The Falkirk FC Thread

2 minutes ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

Far too much negativity. I much preferred Shodwall Cat as a poster. Can we not get him back? 😄

Just a bit worrying that given all the clubs these two have played for our targets if true all seem to be guys that have basically played for falkirk previously and foster.

1 minute ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Just a bit worrying that given all the clubs these two have played for our targets if true all seem to be guys that have basically played for falkirk previously and foster.

Fine by me. Can we have Vaulks, Alston, Sibbald and Taylor back for starters please.

Ok guys that weren't good enough for us previously then mcmanus excepted.
Whilst I agree that there is a lack of imagination in the names mentioned, and IF that is indicative of an overall lack of imagination/contacts or whatever then it is a problem, you cant really be thinking like that. If someone "wasnt good enough for us" when we were a Championship play off side, it really doesnt stand to reason that they arent good enough for us now.

We arent going to attract, or afford players of that calibre now and we are at a serious crossroads. Second season in this toilet of a league and not the favourites to win it. If we dont get up we are firmly rooted, and we seen how firmly rooted we got ourselves in the chamionship. Looking back all romantic over players that couldnt get into Houstons side wont help.

4 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Mibbes aye, mibbes naw. I did hear rumours about O Hara and Foster but I also heard of one other guy who knocked us back that has no connection to the club. BPM might put his name up. 

The four guys who arrived in January had no FFC history, albeit Da Vita was with LM at Livvy. And Dowds, who's been heavily rumoured, has no connection to the club.

I think you might be seeing a pattern that isn't there. We'll know for sure in a couple of months. 

Guest Ecosse83
1 hour ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Big gamble to pay cash for him and take him on a 3 year deal based on one half decent season at Alloa.  Different if a one year free transfer gamble. 

I wasn't aware they paid a fee for him and you do have a point about the 3 year contract! 

Far too much negativity. I much preferred Shodwall Cat as a poster. Can we not get him back? [emoji1]

People will be positive when there is something to be positive about.

All summer we have heard lots of words but still no end product outside Miller signing up for two years

Mibbes aye, mibbes naw. I did hear rumours about O Hara and Foster but I also heard of one other guy who knocked us back that has no connection to the club. BPM might put his name up. 
The four guys who arrived in January had no FFC history, albeit Da Vita was with LM at Livvy. And Dowds, who's been heavily rumoured, has no connection to the club.
I think you might be seeing a pattern that isn't there. We'll know for sure in a couple of months. 

Dowds is the only other name I have heard. TBF they are trying to work away and get players in. I have some sympathy for M&M - it won’t be an easy gig. All the best players, as already been shown, want to play at as high a level as they can, the Championship. I would hope we look to the Premiership clubs and get 3/4 of a decent standard who have plenty of legs about them and some burning ambition.

This year is very important for our club.

Its going to be very difficult to get out of this league and, to do so, we need a couple of energetic attacking midfielders and another forward, assuming that Dowds is coming.

Apart from a RB I’m not too worried about the defence as Dixon is quite versatile and so too is Miller.

To do well we need some quality players and for that to happen we need cash.

I don’t know the state of the finances but I’d be up for some kind of crowdfunder purely for the playing budget.

ive already bought ST’s and paid the full whack but I know quite a lot  of folks who would happily pay some extra to get some quality in.

1 minute ago, Back Post Misses said:

Dowds is the only other name I have heard. TBF they are trying to work away and get players in. I have some sympathy for M&M - it won’t be an easy gig. All the best players, as already been shown, want to play at as high a level as they can, the Championship. I would hope we look to the Premiership clubs and get 3/4 of a decent standard who have plenty of legs about them and some burning ambition.

I heard an interesting suggestion earlier. With the Premiership starting in a couple of weeks there may soon be a group of players there who suddenly realise they're not going to be first picks. I have a suspicion that's how McManus became available, and why our signing of him was so late last summer. 

We're obviously trying to recruit people now. However, even if we get a few in M&M might decide to keep some money back in case someone interesting becomes available over the next month or so. Raith got Regan Hendry to drop to League One and he did alright. 

With the position we are in we're most likely going to lose out on a lot more players than we sign this summer and it's a good sign we're trying to sign players  that other clubs are also interested in rather than picking up some jobber that nobody else is interested in. There's a long time to go until October and in the current climate there's going to be a lot of players floating about looking for a club. It's our loans we need to get right this season, we need up and coming youngsters in on loan that are here to prove themselves not mcmillans or de vitas but that's all down to how good m&m's contacts are. 

Guest Ecosse83
1 hour ago, Moutinho said:

I’m concerned about the quality of players to come in if Kevin O’Hara was our main striker target. He’s nowhere near good enough.

We should be looking to bring in 4 or 5 quality players imo, not jersey fillers like O’Hara.

You do realise at 21 he could have improved a bit? 

Some people on here really do make me wonder. If Falkirk sign a striker that scored ten in the Championship last season then I’ll be very optimistic, yet some on here don’t think that’s good enough?

Spoke to your goalkeeper Robbie Mutch last week lads.
Really mature, well spoken young lad.
https://whatthefalkpod.podbean.com/e/what-the-falk-podcast-31-robbie-mutch-falkirk-jim-leighton-scotland-u21-sfls-decision/

I'm not a Falkirk supporter but enjoyed that and he comes across really well.

One point though, when you're talking about the historic jail I think you're mixing up Inverurie (in Aberdeenshire) with Inveraray (in Argyll).

Do folk actually follow football outside plodding along to the Falkirk Stadium every second week? O'Hara hit double figures in the league above us, got a similar number of assists and won Alloa's POTY. 

No, most don’t know what goes on inside it either sadly