The Falkirk FC Thread

2 hours ago, MrDust said:

Did you watch Liverpool v Chelsea ? Both full backs involved in all 5 goals

The modern game has more emphasis on full backs being creative nowadays at all levels.

Farid could probably notch a dozen or so of his goals for us off without Duffie..

Doyle wasn't the worst for me albeit sometimes a bit crazy with daft challenges but he was clueless in the last third which can make the difference. He had the engine to get up and down but no point if he is as good as putting the ball out with his delivery/decision making.

We are in the third tier now, if he is good enough, nothing should stop him. The juniors is more of a man's game of experienced players, rarely you hear of young talent being given a chance in the juniors. 

He was playing for camelon u18s .  Tried to get in the falkirk academy but wasn't good enough. Went to Stirling but they kicked him too.  He's still a fair bit away from being first team material.

19 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

He was playing for camelon u18s .  Tried to get in the falkirk academy but wasn't good enough. Went to Stirling but they kicked him too.  He's still a fair bit away from being first team material.

He had a few academys sniffing about him prior to signing for Camelon. Hibs being one of them as said the lads young but he has Dixon to help bring him on and theres his replacement should we go up.

Can't see us signing Keena but we do need a couple of decent forwards, the core of the team is the same as it was, chuck in Leitch, Laverty, Dowds, Sneddon,Mercer, I think it's a bit hit n hope with a few. I hope to be proved wrong. 

1 hour ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Snedden has been signed for the future. I can’t see him being considered this season and time will tell whether he ever reaches the first team. I suppose that will come down to how much he develops playing full time. 

However this is absolute nonsense. He was in the Camelon first team squad and he left Stirling to go there and experience “men’s football”, he wasn’t kicked out of Stirling. A decision that appears to have done him good. 

If you are going to have a go at a young player trying to make his way in the game at least get your facts right. 

8 minutes ago, JulioBairn said:

Snedden has been signed for the future. I can’t see him being considered this season and time will tell whether he ever reaches the first team. I suppose that will come down to how much he develops playing full time. 

However this is absolute nonsense. He was in the Camelon first team squad and he left Stirling to go there and experience “men’s football”, he wasn’t kicked out of Stirling. A decision that appears to have done him good. 

If you are going to have a go at a young player trying to make his way in the game at least get your facts right. 

He played a few games for camelon but wasn't a regular. Saw him in the cup game against dunipace  young ones and he and his team were pretty much outclassed. He's one that might come through in the future who knows but folk thinking he's going to play regularly this season are way off the pace. Always worth taking  the odd gamble as he'll be on peanuts.