The Falkirk FC Thread

12 hours ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Cove will be playoffs at best i'm not concerned by them at all. .  Lot will depend on whether thistle win their appeal and get comp. 

You told me some weeks ago when I said Thistle couldn't afford the legal fess that they were loaded due to that lottery winner leaving them serious cash.

What's all this depending on comp stuff now?

2 hours ago, Marshmallo said:

MacDonald is a media darling amongst the East Coast press cause he played about 5 games for Hearts but he is a diddy. He was at Alloa last season and has signed for newly promoted Raith now. You'd think they'd signed Oblak the way some people are going on.

McDonald to blame for me, I’ll never forget the jambo f*****s part that day. Shit keeper, raith will go down with him being their no 1. Hell f**k it into them.

9 hours ago, Hank von Hell said:

You told me some weeks ago when I said Thistle couldn't afford the legal fess that they were loaded due to that lottery winner leaving them serious cash.

What's all this depending on comp stuff now?

They have 5 million quid in a trust account that he left them but it can only be used for certain things as far as I know.  Fortunately they cant spunk it on players.

Guest Ecosse83
5 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

I feel your pain brother, my sex life's like that too!

Is Christmas only 3 months away?? 

Some of the chat on the last few pages is woeful.  Pointless predicting where we'll finish given we've so far signed one 18 year old left back.  At least 5-6 to be added and then we'll have a much better idea.  

Also - don't get why some people think we'll be play offs at best.  By and large the teams in this division are appalling.  If you go with what's been said over the last 24 hrs, Partick have a 'powerhouse midfield' and have about 4 strikers who will score bundles of goals.  When was the last time Brian Graham had a prolific season?  7 years ago (and he turns 33 in November).  The bulk of their squad couldn't finish above Alloa and Arbroath last season and I don't remember being impressed by the silky Arbroath team when we played them in the cup..

One thing I do agree with is getting rid of Sammon and Telfer.  You can't play to someones strengths when they blatantly don't have any.  

Edited by Proudtobeabairn

17 hours ago, ShaggerG said:

What? They're a similar height maybe?

Sammon is fast, Miller isn't. Miller is good in the air, Sammon isn't. Miller can bring the ball down and protect it, Sammon can't. Sammon is good at running the channels, Miller isn't. Other than that though...

Badly worded by me, your right ! Both players are more effective with a player with them. Stuck up front on their own does not bring the best out of them.

Will be interesting to see how M&M set out the team. No faffing about this season, get stuck in and boss the game.

Nothing better than the opposition defending corners and not getting out their half for the first 10 minutes.

19 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Getting on a bit but good signing for this level.

Sounds like what we were saying last year with our signings. I'm glad we've 'missed' out on that one. Hoping for a wee pick me up Friday signing today but I think i'm being a bit optimistic. 

Mutch

New Durnan/Hall New Dixon

New Miller New Connolly

New New

Subs:

Todd

Durnan/Hall

Snedden

New gk

Gomis

Miller

New

With Sammon running up and down the channels with a hose at half time.