Jump to content
Kris.

The Falkirk FC Thread

Recommended Posts

27 game league ( if we have teams that can actually adhere to the testing etc) interesting to see how the fixture list is constructed.

October start, would it be wishful thinking, for perhaps attendance albeit with masks etc, but can’t see how going for a p..... is going to work ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bantabairn said:

27 game league ( if we have teams that can actually adhere to the testing etc) interesting to see how the fixture list is constructed.

October start, would it be wishful thinking, for perhaps attendance albeit with masks etc, but can’t see how going for a p..... is going to work ?

Clubs will have to cost their budget on a no crowd scenario. Every club will run with reduced squads - reduced wages or a mix of both.

Could be some interesting signings on the horizon ! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Had to laugh at Neilson leaving Utd for the Jambo's. Dropping a division, with the Tannadice side having just been declared champions.
Do you think he's been told there's no way the Arabs are getting promoted?
#DejaVu #Schadenfreude #LiveInHope




The conversation will have gone.

Budge - How much you on?
Neilson - you need to double it.
Budge - done

Cash as always

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Back Post Misses said:

 


emoji23.png

The conversation will have gone.

Budge - How much you on?
Neilson - you need to double it.
Budge - done

Cash as always

 

Not that I've any affection for the Jambos, but just for the way Utd treated Falkirk over the Jobby/Coyle/Kerr/Sammy scenario; knowing the way the votes were going to go to keep the Bairns down. It would be great for the same to happen to them for the shits & giggles.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Not that I've any affection for the Jambos, but just for the way Utd treated Falkirk over the Jobby/Coyle/Kerr/Sammy scenario; knowing the way the votes were going to go to keep the Bairns down. It would be great for the same to happen to them for the shits & giggles.

Not exactly the same team in charge at United as then. So what’s the point of holding a grudge?…

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just hearing that Jim Duffy is in hospital after suffering a heart attack, best wishes and a speedy recovery.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:


Not exactly the same team in charge at United as then. So what’s the point of holding a grudge?…

Aye, like they've changed their fanbase too. Fuckem!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

 


emoji23.png

The conversation will have gone.

Budge - How much you on?
Neilson - you need to double it.
Budge - done

Cash as always

 

You're correct , but I wonder how the players he now expects to give their all for him feel having been forced to take a wage cut. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

Clubs will have to cost their budget on a no crowd scenario. Every club will run with reduced squads - reduced wages or a mix of both.

Could be some interesting signings on the horizon ! 

I still believe there will be crowds in grounds by October.

If Australia is an example, and I accept it might not be but it's all I've got  , then we currently have  25% capacity and stadiums in Queensland & NSW and 50% in South Australia  (27,000 for the Adelaide Oval) with Western Australia hoping to go beyond that from July 18th.   

October is over 3 months away - unless the UK makes an absolute mess of lifting the restrictions & folks ignore the new rules I cannot see how crowds can't be back by then in some form.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Hank von Hell said:

October is over 3 months away - unless the UK makes an absolute mess of lifting the restrictions & folks ignore the new rules 

How long have you been away?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Hank von Hell said:

October is over 3 months away - unless the UK makes an absolute mess of lifting the restrictions & folks ignore the new rules I cannot see how crowds can't be back by then in some form.

spiderman.gif.0e86f167e2f2d31f32a62e50696c9e52.gif

Lockdown has been a joke, in case you haven't noticed. The government have been pathetic, "advising" this, "suggesting" that. Police catching groups breaking the lockdown have been "encouraging" people to go home. One of the highest death rates in the world because folk ignore the rules and the state is too gutless to enforce them.

 

I can see the season re-starting then stopping when the second wave hits.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

BTW, I read somewhere that Neilson was kept on a short leash at Utd, not really allowed full control of signings. It's quite possible he's getting more freedom at Hearts. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, NewBornBairn said:

spiderman.gif.0e86f167e2f2d31f32a62e50696c9e52.gif

Lockdown has been a joke, in case you haven't noticed. The government have been pathetic, "advising" this, "suggesting" that. Police catching groups breaking the lockdown have been "encouraging" people to go home. One of the highest death rates in the world because folk ignore the rules and the state is too gutless to enforce them.

 

I can see the season re-starting then stopping when the second wave hits.

Yet, despite all these folk apparently ignoring the rules, the spread of infection continues to fall.

The majority of folk are following the rules as closely as possible. You’re always going to have people who decide they don’t apply to them but it is the minority.

Not saying we won’t see another rise in cases - that’s inevitable - but I agree that as long as the majority continue to follow the advice most of the time, the situation will continue to improve.

Not defending the government’s handling of this in any way I hasten to add.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, NewBornBairn said:

spiderman.gif.0e86f167e2f2d31f32a62e50696c9e52.gif

Lockdown has been a joke, in case you haven't noticed. The government have been pathetic, "advising" this, "suggesting" that. Police catching groups breaking the lockdown have been "encouraging" people to go home. One of the highest death rates in the world because folk ignore the rules and the state is too gutless to enforce them.

 

I can see the season re-starting then stopping when the second wave hits.

Yeah but everyone thinks she's done a great job.🙈🙈

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, NewBornBairn said:

BTW, I read somewhere that Neilson was kept on a short leash at Utd, not really allowed full control of signings. It's quite possible he's getting more freedom at Hearts. 

True, told that he was responsible for players training, team selections (which were checked) and wining games. All other responsibilities with football director. ( guess united are such a big club) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Yeah but everyone thinks she's done a great job.🙈🙈

In comparison to the frankly criminal misrule and deception in our neighbouring virus incubator country, she has.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Bantabairn said:

True, told that he was responsible for players training, team selections (which were checked) and wining games. All other responsibilities with football director. ( guess united are such a big club) 

Ross Tokely will do as he's telt.

 

article-0-05108AF5000005DC-210_468x350.j

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

In comparison to the frankly criminal misrule and deception in our neighbouring virus incubator country, she has.

Shes a good communicator but our results are just as bad unfortunately as the clowns down south. Far too many errors made north and south of the border. Anyway enough politics.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Shes a good communicator but our results are just as bad unfortunately as the clowns down south. Far too many errors made north and south of the border. Anyway enough politics.

Always quite funny how you push a political debate then immediately chastise others for carrying it forward further....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...