The Falkirk FC Thread

This is the bit that gives me the fear. You would think that we would have learned after the Eddie May appointment. At least then we "only" dropped down to the Championship, if we don't get up to the Championship this year we could be down here forever. I know that M & M have done little wrong but I still don't think they are the right choice to get us out of this God awful league (come back Houstie, all is forgiven). How many games should we give them? 5? 6? It is only a 27 game season, if we are well off the pace after 10 games we are screwed. Why is there no apparent sense of urgency from the board that our situation is desperate?
Sorry,  I know that I'm a bit of a broken record when it comes to M & M.

FFS.....

Guest Ecosse83

Imagine coming on here and reading posts about how many games do Miller and McCracken get before getting the boot!  

I fucking despair! Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't they only lose 1 game in the league since coming in? 

1 hour ago, Shadwell Dog said:

I don't care whether its a rookie or an experienced manager I just want the right manager.  Houston apart they've all been wrong since Hughes left and it hasn't mattered whether rookie or experienced. We'll just need to hope m and m buck that trend.

M&M have earned the supports goodwill and it's fair they get a fair crack of the whip. This is a make or break season for both of them for a career in football management so there will be no doubt of the effort they will put into the job.

As you posted its results in the end that matter. Am hopeful and wish them both the best. But please FFC come out the traps at the start of this season and lay down a marker that the team are going to be messed about with.

1 hour ago, sirscottyoung said:

Agnew has a PT training company on the side. Plus he's got a few years left on his contract at us. It's not him that's signed haha

I wouldnt be averse to signing a few part timers but the issue would be length of contract I would think. Cant see us giving him more than a one year deal as he's 33 and we're looking at promotion so if he's on longer than that at East fife I can see why he wouldn't be interested unfortunately.

39 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

I wouldnt be averse to signing a few part timers but the issue would be length of contract I would think. Cant see us giving him more than a one year deal as he's 33 and we're looking at promotion so if he's on longer than that at East fife I can see why he wouldn't be interested unfortunately.

I doubt it was even a conversation about him coming

4 minutes ago, sirscottyoung said:

He wasn't removed from it, just left off the 2020/21 signed list as he never signed a new contract and officially left at the end of the season (start of June)

TBH I didn't even look I just thought that it was him that was coming, sorry!

So right or wrong then?

1 hour ago, sirscottyoung said:

I doubt it was even a conversation about him coming

I don't think our guys would be looking to add another 33year old unfortunately.  With gomis and Miller already there I think they'll be looking for younger legs.

3 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

I don't think our guys would be looking to add another 33year old unfortunately.  With gomis and Miller already there I think they'll be looking for younger legs.

33 year old player will be just a guy picking up a wage in the twilight of his career. Sign a 20-25 year old they will be bursting a gut to stay in the game.

This is where M&M knowledge and contacts in the game will come in to play. 

1 hour ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

33 year old player will be just a guy picking up a wage in the twilight of his career. Sign a 20-25 year old they will be bursting a gut to stay in the game.

This is where M&M knowledge and contacts in the game will come in to play. 

Aye although someone like agnew guarantees you ten goals from midfield every season. Id rather have him than gomis for instance when we already have miller in there. Miller agnew and a couple of younger players wouldve been a good mix.