The Falkirk FC Thread

4 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

Absolutely no one should insist that they do put money in. However despite all the front they are still a massive influence on the direction of the club.

Why not step aside and allow investment? Let’s not forget they were part of 6 people who stopped 1000 fans investing significant sums 18 months ago and choose an absolute chance before the people who have funded the club during their 20 odd years involved.

I’m not sure that asking fans to put in significant sums to buy the club will work in the middle of a huge recession where many will have lost their jobs and many more are about to. Will buying shares in Falkirk Football Club really be top of people’s priority list? 

The previous ownership proposal never got to the stage of anyone giving any money so it’s far from clear whether there was ever sufficient interest in fan ownership, never mind with what’s happening now. 

2 minutes ago, Moutinho said:

I’m not sure that asking fans to put in significant sums to buy the club will work in the middle of a huge recession where many will have lost their jobs and many more are about to. Will buying shares in Falkirk Football Club really be top of people’s priority list? 

The previous ownership proposal never got to the stage of anyone giving any money so it’s far from clear whether there was ever sufficient interest in fan ownership, never mind with what’s happening now. 

I think the commitments given were from people who fully intended to carry through with their pledge.

Certainly was the case with me and others who I know.

15 minutes ago, LauriestonBairn said:

IMG_8608.jpg

Telfer stays

No complaints bad Telfer who’s very meh.

Durnan, Connolly and Dixon all improved once Ray Mc left. Didn’t get to see much of Hall personally.

I’ll reserve judgement until we see who the new additions are.

Happy enough to keep some of last season’s lot as a core to build from but every single new signing is going to have to be a hit otherwise I don’t think we’ll have enough.

We don’t have the money or time in a 27-game season to sign and bed in a whole new squad again, so I’m quite happy to stick with the core of last season’s team. 

I wouldn’t have kept Telfer personally, but he clearly has ability so he needs to show it much more often in matches.

Edited by Moutinho

17 minutes ago, LauriestonBairn said:

Think so mate. We will probably sign another 4-5 on top of that

Worry I've got is that those 4-5 will need to be the 4/5 best players in the squad for us to feel confident starting the season.

With the short season I do agree with having some continuity though.