4 years. We have missed our top striking targets, and football man to guide M&M so already behind where we wanted to be. I hope I am wrong but I worry about what is going to turn up this season in terms of quality. Young ambitious legs a must.

Most of the Sundays carrying reports that October could see the return of fans to stadia. With the UK Gov (England) allowing theatres etc to open, is it possible we could actually attend games with face masks ? ( Yes understand social distancing, hand sanitizing etc) 

15 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

Not another fucking holding midfield player please

I dont think I'd class him as a holding mid from what I seen of him last season. Seemed pretty much "box to box" and pretty dynamic IIRC. Much as I like Gomis and Miller, either of them beside Grant is more appealing than both together. 

12 minutes ago, Bantabairn said:

Most of the Sundays carrying reports that October could see the return of fans to stadia. With the UK Gov (England) allowing theatres etc to open, is it possible we could actually attend games with face masks ? ( Yes understand social distancing, hand sanitizing etc) 

They are going to run ‘pilots in August in England.

As usual, we’re way behind the curve.

we have an 8000 seater stadium for a maximum of 4000 attendees.

Whats the problem?

5 minutes ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

Whats the problem?

It would probably be easy enough for us but we're not the only club in Scotland, they will have concerns about thousands of fans using public transport to get to games? Then you have the pubs before and after the game and of course the crowds getting in and out the stadium.

It's not just as simple as distancing at the game unfortunately!

Whats the problem?

Another typical Trumpite response to addressing a crisis scenario.

We are apparently way behind England in dealing with Covid...

46 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

We haven’t got a lot right or soon for 3/4 years. We have missed our top striking targets, and football man to guide M&M so already behind where we wanted to be. I hope I am wrong but I worry about what is going to turn up this season in terms of quality. Young ambitious legs a must.

Who we talking about here as I can only think of Declan Mcmanus?

Exactly mate. 

Ah well,as there’s been no football for months I guess we can always discuss the weather....

23 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

Ah well,as there’s been no football for months I guess we can always discuss the weather....

Yes, that sounds bland enough to suit the dullness of the folks on here.

51 minutes ago, Proudtobeabairn said:

It's the time of year for ITK nods and winks.

Knowing our recruitment history mcmanus probably all our striking targets. Deans and m & m are now probably trawling football manager every night to try and find another option. 

Edited by Shadwell Dog

7 minutes ago, ebobsboy said:

Rumour was we were in for O'Hara aswell, and Ricky Foster. 

O'hara? Fecks sake I hope not. Only us would be willing to pay money for a player we'd freed 12 months earlier. Shambles.Getting more concerned by the minute.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

23 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Knowing our recruitment history mcmanus probably all our striking targets. Deans and m & m are now probably trawling football manager every night to try and find another option. 

I’m guessing McHugh may have been a target like last season.

19 minutes ago, gav-ffc said:

I’m guessing McHugh may have been a target like last season.

Our targets seem very limited to players we have had before. Miller and mccracken as young managers should have a decent amount of contacts who are still playing. Look at mccall when he first became a young manager he was able to persuade players to play for him that his clubs would normally be unable to afford .  We dont seem to be getting any of that at the moment.

Edited by Shadwell Dog