The Falkirk FC Thread

I don't think they will all stay. I wouldn't be averse to  G Miller, Connolly, Hall, Dixon, possibly Durnan staying on, Telfer can go. I still think we'd need to add a good few new signings to those and the ones still under contract. I just hope we don't end up with a threadbare squad like we did in January which saw Miller pull the boots on, although a marked improvement on both Sammon and McMillan.

23 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

You can get yours printed now mate.

F1B81695-1309-4540-B2B7-6EA9700F989C.jpeg

Hilarious stuff there.

Are you so touchy that you can't have a friendly laugh and have to mock a disability and a guy dying? 

9 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Who’s died ?? Have I missed something here ??

Seems the post has been deleted, after the post by D.A.F.C someone replied with "Sign Norrie as a speed bump", at least that's what I think DaBaracus is alluding too. 

2 hours ago, D.A.F.C said:

Crunchie to be named as pars toilet cleaner.

Edited by Grant228

The club Twitter account getting used like Del Boy down the market trying to flog any old shite is particularly annoying on the day that Dunfermline have made 3 cracking signings.

Falkirk are an embarrassment and have been for at pretty much 3 years solid now.

Tbh I don’t think the club will really be in a position to make signings until they see how season ticket sales go. They would be totally irresponsible to offer big bucks to players and then find that sales are way down like Dundee.

3 minutes ago, Moutinho said:

Tbh I don’t think the club will really be in a position to make signings until they see how season ticket sales go. They would be totally irresponsible to offer big bucks to players and then find that sales are way down like Dundee.

Is that any more irresponsible than being left with all the muck and spending at least one more year in this hellhole of a league?

1 minute ago, ebobsboy said:

I wouldn't say O'Hara is a cracking signing, there's not much to back that up bar a few goals at Alloa. Thomas and McManus pretty decent though. 

Thomas has always been a bit of a hit or a miss.  Some decent loan spells followed by mediocre permanent spells. 

2 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

Not sure we should be lashing out the full budget in July, but the bottom line is players and their agents will be actively seeking job security, no one is sitting on their hands waiting on the call from Gary "theres been a statement" Deans. We might not be able to play them until October, but paying them until then might just have to be the cost of assembling a decent squad. If we don't, others will.

Unfortunately that’s looking to be prescient comment that’s been made a number of times in the last month. Some teams have decided its time to gather the best now rather than waiting, and it’ll be interesting to see how it works out. You, at least, have the advantage of knowing it’s League One and being able to shop accordingly. The only real questions would be Raith or Partick and Stranraer or Cove, and neither choice should make a huge difference in your plans.

I will admit to being surprised Falkirk hasn’t signed anyone of any note, and it would  make me wonder what’s going on in the financial column right now. Everything the BoD said last year suggested the situation wasn’t that bad (yet).

1 minute ago, TxRover said:

Unfortunately that’s looking to be prescient comment that’s been made a number of times in the last month. Some teams have decided its time to gather the best now rather than waiting, and it’ll be interesting to see how it works out. You, at least, have the advantage of knowing it’s League One and being able to shop accordingly. The only real questions would be Raith or Partick and Stranraer or Cove, and neither choice should make a huge difference in your plans.

I will admit to being surprised Falkirk hasn’t signed anyone of any note, and it would  make me wonder what’s going on in the financial column right now. Everything the BoD said last year suggested the situation wasn’t that bad (yet).

The worry would be what happens now if there's a second spike between now and October and lockdown returns.  If you sign a pile of players now you could be in big trouble.  Miller and McCracken have only been back a short time and players are already being courted and have been shown round the stadium so we've been trying to get some in With so many teams having squads to fill though players may take a bit longer to see if something better comes up soon. Thats the problem when your stuck in league one.

1 hour ago, CC52 FFC said:

We’ll be starting pre-season the end of August probably, maybe even before. That gives us a month or so to sign the majority of our squad. 

We've got six players signed and presumably six players who'll be resigned when their short term contract expire. 

If you speculate on a squad size of around eighteen again, then we have six weeks to sign around six players. I believe they hope to begin preseason on 24th August. 

2 minutes ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

We've got six players signed and presumably six players who'll be resigned when their short term contract expire. 

If you speculate on a squad size of around eighteen again, then we have six weeks to sign around six players. I believe they hope to begin preseason on 24th August. 

I'm not overly concerned at noone having signed just now. Theres that many players out there that there's no point diving in to sign any old dross.  Outside the top flight signings have been few and far between anyway. Dunfermline have bucked the trend but then with Nisbet going they had to bring in some players or risk their high priced season tickets  stalling.  Would be good to get some news next week in line with ours going on sale.

20 minutes ago, TxRover said:

Some teams have decided its time to gather the best now rather than waiting, and it’ll be interesting to see how it works out.

Or they've signed the players that jumped at the first offer. The best players may well be playing a waiting game.