The Falkirk FC Thread

14 hours ago, Hank von Hell said:

The US has broken it's own record for the number of new  COVID-19 cases in one day , over 36,000, and your idiot "President" is tweeting about lobster fishing in Maine.

I'm actually scared for you.

And busy pushing for less testing because then we’ll find less cases. Don’t expect to see US tourists for some time pretty  much anywhere in the world.

20 minutes ago, wee_bairn said:

They’ve already recruited two top signings in Docherty from Ayr and Lyons from Montrose. 
I felt we lost games in the middle of the park last season, very few games we controlled against the top half sides. We desperately need someone with a bit of energy who can go box to box.  

Does Alston still have it in him do that role ?

So many hero's have come back and not worked out for them.

8 hours ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

And yet the deaths per mn in the US is around half of that in the UK/Scotland.

Testing positive is not a death sentence.

This is a disease overwhelmingly that affects the elderly.

Where to start...

1) You, sir (or madam), are still a moron.

2) Comparing the death rate per million between a population group with declining case numbers and a population group with sharply increasing numbers would be like taking only goals scored in the first half for one side and all goals for the other.

3) Testing positive means you have a disease that has unknown knock-on effects to numerous body systems over the next decades, as well as risking contemporaneous lung damage, potential months long impacts on activity and health and the risk of death.

4) Over 50% of new cases in Texas are in the 21-40 age group, hardly the elderly. Similar numbers occur nationwide, which shows the disease is most easily caught by the elderly and immunocompromised, but is easily communicated and contracted by the younger population with when no precautions are taken.

5 hours ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

Agree - great to see we’ve another Daily Mail reader on here.

“...the Daily Mail is read by the wives of the people who run the country...”

Statistics show the Daily Mail has a 54-55% female readership, perhaps the correct User Name is “Dawson Park Girl who identifies as a Boy”, and it wouldn’t fit the length limit?

Does Alston still have it in him do that role ?

So many hero's have come back and not worked out for them.

Not sure if he’s got the engine, one thing that most teams have in this league, a couple of pacy midfielders. As posted desperately need pace, even when Rodden was here, how many times he turned 25 yards back to get the ball.

It's the Third Division we're in. He's only 28 & been playing 2 ABOVE ours for for 4 years!

Aye, I don't know how he'd be able to cope.[emoji23][emoji1787][emoji23]

Like he'll be dropping to this level anyway.[emoji849]

Guest Ecosse83

Blair Alston would be a massive standout in this league. 

Folk questioning him reminds me of the idiots who thought Liam Craig wouldn't have been good enough for us in the Championship!

Edited by Ecosse83

2 minutes ago, Bantabairn said:

Not questioning his all round game, agree he would be a great player at this level, the point was his pace, at 28 I’m not sure we’d get the player that left us. He’ll sign for one of the Fifers as stays in Kirkcaldy 

I cant comment on his season at Hamilton, but during his time with us there was never any noticeable drop off in terms of pace/stamina.

We have the guts of a decent squad already imo. If we can get a better right back, someone with a bit of drive beside Miller (possibly Todd) and a striker to replace McManus, we’ll be fine. A winger with a bit of pace wouldn’t go amiss either.

Mutch

New RB Durnan Hall Dixon

Connolly Miller New CM Todd

Sammon New ST 

Dean's confirming that buchanan, doyle etc were freed as they were not in the management teams plans for next season. Season tickets to go on sale within the next few weeks based on a 27 game season starting in october. Looks like every team  in leagues one and two will  be playing . In talks with mcmanus and a number of other players.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

3 hours ago, Bantabairn said:

I’m hoping we never lost interest ! Hate close season ( punt excused) as it brings out the “ I’ve heard” “been told” “he’s talking to the club” fantasists & damn right liars. 

By we I mean Dunfermline, Crawford was seen talking to him. Their will be a good few teams contacting him. 

41 minutes ago, Bantabairn said:

Not questioning his all round game, agree he would be a great player at this level, the point was his pace, at 28 I’m not sure we’d get the player that left us. He’ll sign for one of the Fifers as stays in Kirkcaldy 

Is he not a die hard Falkirk fan? Can't see him signing for Dunfermline in the same way I couldn't see Sibbald signing for us etc. 

3 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

By we I mean Dunfermline, Crawford was seen talking to him. Their will be a good few teams contacting him. 

Is he not a die hard Falkirk fan? Can't see him signing for Dunfermline in the same way I couldn't see Sibbald signing for us etc. 

Born in kirkcaldy so I doubt it. He'll have an attachment from coming through our youth system but that would be it.

22 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Dean's confirming that buchanan, doyle etc were freed as they were not in the management teams plans for next season. Season tickets to go on sale within the next few weeks based on a 27 game season starting in october. Looks like every team  in leagues one and two will  be playing . In talks with mcmanus and a number of other players.

Promising to see M&M showing a ruthless side.  Miller especially seems a bit too nice to be a manager. I kinda expected a few likes of his insta posts, few tags in memes thrown in with coffee dates and he’d be like putty in your hands.

Edited by wee_bairn

6 minutes ago, Bantabairn said:

If it’s love for us he’ll sign, unfortunately I would imagine he’ll be looking for a 2 plus year deal, and Scumfermline & bro will probably match our Offer, more likely better any offer we make ( if we are in for him)

McManus has always signed for the highest bidder. 

Was loved at Morton, went to Raith. 

Got fans Poty at Dunfermline, moved to County. 

It's a short career and McManus has quite rightfully always looked out for number one, he'll sign for whatever the best offer is. 

1 hour ago, Moutinho said:

We have the guts of a decent squad already imo. If we can get a better right back, someone with a bit of drive beside Miller (possibly Todd) and a striker to replace McManus, we’ll be fine. A winger with a bit of pace wouldn’t go amiss either.

Mutch

New RB Durnan Hall Dixon

Connolly Miller New CM Todd

Sammon New ST 

You were doing well with that till i seen Durnan and Sammon, Sammon inconsistent and depends if he can get his finger out his arse or no, Durnan stabilised a bit towards the end of the season but still an accident waiting to happen just dont let him try to play football, get the ball and get it to the nearest bairns player and thats about his limit.

Yes, for a very long time we been used to mediocre statements from the club, with the usual cringeworthy requests for money. Sense a complete positive change within the club, and sincerely hope that we can see a new Falkirk going forward. 
I hope you are right and hate to be cynical, but he is still just the mouthpiece for those who are the problem. He might be a significantly better mouthpiece, but still....

14 minutes ago, Bantabairn said:

No worries, cynical and Falkirk statements were a marriage. I do sense a change and tbh after the battering the MSG have endured over the past 18 months, GD,s interview intimated that they will not be involved in any activities going forward. 

I will agree that he comes across well. I think he answers questions well. I dont get left thinking "why hasnt he talked about this or that" seems to have a good grasp.