The Falkirk FC Thread

Decent enough read, if a little brief/vague. Couple of things: Peter Grant is a defender not a midfielder, and it's Mark Millar, not Miller.

Cheers for reading, changed those. I am trying to do every single team in Scotland whilst doing other bits and pieces for the blog so if it seems vague or brief it is simply an issue of time, I would love to do more but it is just me doing it and I only have so much time on my hands! Thanks again for giving it a read.

Hello. I have been profiling the Scottish leagues and have reached the Championship and both Falkirk and Dumbarton (I am doing two teams at once for the Championship). I would appreciate it if a few people gave it a read and if there were any mistakes, comments or criticisms then please do fire them my way!

Thanks in advance!

Link

On the key players bit the one who will light up the league this year is Conner McGrandles. He has everything, touch , vision, pace and a fantastic engine. He will become Falkirk's bigger ever transfer out at the end of this season IMO.

Yeah my boss is a Falkirk season ticket holder and he is always talking about him. We've been incredibly lucky with transfer fees in the last few weeks but how much do you think Falkirk could hold out for him? Would he be the type of player you would like to see have a go at playing abroad?

I would think he would be on a par with McCarthy of Hamilton transfer fee wise.

Didn't McCarthy help Accies win promotion then establish himself as an SPL player before being sold? Thats far more than McGrandles has done so far so no way would McGrandles command as big a fee.

I would think he would be on a par with McCarthy of Hamilton transfer fee wise.

Not a snowball's chance in hell. McGrandles is a bit special in the second tier, but has a lot to prove. McCarthy was playing at a higher level, and was undoubtedly a class act. If we were to punt him and get half of McCarthy's fee, (let's call that 600k up front plus sell on fee), we'll be doing well. Accies also played hardball with more than one suitor, and our BoD don't exactly have a shining reputation in that respect. We actively seek to punt all of our players all of the time.......just have a look at the handouts given to scouts from other clubs.

Mcgrandles should be our first million pound player he is already a better player than any of the other midfielders we have produced ie(arfield&fulton) regardless of the level he has been playing at. He will be our key player this season and at only 19 he's just going to get better and better.

Yep, but he is playing at a second tier Scottish club, and that affects his market value hugely. If he isn't up playing in the top flight in Scotland, them no-one is going to pay a seven figure fee for him. I mean, why should they? Our BoD would bite their hand off for half of that.

I remember thinking what has gotten into Elvis playing a young raw laddie who looks out of his depth! How wrong I was. Well done Elvis for spotting the great potential early

Yeah McGrandles would never have broken through if it wasn't for Pressley :rolleyes:

Yeah my boss is a Falkirk season ticket holder and he is always talking about him. We've been incredibly lucky with transfer fees in the last few weeks but how much do you think Falkirk could hold out for him? Would he be the type of player you would like to see have a go at playing abroad?

He comes from foreign parts already - Banknock, so playing abroad will be a dawdle........................... ;)

Hope we don't go near Brian Graham. How he got his move to United in the first place is beyond me. Clearly not SPL class and not the standard of player we should be looking to sign IMO.

On McGrandles, if he fills out and gets more powerful which he should, the worlds his oyster. I agree he has to prove it at a higher level but there is nothing to suggest he couldn't handle it

Edited by ToonBairn

Hope we don't go near Brian Graham. How he got his move to United in the first place is beyond me. Clearly not SPL class and not the standard of player we should be looking to sign IMO.

On McGrandles, if he fills out and gets more powerful which he should, the worlds his oyster. I agree he has to prove it at a higher level but there is nothing to suggest he couldn't handle it

28 goals in a season in the first division isn't the standard of player you should be looking to sign? Whether or not he is able to make the step up to SPL is neither here, nor there, but you are saying a guy who scored an absolute shed load of goals in the first division, isn't the type of player you should be signing?

28 goals in a season in the first division isn't the standard of player you should be looking to sign? Whether or not he is able to make the step up to SPL is neither here, nor there, but you are saying a guy who scored an absolute shed load of goals in the first division, isn't the type of player you should be signing?

We are Falkirk.

We sign a better class.