The Falkirk FC Thread

3 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

Posted this in the Ayr thread as they're discussing Nelson as well:

I liked Nelson. He was the explosive striker that'd get you excited, but he never seemed to deliver. Became 3rd choice striker behind Hemmings & Danny Johnson then was moved to the wing when he did get on which just isn't for him.

Lot of off field rumours about him which if true, will spell the end for his career if he doesn't get his act together, but overall I'm quite sad he's gone, but there'll be a few that aren't. Second touch is a tackle and that severely hindered any progress with us.  It looks like he wasn't wanting to agree to our reduced terms so wherever he goes I expect he'll be expecting to be the established number one striker and have wages that reflect that.

Can't see a Prem team taking a punt on him (Could be wrong, of course) so he'll either be with a club in the Championship, yourselves or back down South. I'd expect the latter tbh.

He was like that when he first arrived with us. Struggled with his first touch and finishing but after a decent run in the side he was like a different player.  I had a feeling he would struggle at dundee as he wouldnt get the time required to get going .

3 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

He was like that when he first arrived with us. Struggled with his first touch and finishing but after a decent run in the side he was like a different player.  I had a feeling he would struggle at dundee as he wouldnt get the time required to get going .

He had ample opportunity to get game time at Dundee but his apparent notorious off field activities put paid to that.

Just now, Reggie Perrin said:

What level of notorious, drinks like a fish or potential Goodwillie?

Definitely not Goodwillie. Seems posts mentioning it have been getting wiped so I better shut my puss!

Just now, keithgy said:

Watching a You Tube interview with M&M and they have said a few players have already resigned and will be getting announced next week.

It was concerning when they mentioned the other 2 candidates for captain being Dixon and Durnan not really worried so much with Dixon but Durnan

4 minutes ago, keithgy said:

At least they said it was a straight forward choice.

As long as they dont go asking Durnan of doing anything more than the basics then we should be fine, i still think we could have done better all we can do now is hope Telfer knocked back the offer but i dont think we will be that lucky.

1 hour ago, Ludo*1 said:

He had ample opportunity to get game time at Dundee but his apparent notorious off field activities put paid to that.

Never had any issues with us. In fact was probably one of our fittest and most hard working players. Strange how players can behave so differently in different environments.

3 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Never had any issues with us. In fact was probably one of our fittest and most hard working players. Strange how players can behave so differently in different environments.

He was only on loan for 4 month tbf.

Will be very concerning if the management team think he's good enough to do the job . 
Unlike Dixon, Connolly, McManus and even Durnan who showed big improvements under M&M, Telfer arguably had his "best" displays under McKinnon, never showed up once for M&M and his only notable input was kicking Regan Hendry in an act of inexplicable cowardice.

4 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

He was only on loan for 4 month tbf.

Yeah also far more chance of getting up to no good in Dundee I would say than falkirk.  I would think that these issues if correct have reared their ugly head since he moved up there. Do players not get regularly tested for this stuff? Mind you unlike other sports football seems to pretend these things don't happen and tell the wider world their injured when they are actually banned. 

Edited by Shadwell Dog